Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Better Pro Wrestling Career Batista or Kane

11 days ago
2/4/12

Watching Armageddon made me think of this question....

Kane has had a significantly longer wrestling career, more titles (however less wwe/world HW titles), amazing intertwining narrative with the deadman, fanstastic adaptability and switch of characters from big red matchine to corporate Kane. Underrated mic work. Mitb. Also a bit of a jobber from time to time and lost a shit ton feuds.

Batista well and truly got the rocket shoved up his after a forgettable brief period as the Deacon lmao. His character / gimmick was never particularly great just a roided up cocky bastard. However he has multiple world title reigns, was a member of one of the best stables of all time, wrestlemania main eventer, royal rumble winner.

lttle things to think about who had better music, pyro or who had better finisher .

11 days ago
2/4/12

What say you PWG?

Edited: 11 days ago
3/22/13

Kane without a shadow of a doubt, world title wins mean shit. Just ask Roddy Piper and David Arquette. Kane has the better living story, Batista was just eye candy (For Vince anyway), whereas Kane has a legacy that will be brought up for yerars to come.

11 days ago
1/14/13

Kane is one of the most important wrestlers of the modern era. Not even close. 

11 days ago
3/8/11

Kane

11 days ago
12/1/05

Kane because of his longevity and importance to so many story lines. 

With that said, heel Batista was absolutely phenomenal. 

11 days ago
3/8/11

Belts don’t mean a god damn thing.  It’s not a real contest.  Kane has had more longevity as a character.  He was part of far more memorable moments than Batista.  And most importantly Kane has made and drew more money.  And it’s Glen Jacobs that deserves credit for that.  It was a hot gimmick since the debut, no question there, but I don’t think many guys could have made it work for as long as Jacobs has.  Same thing could be said about the Undertaker.  

11 days ago
10/3/16
I think Batista was more over than Kane ever was in the main event spot. However, Kane is one of the best tag team wrestlers of all time. X-Pac, RVD, Daniel Bryan and Kane got over huge as teams.
11 days ago
12/29/09
I missed Batista's whole career. Glenn Jacobs ftw.
11 days ago
10/8/07
Probably a unpopular opinion but I'm going with Batista. Kane was never properly used as a monster heel(or a monster face for that matter) but after year five of being misused it was hard to take him seriously when he would challenge for a major belt.

Then to add injury to insult they took his mask off. Then he had a mask made of fruit roll ups. Then he had the predator helmet. Then they took his mask off again and made him wrestle in dress pants. Then there was the horrendus Katie Vick angle. And then they stuck him in couples therapy.

Thats not a knock on Glen he's an excellent wrestler for a big guy, very smart, unheard of longevity for a wrestler his size....but the Kane character was shit basically the entire time. And what makes it worse is that his biggest push is coming when he's 50+ and a part timer.
11 days ago
12/29/09
He did have some atrocious masks.
11 days ago
10/3/16
The Destroyer88 - Probably a unpopular opinion but I'm going with Batista. Kane was never properly used as a monster heel(or a monster face for that matter) but after year five of being misused it was hard to take him seriously when he would challenge for a major belt.

Then to add injury to insult they took his mask off. Then he had a mask made of fruit roll ups. Then he had the predator helmet. Then they took his mask off again and made him wrestle in dress pants. Then there was the horrendus Katie Vick angle. And then they stuck him in couples therapy.

Thats not a knock on Glen he's an excellent wrestler for a big guy, very smart, unheard of longevity for a wrestler his size....but the Kane character was shit basically the entire time. And what makes it worse is that his biggest push is coming when he's 50+ and a part timer.
Triple H buried Kane in their shitty feud.
11 days ago
10/8/07
Also the "titles don't matter" argument is weak. We're comparing careers which include accomplishments. Otherwise if we ignored titles I could make the case that Mr. Perfect had a better career than Hulk Hogan based on his wrestling ability, the average quality of match he had, and the charisma factor. That's like asking who had the better acting career, but you can't bring up any awards they won that were based on their performance.
11 days ago
9/22/16
The Destroyer88 - Also the "titles don't matter" argument is weak. We're comparing careers which include accomplishments. Otherwise if we ignored titles I could make the case that Mr. Perfect had a better career than Hulk Hogan based on his wrestling ability, the average quality of match he had, and the charisma factor. That's like asking who had the better acting career, but you can't bring up any awards they won that were based on their performance.

"You can't bring up any awards they won that were based on their performance."

Actually, you can, when the results are PREDETERMINED.

Batista main eventing WM or winning the Rumble aren't that spectacular, especially when it's because Vince was masturbating to pictures of Batista in skinny jeans. And I liked Batista, for a giant stiff. When we consider that Batista got that insane push because Orton failed with the same push, and they needed someone, ANYONE, to headline opposite Cena.

Kane has had two decades of excellence, with or without the belt, and has gotten over in multiple scenarios. His career is far superior.
11 days ago
11/11/11
There is an argument for either guy. Kane was sort of a spectacle for a lot of his career and as mentioned by a previous poster for a lot of years hes just there and he's busy doing forgettable things. Batista had bigger accomplisments but I think Kane will be remembered far more by the wwe fans and company.

Wasnt evolution stupid? Honest question since I stopped watching when it first formed
11 days ago
9/22/16
TheBearStare - There is an argument for either guy. Kane was sort of a spectacle for a lot of his career and as mentioned by a previous poster for a lot of years hes just there and he's busy doing forgettable things. Batista had bigger accomplisments but I think Kane will be remembered far more by the wwe fans and company.

Wasnt evolution stupid? Honest question since I stopped watching when it first formed

I thought it was "just another stable". I felt the same way about NEXUS, though, so I don't know if my opinion means anything.
10 days ago
10/8/07
I liked Evolution because it showcased the past(Flair), the present(Batista), and the future(Orton) which I can't remember another stable doing that successfully besides a group like Nation of Domination with Simmons being the past and Rock being the future.

But HHH was on a huge power trip during those years so anything he touched from like 2003 to 2008 was hot garbage.
10 days ago
8/2/05

Wrestling-Kane

Acting- Batista

10 days ago
3/8/11
The Destroyer88 - Also the "titles don't matter" argument is weak. We're comparing careers which include accomplishments. Otherwise if we ignored titles I could make the case that Mr. Perfect had a better career than Hulk Hogan based on his wrestling ability, the average quality of match he had, and the charisma factor. That's like asking who had the better acting career, but you can't bring up any awards they won that were based on their performance.

Jack Swagger was world champion so clearly he was better than Henning ever was.  Plus they both wore.  That way you know their very technical workers.  Derp.  

10 days ago
3/8/11

Both wore singlets*

10 days ago
2/4/12
The Destroyer88 - Also the "titles don't matter" argument is weak. We're comparing careers which include accomplishments. Otherwise if we ignored titles I could make the case that Mr. Perfect had a better career than Hulk Hogan based on his wrestling ability, the average quality of match he had, and the charisma factor. That's like asking who had the better acting career, but you can't bring up any awards they won that were based on their performance.

Titles matter a fucking lot. Period.

10 days ago
3/8/11

At this rate more people recognize Batista from the GOG movies, than from WWE.  Kane is far and away higher on the list.

10 days ago
3/8/11
Shadow Sniper -

It’s fake, as in not a real contest.  

10 days ago
2/4/12
Don Brodka -
Shadow Sniper -

It’s fake, as in not a real contest.  

It's not everything but it is still a big measuring stick son. It's what separates the jobbers, mid card and the cream. Feuds are important, in ring work and mic work. Titles are used to measure success in wrestling no doubt. You get one because the brass think you are up to it same as say a promotion at work etc.

no need to reference piper and perfect pretty irrelevant when looking at Batista and Kane. Hogan just dominated the world title period we all know  that. Perfect was very unfortunate he just obviously didn't take Vince's liking as world champ.

10 days ago
11/29/12
Kane. He wins with his debut alone.