5 days ago
12/29/09
Mic drop.
5 days ago
12/28/12

lol this is dumb

Edited: 5 days ago
12/29/09
Not as dumb as Meltzer being the accepted narrative on pro wrestling. What he wants wrestling to be is the opposite of what draws. This is why you have an internet full of people who think they know more about the business than Vince Russo.
5 days ago
2/29/16

Meltzer has always been a gossip columnist to me.

And he gives his opinions on matches.

That's all.

5 days ago
3/8/11
Mandible_Claw -

That's all.

Exactly

5 days ago
12/29/09
Mandible_Claw - 

That's all.

This is true. And there's nothing wrong with that. Al really hit the nail on the head with Brian Williams can report on a war, but that doesn't mean he get's to dictate how the war is fought. Which is what is happening now.
4 days ago
12/28/12

Uhh wrestling is a little easier to figure out than war or being a doctor. Carnies gonna carny. If Snow wants to see Hogan and Flair presented as credible sources maybe they should try being credible instead of racists or drunk womanizers? Meltzer is very presentable and has been at it a long time and that's why he is where he is.

4 days ago
10/3/16
False equivalence.

It's like saying movie critics can't say anything until they've made a movie.

Or people who criticize music have no clue what they're talking about until they've produced a studio album.
4 days ago
10/8/07
I see his point but you don't go to wrestlers for inside scoops on what is going to happen six months down the road, mainly because even if they knew they'd never tell you. If you want the gossip and the rumors Dave is the most credible guy to go to. Dave never claimed to be a wrestler but I'm willing to bet he knew more about the ins and outs of the buisness over the past three decades than Al did, by a mile.

Yes his opinions are just that, opinions, but to claim he's not an expert because he's never wrestled is silly. That's like a war veteran telling a civil war historian he's not an expert because he wasn't in the war, even though the historian knows waaaaaay the fuck more about the civil war than you do.
4 days ago
3/8/11

4 days ago
3/8/11

4 days ago
3/8/11

4 days ago
3/8/11

4 days ago
3/8/11

4 days ago
3/8/11

4 days ago
12/10/08

For somebody who has this many issues with Meltzer, you seem to make a thread a week about him.

4 days ago
12/29/09
MarcusAurelioFan - False equivalence.

It's like saying movie critics can't say anything until they've made a movie.

Or people who criticize music have no clue what they're talking about until they've produced a studio album.

The problem is his opinion becomes fake news essentially.

I've heard with my own ears blame TV and attendance on bad booking and low quality matches. He wants it booked like NJPW. No stories, no shenanigans, no fun stuff. The stuff that the rest of us like. You know when it was huge in the 80's-90's.

Buries a guy like Russo who wrote the best era of wrestling ever, and has all his fans parroting his assessment.

Problem is that's fake news. That's not why the fans went away. They didn't go away and start watching PWG. The fact that keeps flying over everyone's head kind of blows my mind.
Edited: 4 days ago
12/29/09
If Meltzer had his way, he wouldn't even be talking about WWE at all. But he can't do that, because they're still #1, and he isn't about to leave those customers money on the table is he?

So he'll watch it and whine about instead.
4 days ago
3/8/11
kingofpancakes80 - If Meltzer had his way, he wouldn't even be talking about WWE at all. But he can't do that, because they're still #1, and he isn't about to leave those customers money on the table is he?

So he'll watch it and whine about instead.

Yep

4 days ago
3/8/11

“I did it, and you wish you could’ve.”

Ole Anderson to Dave Meltzer 

16 hours ago
8/11/12
So by Al Snows own definition, he's never had a great match. Fuck outta here, Al Snow isn't about shit, never was and now he's an expert?
4 hours ago
8/11/12

Let's break this argument down. So, because I'm not a professional chef, I can't judge whether or not the dish Im eating is good? Get the fuck outta here. That doctor analogy doesn't work at all, because medical advice isn't generally a subjective thing. Al Snow is full of shit and I would love to debate him on this. The Big Mac is probably the highest selling burger of all time, does that make it the greatest hamburger ever?