Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Matt Hardy’s WWE Creative Freedom

9 days ago
12/1/11

Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated reports that Vince McMahon is a big proponent of Matt Hardy’s “Woken” character, which made its debut this past Monday on RAW. It was noted by one source who told Barrasso that McMahon is such a believer in Hardy’s passion for the character that Hardy will be allowed a creative license over it, with McMahon seeing opportunity in the already established character.

It should be noted that the WWE Chairman does not view Hardy as a top star.

Ed Nordholm, President of Anthem Wrestling which owns Impact Wrestling, still controls the rights to the “Broken Universe” which Matt created despite the fact that the Hardys believe they have ownership of it.

There’s still a chance that Hardy will eventually work out a deal with Anthem for the rights to the “Broken” character, though the two sides are not currently talking. It was also noted that Jeff Jarrett viewed Matt Hardy as more of a background act during their time with Impact, and felt Jeff Hardy was the real star of the Hardys.

With all of that said, it was noted that those factors are motivating Matt to prove that he can be a top star at the WWE level.

9 days ago
3/8/11

9 days ago
1/1/01

I'll believe it when I see it.

9 days ago
10/20/07
Was curious on a bit of Matt Hardy...

And just found out that Nero is actually Jeff's real middle name. At least there will be no problem with him being called brother Nero.

I know I'm way late but assumed their was a different story to the Nero name
Edited: 9 days ago
3/2/11
Festus - Was curious on a bit of Matt Hardy...

And just found out that Nero is actually Jeff's real middle name. At least there will be no problem with him being called brother Nero.

I know I'm way late but assumed their was a different story to the Nero name

No his family just seems really fuckin weird enough to give him that middle name

Edited: 9 days ago
3/2/11
RKing85 -

I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah, this is nice to read but it still remains to be seen how he reacts when most of the crowd have Hardy signs and cheer for him or slogans from his skits during other matches, mainly main events that fall flat with you know who...

I can see groups of fans screaming delete during bad matches when this takes off again. The one thing that is different in this, Vince knows already it's a merch bonanza like New Day, he's essentially a solo new day.

9 days ago
12/29/09
Eventually something has to give, and they need to start giving the fans something they're want. Not just here with Broken Matt, but it's a start.

I don't mean give them everything they want, but something. TV and attendance are in the tank. Network subs can't be going through the roof like they want.

They're still # 1, but they have a bunch of frustrated fans, that are doing nothing but talking shit and borderline boycotting..

They are holding themselves back financially and that doesn't seem to make much sense.
9 days ago
3/7/05
If this is true and VKM is on board it could be fun. Highly unusual for Vince to buy into something that was not his to begin with.
9 days ago
8/6/06
Fuck, Matt can barely walk. Of course he's not a top star.
8 days ago
8/2/05

Matt Hardy right now has the brass ring hung over him. Its really high up but if ever he had another shot at glory (after the Edge and Lita angle) it is now. 

8 days ago
1/8/04
I'm really pulling for Matt to become World Champ. He started in WWE over 20 years ago. If anybody planned their whole life around wrestling, it's Matt.
8 days ago
4/22/07
Matt is all wobbly now, but I have always liked him better than Jeff.
8 days ago
8/14/12

Delete 

7 days ago
6/22/07
I think he could have a good run as a manager and then still be able to walk for the rest of his life. Seeing him in the ring is sad; he isn't embarrassing but is clearly in a lot of pain.