Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Brock headed back to UFC after mania

12 days ago
6/2/05
That's the rumor going around
12 days ago
11/11/11

His contract almost over and hes positioning for more money?

11 days ago
10/3/16
TheBearStare -

This guy knows. 

11 days ago
3/2/11
MarcusAurelioFan -
TheBearStare -

This guy knows. 

11 days ago
1/1/01
TheBearStare - 

bingo
11 days ago
1/1/01

there is zero chance he goes back to the UFC he is too old and far removed from the sport at this point and would only embarrass himself and hurt his brand.  He is gonna use them to have Vince back the truck up for him again

11 days ago
1/10/18
Tommy Gunnz -

there is zero chance he goes back to the UFC he is too old and far removed from the sport at this point and would only embarrass himself and hurt his brand.  He is gonna use them to have Vince back the truck up for him again

Yeah, he really embarrassed himself at UFC 200...

11 days ago
4/17/17

Is he in testing pool? 

11 days ago
3/2/11
toughballs2 -

Is he in testing pool? 

They let him skip that queue for the most part last time didn't they?

11 days ago
6/2/05
MarcusAurelioFan - 
TheBearStare -

This guy knows. 

That could very well be the case. Others close to the situation are saying it's much more than that.
11 days ago
1/1/01

Doesn’t he have some more USADA time to serve?

9 days ago
11/20/10

Wish he would. The UFC is in dire need of star power atm. 

8 days ago
12/6/10

I can’t even think of an "easy" opponent for his return bout. Anyone in the current heavyweight division would mop the floor with that old man

8 days ago
11/11/11

Same situation as last Time could happen assuming his test fail isnt still an issue. He is talking to ufc purely for leverage with wwe salary negotiations. However ufc definitely needs stars right now. If they surprisingly offer him enough money he will take the fight. Thats how the hunt fight happened. I thought Brock was suspended for years though

7 days ago
11/20/10
Gino_Corona -

I can’t even think of an "easy" opponent for his return bout. Anyone in the current heavyweight division would mop the floor with that old man

Hunt? 

7 days ago
1/1/01
TheBearStare - 

Same situation as last Time could happen assuming his test fail isnt still an issue. He is talking to ufc purely for leverage with wwe salary negotiations. However ufc definitely needs stars right now. If they surprisingly offer him enough money he will take the fight. Thats how the hunt fight happened. I thought Brock was suspended for years though

His suspension was a one year suspension and he was eligible to return last summer.

As I recall, since he's coming back from retirement, he has to have several months of USADA testing before he can fight, but other than that, he should be able to complete.
7 days ago
3/7/05
Brock vs Punk, I would pay to see that.
7 days ago
11/6/06

He would have to stay clean first 

4 days ago
3/14/11
Gino_Corona -

No fight for any person at that weight or level is easy per say, but I could see him beating Blaydes, tybura, and call me crazy but even ngannou. He may act like a wild raccoon with Tourette’s when he gets hit but Brock can take a punch, and I would venture to say his wrestling is on par with stipe and see how he controlled ngannou. Def some winnable fights there. 

4 days ago
12/29/09
Brock vs. Ngannou works for me. Let's do it.
3 days ago
1/8/04
The Beast Incarnate beats The Black Beast.
2 days ago
10/8/07

From what I'm hearing, higher ups in the company don't think Brock is worth the money he's been given to show up 20 times a year.

Which makes sense. Even when he shows up he doesn't ever attempt to work an actual match, which has been the case since he originally returned. I've always wondered how or if they even do make all that money they pay him back without ppvs and i mean the network is doing good but not THAT good. House show attendances have been down, Vince is looking for a way out of the buisness entirely. They can't be doing good financially when guys like Taker, HHH, Cena, and Lesnar are your highest paid guys but rarely show up anymore. And then Roman, Dean, and Seth all make $1mil+, Dolph just got a huge contract to basically not leave. I'm going to assume that they'll throw a truckload of cash at DB just so he doesn't go to NJPW/ROH when his contract is up. I'm also positive Ronda got paid amazing for signing a multi year deal. Shit I'm sure girls like Alexa and Charlotte are getting paid good too.

Eventually they will need to cut back on some of these contracts. Either 20-30 workers get cut like what usually happens every year or dump some of these dumb part time contracts and move on. It's looking very likely that the WWE will be moving on from Brock once his contract is up.

2 days ago
6/2/05
The Destroyer88 - 

From what I'm hearing, higher ups in the company don't think Brock is worth the money he's been given to show up 20 times a year.

Which makes sense. Even when he shows up he doesn't ever attempt to work an actual match, which has been the case since he originally returned. I've always wondered how or if they even do make all that money they pay him back without ppvs and i mean the network is doing good but not THAT good. House show attendances have been down, Vince is looking for a way out of the buisness entirely. They can't be doing good financially when guys like Taker, HHH, Cena, and Lesnar are your highest paid guys but rarely show up anymore. And then Roman, Dean, and Seth all make $1mil+, Dolph just got a huge contract to basically not leave. I'm going to assume that they'll throw a truckload of cash at DB just so he doesn't go to NJPW/ROH when his contract is up. I'm also positive Ronda got paid amazing for signing a multi year deal. Shit I'm sure girls like Alexa and Charlotte are getting paid good too.

Eventually they will need to cut back on some of these contracts. Either 20-30 workers get cut like what usually happens every year or dump some of these dumb part time contracts and move on. It's looking very likely that the WWE will be moving on from Brock once his contract is up.

Financially they just had their best year in 2017
2 days ago
10/8/07
Marlo Sansfield -
The Destroyer88 - 

Dana White said the same thing about the UFC while having historically low TUF era ppv buys for 2017. Weird......

2 days ago
6/2/05
The Destroyer88 - 
Marlo Sansfield -
The Destroyer88 - 

Dana White said the same thing about the UFC while having historically low TUF era ppv buys for 2017. Weird......

Conor and Floyd doing the business it did probably makes that true. Both companies did do a lot of cost cutting but WWE is doing great financially and are about to get a gigantic TV deal.