Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Bayley not a draw to teenage girls

3 days ago
6/2/05
38% of teenage female fans turned off the main event on Monday.

Here is Meltzer talking about it on his show.

https://streamable.com/lu7f8
3 days ago
1/1/01

My 8 year old daughter LOVES BAYLEY.  

The first time she saw her, the inflatable tube men werent even out yet and she turned to me and said "shes my favourite"

3 days ago
1/1/01

I can see her being lame to teenagers though. 

2 days ago
7/5/11
I feel like she'd be a hit with pre teen girls but teen girls would like the more edgy "cool" girls like alexa bliss and Carmella... I honestly thought she'd be a female John Cena on the main roster but I don't think she's as over as I anticipated
2 days ago
3/8/04

My son loves her.  He's 4.  He also really likes Bobby Roode

2 days ago
3/30/06
Sasha is a better character for teens.

Bayley appeals to children, and that's fine, but having her in a main event, that should have been at Mania, that ends at 11pm on a school night is stupid.

That match should have been the main event of the first hour.
2 days ago
1/1/01

I would say she had an appeal to girl ups til about 13/14. Then she would be a turn off.

2 days ago
2/29/16
Teens love Nikki Bella.
2 days ago
8/14/12

Bailey is the female John cena I personally love her & think it be epic to get a hug from her 

2 days ago
6/26/16

I didn't know that teen girls was supposed to be her target audience. Pretty sure most her fans are grown men like Grizz and preteen girls ages 12 and under. My daughter is 12 and likes her

2 days ago
1/1/01
edward nigma -

Bailey is the female John cena I personally love her & think it be epic to get a hug from her 

Can confirm, it was epic
2 days ago
1/1/01
Faces of Fear -

I didn't know that teen girls was supposed to be her target audience. Pretty sure most her fans are grown men like Grizz and preteen girls ages 12 and under. My daughter is 12 and likes her

Bingo
Edited: 2 days ago
6/2/05
Yeah but the fact that they turned off in droves is pretty troubling. Never happened to anyone else on the women's roster. Don't think Vince isn't paying attention to it either.
2 days ago
12/27/06

I think it was bed time 

2 days ago
6/2/05
RUSRedDevil - 

I think it was bed time 

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/832453469038661632
2 days ago
2/29/16
Bayley is this generations Doink.

Acts like a little kid. Creeps me out.
Edited: 2 days ago
2/5/10

I can't get past bailey's butterface.  Only female wrestler that is good at wrestling and the mic is Charlotte. She is on another level in comparison to the rest of the female roster. Other women wrestlers are clueless on the mic or sound rehearsed / bad acting which ruins it

2 days ago
1/1/01
My daughter is also 12. When she first started watching NXT, she saw Bayley in a tag match. She commented "The black haired one is doing most of the work." When she saw Bayley against Nia Jaxx, my daughter said, "How nice of Nia to bump for Bayley 7 times." My daughter knew who was making that match watchable, and that is why she is a Bayley fan.

Problem is, not all kids are "smart marks" like mine. My son is a Cena fan, and made fun of Bayley for still being in NXT. My daughter remarked, "Yeah well at least Bayley knows more than 5 moves. Well 6, if you count this" (waves her hand in front of her face.)

But I could see how rebellious teenagers would prefer Charlotte or even Sasha over a "good girl" like Bayley.
1 day ago
8/2/05

To be fair she isnt aimed at teenage girls. Charlotte is probably a fave with the lads though. 

1 day ago
4/25/11
Philanderer - My daughter is also 12. When she first started watching NXT, she saw Bayley in a tag match. She commented "The black haired one is doing most of the work." When she saw Bayley against Nia Jaxx, my daughter said, "How nice of Nia to bump for Bayley 7 times." My daughter knew who was making that match watchable, and that is why she is a Bayley fan.

Problem is, not all kids are "smart marks" like mine. My son is a Cena fan, and made fun of Bayley for still being in NXT. My daughter remarked, "Yeah well at least Bayley knows more than 5 moves. Well 6, if you count this" (waves her hand in front of her face.)

But I could see how rebellious teenagers would prefer Charlotte or even Sasha over a "good girl" like Bayley.
Lol sounds like me when I was 12. Hated Cena with a passion.

Only ever ran into one other semi-smart pre-teen mark though.

I'm sure social media's made it much more commonplace
1 day ago
9/22/16
She's not a draw with straight men, either. Looks like she was born face-down in a frying pan.
1 day ago
5/20/12
AnthonyWeiner - She's not a draw with straight men, either. Looks like she was born face-down in a frying pan.
That may be true but she has a nice shitlocker
1 day ago
9/22/16
DiazTappedMeLuckyCharms - 
AnthonyWeiner - She's not a draw with straight men, either. Looks like she was born face-down in a frying pan.
That may be true but she has a nice shitlocker

Too bad she wears mom tights. There's nothing feminine or attractive about her. Have Emma come throw this dwarf off a balcony and send her back to NXT, where she can hug every retard in Florida.
1 day ago
2/4/11
Philanderer - My daughter is also 12. When she first started watching NXT, she saw Bayley in a tag match. She commented "The black haired one is doing most of the work." When she saw Bayley against Nia Jaxx, my daughter said, "How nice of Nia to bump for Bayley 7 times." My daughter knew who was making that match watchable, and that is why she is a Bayley fan.

You should be a very proud dad..! You got the son you always wanted in the smart mark.. aka daughter(whose really son#1).. and then you have son#2, the Cena fan..

Give her a self high five..
21 hours ago
1/1/01
NotForgetGayJesus - 

Lol sounds like me when I was 12. Hated Cena with a passion.

Only ever ran into one other semi-smart pre-teen mark though.

I'm sure social media's made it much more commonplace

She is influenced by the backstage stuff she reads about online. Example: she started to dislike Nikki because of her relationship with Cena.

Once we were watching Smackdown and she decides to chant "John Cena sucks, John Cena sucks" during Nikki's entrance just to piss off her brother. He threatened to sneak into her room while she was sleeping and give her the 5 Knuckle Shuffle. I threatened them both with chokeslams if they didn't knock it off.