Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Rumor: Neville has quit the WWE

12 days ago
4/30/07
This is from Pro Wrestling Sheet

There’s a rumor going around stating Neville requested his release from WWE last night … and while we haven’t been able to confirm it quite yet, here’s what we know.

Sources say Neville was initially scheduled to lose to Enzo Amore in the main event lumberjack match on Raw. However, plans changed after the ex-cruiserweight champion walked out before the show.

In case you missed it, Kalisto was given the spot instead and won the Cruiserweight title.

While our sources haven’t been able to confirm this information officially, an account using the handle @WrestleVotes tweeted today saying Neville quit and most people we’ve spoken with say there does appear to be some truth in that claim.

It’s worth noting that not all wrestlers who ask for a release are immediately granted their request.
12 days ago
10/8/07

He was pretty much the only reason to even bring back the cruiserweight division so this sucks if true. In all honesty the guy was talented enough to go for the IC or US title if he didn't get stuck in the whose who of jobbers division.

12 days ago
11/6/06
Wait so Neville was to lose to enzo but quit then they allowed kalisto to win it??? Either they A) fast forwarded kalistos push which I'm fine with or B) intend to have enzo win it back at a ppv which I'm not fine with.

But this is the second big name of the cruiserweight division gone in a short people. Me thinks Vince doesn't like them lol
12 days ago
12/6/10

Very unfortunate as I thought he was starting to come into his own as a heel character and I always looked forward to reading his hilarious Tweets. The Cruiserweight division definitely lost a pillar if true.

12 days ago
9/22/16
Gino_Corona - 

Very unfortunate as I thought he was starting to come into his own as a heel character and I always looked forward to reading his hilarious Tweets. The Cruiserweight division definitely lost a pillar if true.

Fuck the cruiserweights. Raw lost one of the few pure heels in the WWE. Dude was awesome, size be damned.
12 days ago
1/1/01
it did seem rushed that Kalisto won the title last night. Something did feel odd about it. I'll wait til I hear something more official on this, but it would explain the weirdness of the title change last night.
12 days ago
3/2/11

He shit on that shirt, we assumed it was kayfabe...

12 days ago
12/6/10

He’s a little bitch if he’s mad someone with mic skills made him and the rest of the division relevant and was rewarded for it.

charisma > in ring ability 

12 days ago
3/8/11

They finally cracked him

12 days ago
8/2/05

Gentleman Rudeboy deserves respect. He was an awesome NXT champ and Cruiserweight heel and should be moving up the ranks not down. Probably being punished for the t shirt dig. Vince is that petty

12 days ago
9/22/16
It's too bad Rusev is paid too well to walk, too.
12 days ago
12/10/08
AnthonyWeiner - It's too bad Rusev is paid too well to walk, too.

Yep but Rusev is still high enough on the card that one day the light may go off and they’ll give him a big push. But there are plenty of talented guys on the rosters whose fates are set at low mid card and below, they can accept that and are fine making the most in the business doing that. But there are others who know that they are better than their spot and will take a chance on themselves especially now with the business outside of the FED where if you want to hustle and work you can make good money and have your name and value increase. 

Cody took a chance on himself and isn’t exactly having blow away matches, but him working everywhere and it being clear he doesn’t see being on the indies as a demotion(he basically started in developmental) Whenever he does decide to go back to the FED he has proof of is value.

There are also bad cases like Curt Hawkins(Brian Meyers) who took the same chance and basically flopped on the indies. I’m not going to pretend to know what he made between opening up a school and working for the most part B and C level indies. But he definitely makes more now that he went back just to be a jobber and now he accepts and knows this where he can make the most and they’ll prob still let him keep his school. Seth has opened a school while being on the main roster, but he clearly is slightly higher on the card than Hawkins.

12 days ago
1/1/01

Seth held the title for almost a year, what the fuck does he want?  I'm all for him getting in the conversation of World & IC titles since he is so good but he has been booked as a monster during this run

12 days ago
1/1/01

^Neville not Seth

12 days ago
3/7/05
Neville would be a great fit in Lucha Underground
12 days ago
12/20/10
A feud with Finn Balor would be a great start for him. Immediately put him in contention with Jason Jordan for the IC title after Miz drops it in order to move into Universal Title contention.
11 days ago
8/14/12

Sucks if he leaves Neville,Gallagher,Enzo,Kendrick are the only 205 guys with a  personality 

11 days ago
1/1/01
edward nigma - 

Sucks if he leaves Neville,Gallagher,Enzo,Kendrick are the only 205 guys with a  personality 

Swann....
11 days ago
12/14/00
BigWilliam - Neville would be a great fit in Lucha Underground

THIS - I hope he at least does a stint there.
11 days ago
1/1/01

Neville could do really well in ROH and/or NJPW. 

11 days ago
9/22/16
BiggGunn - 
edward nigma - 

Swann....

Swann is like Balor's gay adopted brother. Where they're both gay. And their adoptive parents are gay.
11 days ago
1/1/01

Short term at least, Neville will do VERY well for himself on the indy scene.

11 days ago
3/28/10

He's been great. 

11 days ago
2/23/14
AnthonyWeiner -
BiggGunn - 
edward nigma - 

Swann....

Swann is like Balor's gay adopted brother. Where they're both gay. And their adoptive parents are gay.
okay...but what does that have to do with personality?
11 days ago
9/22/16
iTookAbiggerHbombThanNagasaki - 
AnthonyWeiner -
BiggGunn - 
edward nigma - 

Swann....

okay...but what does that have to do with personality?

I love a dude who's persona is "gay backup dancer." He can be the biggest star with this persona since Tupac Shakur. Go head, Rich!