What Happens When We’re Choked Out?
Views: 1502 - Comments: 0
Back in October or so I asked folks if they’d ever been choked unconscious in BJJ. I have to apologize because I kind of dropped the ball on that one and haven’t touched the topic since that post.
But good news folks! Well, The FightWorks Podcast’s resident medical consultant Doctor Aaron Schneir, an emergency medicine specialist at UCSD and a purple belt in BJJ, has agreed to come on again soon to discuss what is really happening to us when we get choked in BJJ! We’ll be debunking myths, learning what to REALLY do when someone is choked out, what it does to your brain, and more!
But I need your help in putting the interview together!
Here’s how you can help:
- Option A: Call our toll free number and leave us a message with your question for Doc, and I can integrate it directly into the show! Call us on (877) 247-4662 !
- Option B: email me your question to caleb AT (this website) DOT com.
If you’re wondering which of the two options will definitely make you a better grappler on the mats, it’s Option A. That is if one will help at all
This blog posted by,
More Blogs From FWpodcast
- 04/30 - Registration Fees for Mundials About to Go Up!
- 05/01 - FightWorks Podcast Google Gadget Now Available!
- 05/02 - BJJ Gets Great Exposure on NPR Today
- 05/03 - Our Google Gadget Explained in Video
- 05/03 - BJJ in the Jordanian Military
- 05/03 - $33,000 in Prize Money at the Abu Dhabi International Jiu-Jitsu Cup
- 05/03 - Gracie Invitational in London
- 05/05 - #115 Joel Tudor, Pro Surfer Turned BJJ Addict
- 05/11 - #116 Royler Gracie, Breno from Fight Quest, Rio BJJ Travel Tips
- 05/13 - No-gi Seminar at Xtreme Couture
- 05/14 - BJJ Travel
- 06/05 - Note to Self: Bring Camera to Gym the Week of Mundials
- 07/18 - What Happens When We’re Choked Out?
- 08/28 - Need Questions for Penny Thomas, BJJ Black Belt!
- 09/24 - Penny Thomas Video Posted
- 10/13 - #138 Reducing Jiu-Jitsu Competition Anxiety, Part 2
- 10/23 - Carlos Gracie: The Creator of a Dynasty, by Reila Gracie
- 11/26 - Need Questions for Saulo Ribeiro
- 12/29 - Rickson Gracie Is Our First Guest in 2009!
- 02/09 - Good News, Bad News Today