Revgear League BJJGround Bottom side control instructionals?

12 days ago
10/16/14

Any good ones?

DVDs, YouTube? No VHS until the RedLetterMedia guys get around to fixing my VCR.

Thanks

11 days ago
5/15/03

Adem Redzovic. One of the best out there. 

11 days ago
10/15/06

11 days ago
10/15/06

Edited: 11 days ago
11/10/05

Edited: 11 days ago
11/10/05

sorry but the last vid is so good it knew it needed to be posted twice.

11 days ago
11/10/05

I tried to add some small details on hand and shoulder placement in the vid...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ofg1RBx1e1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11 days ago
10/15/06

11 days ago
10/15/06

Just in case 

11 days ago
10/15/06

3 life changing vids for you to enjoy 

11 days ago
7/31/09
ColeMillerATT -

Adem Redzovic. One of the best out there. 

Going to train at one of his gyms tomorrow while I visit Chicago. No drop in fee...how awesome is that?

11 days ago
10/16/14

Thanks!

Don't know whether the VU system does anything anymore, but everyone gets a VU

10 days ago
1/1/01
For later
10 days ago
4/2/13

Out of all those videos, Shen's is the most high percentage escape.

10 days ago
9/10/12
Robobear - 

Which one?

10 days ago
10/15/06

I agree with Robobear and it turns the tables fast and lands you directly into a north south choke or armlock position 

3 days ago
2/5/06
Bottom side control is my go to position. I am an expert in maintaining it. What questions do you have?
3 days ago
11/10/05
Robobear - 

Out of all those... you haven't seen or tried them all. 

I like the details in Shen's vid, but those jelly roll type of variations have a lot of risk.

I've been working on and using the spider guard recovery that I posted, for years. I like it because I feel very safe there, my spine is comfortable. I can breathe easily. And it's a very effective low risk escape that even in failure opens up other escapes.

3 days ago
3/30/13
In
Edited: 2 days ago
1/1/01
Meatgrinder - 
Robobear - 

I like the details in Shen's vid, but those jelly roll type of variations have a lot of risk.

I've been working on and using the spider guard recovery that I posted, for years. I like it because I feel very safe there, my spine is comfortable. I can breathe easily. And it's a very effective low risk escape that even in failure opens up other escapes.

To me, it's  the highest percentage/lowest risk option from that position.

I don't understand the 'lot of risk' notion.

Literally, the worst thing that has ever happened to me there is to get Mounted.

2 days ago
9/10/12

You guys are talking about SHENS vid being the best but I didn't see Shen post any vids. Can you post?

11/10/05
shen - 
Meatgrinder - 
Robobear - 

To me, it's  the highest percentage/lowest risk option from that position.

I don't understand the 'lot of risk' notion.

Literally, the worst thing that has ever happened to me there is to get Mounted.

Well... some people have a move so well down that they can seemingly "break the rules". 

I do something like this in 1/2 guard as I start to go inverted, but not from bottom side unless I'm screwing around.

BTW - Just my opinion about the risk level of this move. Nothing illegitimate about the move or the details of your vid. My general principle is to keep my elbows close to my core. I rarely expose the space between. 

- Even when you tuck that elbow inside the left hip. The overall arm position leaves you pretty susceptible to modified scarf... Also to an arm triangle capture, then they move to the other side.

- Also, unlike the variation where you gable grip over the back of their tricep, in order to reach their belt, you're hold their arm in a great cross face position, but you've got to have the reach to get that belt which a good cross face can make very difficult.

- There's really nothing to stop the top person from lifting your head off the mat.

- I love to actually pin the near arm bicep with a shin ride (using either shin. My left shin would pin from the outside. My right shin would pin from the inside) Sure a lot of side control is susceptible to this, but the concern is that the other arm is being exposed as it reaches.

- ..not to mention getting mounted...or triangle mounted.

- I don't see the single arm grabbing the tricep preventing the top guy from posturing before you get a chance to secure a good posture controlling grip with the other hand. You're hoping that your tricep grip isn't telegraphing that.... and without that posture control, your right elbow isn't really in a position to block knee on belly, where that move is no longer relevant, but your arm might be in a heap of trouble by then.

-Also don't see a lot of people keeping those hands clasped in top side...That right hand would be grabbing your knee, cupping  your elbow possibly preventing a good reach, setting up your lapel for a choke, etc.

- Also by risk, I'm considering how much the success ratio goes down as the opponent's get larger leaving you pretty uncomfortable with a mean cross face, poor framing and distance mgmt on your lungs.

1/1/01

^ IME, none of those things have been real "problems", certainly not the submissions or sitting out to Kesa.

It's an entire game though when you have those grips --It's Georgian Wrestling from under Side Control.

That sweep (or reversal, really) is the fundamental but there is a good deal more with the same grips.

What it really is, is a system to turn grabbing the neck into a liability. Because where I came from everyone used the "crushing", super tight Side Control where they smash the jaw. It's a way to make people stop putting weight on you and stop grabbing your neck.

2 days ago
10/16/14
Judge Mental -

You guys are talking about SHENS vid being the best but I didn't see Shen post any vids. Can you post?

Shen' mortal avatar is the one demonstrating the overhead roll (from the Torrance gym)