BJJGround Best jiu jitsu magazine?

7 days ago
1/1/01
Need to get the kids a few more things for Christmas. They want a magazine to read. Any suggestions?
7 days ago
3/15/15
I personally like the British Jiu-jitsu Style magazine. Cleaner looking and some good articles. I find Jiu-Jitsu magazine a bit like Men's Fitness. But I think either will do. Not sure of how many magazines on the market.
7 days ago
1/13/06
HotSteppa - I personally like the British Jiu-jitsu Style magazine. Cleaner looking and some good articles. I find Jiu-Jitsu magazine a bit like Men's Fitness. But I think either will do. Not sure of how many magazines on the market.

jiu jitsu style has unfortunately come to an end

6 days ago
5/15/09

Seems like it is really, really, really hard to keep print publications going.

For what it's worth, I'm going to make a print zine that compiles the upcoming interviews/articles from my website www.sinkswimjiujitsu.com and distribute it for free. I'm hoping to have it done by Pan Ams, and pass it out at the rest of the majors.

Edited: 6 days ago
1/1/01

I will flip through Jiujitsu Magazine or whatever in the supermarket as I stand there usually in gi pants after class, but there is usually not much in there that appeals to me, nothing that is not basically filler.

It's very "surface" & about selling products  --which, to be fair-- is what pretty much all magazine are about.

But I never think, "Oh, I need to get this --what an amazing article!"

I feel like they have artifically created this bullsh!t "Jits Lyfestyle" thing and it just really doesn't resonate with me.It should, but it just doesn't.

6 days ago
12/24/10
shen -

I will flip through Jiujitsu Magazine or whatever in the supermarket as I stand there usually in gi pants after class, but there is usually not much in there that appeals to me, nothing that is not basically filler.

It's very "surface" & about selling products  --which, to be fair-- is what pretty much all magazine are about.

I feel like they have artifically created this bullsh!t "Jits Lyfestyle" thing and it just really doesn't resonate with me.It should, but it just doesn't.

How are you ever going to be able to hang with Buchecha if you don't know what type of pre workout he endorses though?

6 days ago
3/15/15
shen - 

I agree fully. I'll flip through it but I am not going to spend half m life figuring descriptions and pictures to do moves. Videos have replaced them. As I mentioned, it feels like a Men's Fitness vibe - basic stuff, repetition, and obviously product centered.
6 days ago
3/15/15
On a side note, does nayone know what happened to BJJ Legends magazine? Did it too, fold? I loved it and the DVD that came with it.