Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Kenny Omega Long Term Future WIth NJPW & ROH

11 days ago
12/1/11

Last year people within New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) were legitimately worried that IWGP United States Champion Kenny Omega would consider leaving for WWE, however, this year that doesn’t seem to be a concern in the slightest. Omega’s current deal with NJPW is set to expire on January 31, 2018, and according to a report from Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there’s little to no talk of him leaving the company.

Omega’s next deal with NJPW is expected to see him get a considerable pay raise in addition to more authority when it comes to angles he’s involved in. People are so confident that Omega will be retained by NJPW that he’s already being booked for shows past his current deal with the promotion. Ring Of Honor (ROH) currently has Omega advertised for their Supercard of Honor on April 7th – an event Omega is expected to headline.

NJPW is planning to make Omega an integral part of their 2018 plans, and “The Cleaner” seems very confident he’ll be staying in Japan as well. He recently told Tokyo Sports, “I’m staying in New Japan 100 percent. This is where wrestlers can be themselves and fight for themselves. I want to show how great a place it is.”

11 days ago
11/11/11
Personally I hope he stays in Japan longer but ultimately I hope he does whatever makes more sense to him
11 days ago
11/11/11
He will become irrelevant if he comes to the e. Though for Japan he is a huge fn asset for breaking into the West. New Western fans think he is carrying njpw all by himself
11 days ago
10/8/07
If he came to the wwe the best he'd do is be a multiple time cruiserweight champion. I'd be willing to bet everything I own on that statement being true.

Not saying he isn't great but some guys have no chance in the wwe. It was common belief that Aries after his great run in TNA would come to the WWE and at the very least win the ic title. Im not even sure what happened there other than AA being a 205 live commentator and having maybe a handful of matches on the main roster before dipping out. Bobby Roode is in a similar situation on smackdown where you wouldn't be surprised if he was gone in six months.
10 days ago
1/1/01
I think his next New Japan contract will be a two year deal (so January 2018 through to January 2020). He seems so happy right now.

And I know two years doesn't sound like much, but it is for New Japan.
10 days ago
6/2/05
The Destroyer88 - If he came to the wwe the best he'd do is be a multiple time cruiserweight champion. I'd be willing to bet everything I own on that statement being true.

Not saying he isn't great but some guys have no chance in the wwe. It was common belief that Aries after his great run in TNA would come to the WWE and at the very least win the ic title. Im not even sure what happened there other than AA being a 205 live commentator and having maybe a handful of matches on the main roster before dipping out. Bobby Roode is in a similar situation on smackdown where you wouldn't be surprised if he was gone in six months.

I think he'd be something similar to AJ Styles but he wouldn't be put in the same class as guys like Roman, Brock, Braun, Cena, etc.
10 days ago
10/8/07
AJ had a massive following from all across the world when he came to the WWE. Does Kenny have that same following outside of Japan and ROH fans? Like when I was still in high school I had a small group of friends who liked WWE and nothing else but even they knew AJ from "that other company". Are there kids in school today talking wwe and bringing up Kenny Omega? I doubt it. So I can't see Kenny coming over and having even half the success AJ has had.
10 days ago
10/3/16
Vince will sign him eventually. He loves what he can't have. It's a game to him.
10 days ago
8/15/11
The Destroyer88 - AJ had a massive following from all across the world when he came to the WWE. Does Kenny have that same following outside of Japan and ROH fans? Like when I was still in high school I had a small group of friends who liked WWE and nothing else but even they knew AJ from "that other company". Are there kids in school today talking wwe and bringing up Kenny Omega? I doubt it. So I can't see Kenny coming over and having even half the success AJ has had.

I really think the match with Jericho will start building that following if he doesn’t already have it.

10 days ago
7/12/14

Kenny and the Bucks will grow their name until Vince has to cave to their demands.

why rock the boat? They make a great living with full creative control, a better schedule and they are why crowds pack the arenas. I'd imagine having Cody around is great for them to understand the inner workings of wwe.

Id be confident to wager that they will never sign with wwe.

10 days ago
12/29/09
I can't believe I'm saying this, but he shouldn't sign with WWE. He's making comparable(maybe more?) money. Less travel. Creative control, working with his buddies.

Plus he's the King of Kings to smarks, and that's the most important thing, right?

Personally I would like him to come over though. The Bucks especially. I hated them the first couple times I watched them, but they are pretty funny/fun.
10 days ago
7/14/11
The Destroyer88 - AJ had a massive following from all across the world when he came to the WWE. Does Kenny have that same following outside of Japan and ROH fans? Like when I was still in high school I had a small group of friends who liked WWE and nothing else but even they knew AJ from "that other company". Are there kids in school today talking wwe and bringing up Kenny Omega? I doubt it. So I can't see Kenny coming over and having even half the success AJ has had.
Yes kenny does the hot topic deal alone proves it. I was at a hot topic and got a Kenny BC shirt and the guy at the counter even said they can't keep the BC shirts in stock. Hell just watch the people in the crowd at raw
10 days ago
1/1/01

It’s funny how the BC and Jimmy Jacobs have made the WWE look stupid recently. 

10 days ago
3/10/03
Kenny will never sign with the WWE. Marty Scrull and the Young Bucks will. Before 2020.
10 days ago
2/4/12

You Can never be considered the top wrestler in the world or a true true great till you prove yourself in New York and to that huge massive Usa, uk and international viewership. DI knows.

10 days ago
2/4/12
Sincognito - Kenny will never sign with the WWE. Marty Scrull and the Young Bucks will. Before 2020.

Hmmm I believe kenny certainly would if the other 3 did.

If he stays another two years, i fear kenny's body will give out after all these years in Japan

10 days ago
11/11/11
Selfishly, I want omega to stay in Japan for a number of years and then go to the wwe when he is ready to rest on his laurels and earn a paycheck like nakamura.
10 days ago
12/29/09
How about this, If HHH took over WWE tomorrow, would you want Omega to come over sooner? Or does that matter?
9 days ago
11/11/11
Total guesswork obviously but I could totally believe hhh and omega not clicking.
9 days ago
3/10/03
TheBearStare - Total guesswork obviously but I could totally believe hhh and omega not clicking.
They're actually good friends. HHH has even told Kenny he could name his price and he'd personally back the truck up into his driveway
9 days ago
2/4/12
Sincognito -
TheBearStare - Total guesswork obviously but I could totally believe hhh and omega not clicking.
They're actually good friends. HHH has even told Kenny he could name his price and he'd personally back the truck up into his driveway

Sauce?