Revgear League BJJGround How to Set Up a Crucifix

5/1/17 10:31 AM
7/28/02

New tutorial on 3 different ways to set up the BJJ crucifix:

https://howtheyplay.com/individual-sports/How-to-Set-Up-a-Crucifix-for-BJJ

"The crucifix in BJJ is virtually check mate, but it's not a scoring position like mount or back. In other words, you can go through all the trouble of setting up the position, and if you don't finish your opponent, you won't necessarily score a single point all match long. However, the efficacy of the position more than makes up for this, as you can attack both arms and your partner's neck, while they are going to have a very difficult time defending any of your attacks. Here are three different ways to get into the crucifix position, starting with the most fundamental method, and gradually increasing in complexity."

5/1/17 11:45 AM
2/28/03

I got into these for a while and then stopped using them.  I think I'll try and put it back into my arsenal again

5/1/17 6:18 PM
8/2/05

Nice, thank you

Edited: 5/1/17 9:08 PM
12/21/04

Goat's on his way to joining the BJJ encyclopedia club.

5/1/17 11:01 PM
1/19/04

Excellent!  Thanks bud!

5/2/17 10:06 PM
6/22/05
Cool, thanks. So you like to lock up the arm with the inside leg, it seems like most people like to lock up the arm with the outside leg for holding purposes and to set up the leg based straight armbar. Is it because you like to transition into that kimura control triangle or are there other benefits as well with the inside leg control?
5/3/17 5:22 PM
7/28/02
Chris Coogan - Cool, thanks. So you like to lock up the arm with the inside leg, it seems like most people like to lock up the arm with the outside leg for holding purposes and to set up the leg based straight armbar. Is it because you like to transition into that kimura control triangle or are there other benefits as well with the inside leg control?

Yes, more or less.  The Kimura grip isn't something I let go of, either (even with the RNC finish, I prefer the one-on-one grip the whole time).  This keeps them from doing the escape where you put your back on the mat and shoot your hips up and over.  Hope this makes sense!

5/5/17 3:15 PM
7/28/02

ttt

5/5/17 4:58 PM
6/22/05
goatfury -
Chris Coogan - Cool, thanks. So you like to lock up the arm with the inside leg, it seems like most people like to lock up the arm with the outside leg for holding purposes and to set up the leg based straight armbar. Is it because you like to transition into that kimura control triangle or are there other benefits as well with the inside leg control?

Yes, more or less.  The Kimura grip isn't something I let go of, either (even with the RNC finish, I prefer the one-on-one grip the whole time).  This keeps them from doing the escape where you put your back on the mat and shoot your hips up and over.  Hope this makes sense!

Yeah it definitely makes sense, thanks. I've been playing around with outside leg locking crucifixs this week and this gives a nice 1,2 option and feeds in great into that whole kimura control stuff. ??

5/5/17 4:59 PM
6/22/05

^not meant to be a question, guess no emoticons here. :/

5/8/17 5:11 PM
7/28/02
Chris Coogan - 

^not meant to be a question, guess no emoticons here. :/

Ha! 

5/9/17 11:23 AM
2/15/02

ttt