Art Vandelay's Pro Wrestling Ground Rumors OF WWE Calling Up Velveteen Dream

4/14/18 12:58 PM
12/1/11

Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there has been some talk of the WWE calling up The Velveteen Dream from NXT to the main roster. The longtime pro wrestling journalist wrote the following:

”This may not happen, but the name that has been mentioned to me by a few people that they are debating bringing up imminently is Velveteen Dream.”

4/14/18 2:15 PM
1/1/01

His in ring will be exposed so so fast if he gets called up.

4/14/18 4:07 PM
2/4/12
RKing85 -

You what? Him versus black was incredible and dream versus bate 

4/14/18 4:32 PM
12/1/11

Him sticking around NXT to continued his grooming is gonna be better for everyone he is still young at 22 let him grow in NXT at the earliest he should be called up is either after Summerslam or Survivor Series but I’m fine not coming up until after Mania next year.

4/14/18 5:22 PM
1/1/01
Shadow Sniper -
RKing85 -

What is Dream’s best match where he was the better worker? I’ll wait.

Black was responsible for 90% of that match. And Ohno could only get an average match out of him. Kassius Ohno!!! Ohno could carry me to a 3 star match.

4/14/18 6:38 PM
2/4/12
RKing85 -
Shadow Sniper -
RKing85 -

Black was responsible for 90% of that match. And Ohno could only get an average match out of him. Kassius Ohno!!! Ohno could carry me to a 3 star match.

Ohno is average these days my man. I agreee black and bate are the better workers but you can't dispute Velveteen was fantastic in those two matches and the 5 star ladder match.

Dream also has great psychology, he made the feud with black fantastic, especially the special attire. Dude could easily do a good job on main roster but he could win some nxt gold first.

4/14/18 7:42 PM
11/11/11

Groom him in nxt for at least two to 3 years and let him grow into main event role for nxt so he has that experience under his belt. He has major potential and he is very young.

4/14/18 7:46 PM
3/8/11

Dude is money.  Fuck workrate, he’ll learn on the fly.  He’ll get over.

4/14/18 7:49 PM
2/4/12
Don Brodka -

Dude is money.  Fuck workrate, he’ll learn on the fly.  He’ll get over.

Too right bro couldn't agree more he's fantastic.

cant believe in 2018, anyone can consider ohno better than dream.....

4/14/18 8:43 PM
12/6/10

He’s already more exciting to watch than 3/4 of the current main roster so why not?

4/14/18 11:35 PM
11/11/11
Gino_Corona -

He’s already more exciting to watch than 3/4 of the current main roster so why not?

Cause theres something to be said for allowing a talent to learn their craft instead of hot shotting them. When a talent is allowed to learn their craft it leads to more consistent long term results

4/14/18 11:55 PM
5/13/05

Is he going to be Finn's LGBT partner?

4/15/18 3:56 AM
3/10/03

Fuck, he's entertaining.  He had his gimmick down solid.  He and Cole really shined in the ladder match.  Well, everyone did, I guess.

Ohno is garbage though.

Dream also had a really good match with Gargano...but haters keep punting to the Ohno match, but it's not Dreams fault he's a fat fuck.

4/15/18 5:06 AM
3/8/11
TheBearStare -
Gino_Corona -

Cause theres something to be said for allowing a talent to learn their craft instead of hot shotting them. When a talent is allowed to learn their craft it leads to more consistent long term results

Dream has learned his “craft”.  2 months on RAW and he’ll be as over as Elias.  The vast majority of wrestling fans don’t give two shits about the actual matches.  

4/15/18 5:13 PM
1/1/01
Shadow Sniper - 
RKing85 -
Shadow Sniper -
RKing85 -

Ohno is average these days my man. I agreee black and bate are the better workers but you can't dispute Velveteen was fantastic in those two matches and the 5 star ladder match.

Dream also has great psychology, he made the feud with black fantastic, especially the special attire. Dude could easily do a good job on main roster but he could win some nxt gold first.

Ohno is average these days???? Fuck right off. WWE restrictions is the only reason he's not one of the 20 best in ring workers in the world right now.

Hero is 37 years old and in NXT. They didn't bring him back cause he's going to be main eventing WrestleMania in 10 years. They brought him in so he can teach the young guys and give them ring time with an experienced worker. Why did they do that??? cause he's one of the best in ring workers in the world.
4/15/18 5:15 PM
1/1/01
I don't hate Dream. He is improving. But he is only 22 years old. Keep him in NXT for another 2-3 years so he can go from "holding his own in a match with a better worker" to "being the better worker and doing 4 star matches".

Until he's dead, it's Vince McMahon's WWE. A couple weak performances from a NXT call-up and they can be buried for the next 3 years.
4/15/18 8:27 PM
8/15/11

I’d say give him a year. As many strides as he’s made in the past year, he can make a million more in another year.

That’d put him on the main roster at 24. Which still isn’t shabby at all.

4/15/18 10:55 PM
1/1/01

Of course it’s possible he improves more/faster on the main roster than he did in NXT.

Bliss improved more in her first 6 months on the main roster than she dis the previous two years in NXT.

4/15/18 11:51 PM
8/15/11
RKing85 -

Of course it’s possible he improves more/faster on the main roster than he did in NXT.

Bliss improved more in her first 6 months on the main roster than she dis the previous two years in NXT.

That’s fair. She’s been killing it on the main roster. And she’s not much older than he is.

4/16/18 2:51 AM
9/13/16

dream is nothing special. it seems like he is overly supported for PC reasons.

4/16/18 4:59 AM
3/8/11
slap machine -

If anything the PC crowd will be pissed off.  You realize that the Velveteen Dream is an over the top homosexual stereotype.  He is special, but you’re probably only interested in “match quality”, what ever the fuck that means nowadays.

4/16/18 6:50 AM
3/10/03

Velveteen Dream for sure has that "it" factor.  Big, athletic, his mannerisms and acting is on point.  I think he should stay in NXT and really, REALLY develop on the Mic when he's talking to "reporters".  

But if Vince gives him a chance, he'll be special.

4/16/18 11:04 AM
11/6/06

Let him run with the nxt title for a bit first

4/16/18 1:21 PM
3/8/11
LittleKang -

Let him run with the nxt title for a bit first

Nah.  He’s too good for NXT.  Let all the indie all stars fight for that belt.  Dream is going on to bigger and better things.

4/16/18 5:48 PM
9/13/16
Don Brodka -
slap machine -

If anything the PC crowd will be pissed off.  You realize that the Velveteen Dream is an over the top homosexual stereotype.  He is special, but you’re probably only interested in “match quality”, what ever the fuck that means nowadays.

what year do you think it is? 1997? even back then they had goldust, and he was much more entertaining.