UnderGround Forums Matt Hughes in critical condition

10 days ago
6/29/06
http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/details-emerge-after-ufc-legend-matt-hughes-tragic-accident/

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

"The sporting world was left in total shock after it was revealed that Hughes was in a serious condition after being airlifted to a nearby hospital after colliding with an oncoming train in Illinois.

Although Hughes’ exact condition remains unknown at this time, some details were released by Marcia Martinez of The State Register-Journal saying Hughes had apparently driven to his truck onto the train track when one was passing, resulting in a collision with the passenger side."

Sounds like a suicide attempt, wonder if all the blows to the head got to him like NFL players.
10 days ago
10/4/14

Are you serious? It's been all over the UG since it happened. 

10 days ago
7/12/15

Man OP you come off like a dumbass and an asshole with that post. 

10 days ago
4/6/14

10 days ago
10/4/14
StankieEdgar -

This. Talking about suicide? Not cool, Granpa. Not cool. 

10 days ago
12/6/07
My God OP you sure are a scumbag. UG/OG worst of the worst
Edited: 10 days ago
9/7/04
ttt
10 days ago
3/17/17
A UG forum search on "Hughes" netted me 6 results right now...

Im shocked an older member is acting in such a shameful way with this disrespectful shit thread.

10 days ago
1/1/01
OP is an idiot
10 days ago
9/7/04
I'd say that OP gets the benefit of the doubt. I've never seen him post one asinine thread, to the best of my memory.
10 days ago
1/23/06
Hey hippie...BEAT IT
10 days ago
12/1/12
MMA Playwright - I'd say that OP gets the benefit of the doubt. I've never seen him post one asinine thread, to the best of my memory.

Unlike most of your posts...

10 days ago
2/15/06
MMA Playwright - I'd say that OP gets the benefit of the doubt. I've never seen him post one asinine thread, to the best of my memory.

You haven't seen his politics threads.
10 days ago
9/7/04
JuicedBeast - 
MMA Playwright - I'd say that OP gets the benefit of the doubt. I've never seen him post one asinine thread, to the best of my memory.

Unlike most of your posts...

I take issue with the word "most."
10 days ago
9/7/04
StrikingMMA - 
MMA Playwright - I'd say that OP gets the benefit of the doubt. I've never seen him post one asinine thread, to the best of my memory.

Indeed. I stay out of political discussions.
10 days ago
1/7/17
StrikingMMA -

Does he simply disagree with you? 

10 days ago
2/15/06
42091120969 - 
StrikingMMA -

Does he simply disagree with you? 

No. He's notorious for being run out of his own crazy threads.
10 days ago
8/6/13

Now you have. 

10 days ago
6/29/06
StankieEdgar - 

Why? The report said he was sitting on the train tracks and got hit by a train, it doesn't say he was trying to cross the train tracks and got hit, him sitting on the tracks implies that it was intentional.
10 days ago
9/7/04
OK, Granpa, I tried to defend you but you just doubled down. Lighten up on the speculation, you fart knocker.
10 days ago
10/30/03
Face palm
10 days ago
6/29/06
Archangel - My God OP you sure are a scumbag. UG/OG worst of the worst

You guys are overly sensitive. Get off the internet for a while, honestly. I was just making an observation. There are tons of NFL players that have done crazy things and ended up killing themselves because of the blows to the heads they've received. Hughes is an ex-fighter that fought vale tudo and in the most brutal era of MMA, is it too far fetched to think he's suffered similar brain trauma to NFL players and attempted suicide?
10 days ago
5/9/06

There hasn't been anything concrete posted other than it was an accident at a rr crossing

10 days ago
9/5/12
Nothing is confirm yet. But Op. Is making pretty serous assumptions.

Who knows.?
10 days ago
9/5/12
MMAFAN167 -
Nothing is confirm yet. But Op. Is making pretty serous assumptions.

Who knows.?
*Serious