Revgear League BJJGround Interview I did about white belt berimbolos

6 days ago
2/28/03

I have some strong opinions on the matter 

it's a pretty quick read 

https://www.facebook.com/jiujitsutimes/posts/711431295702748

6 days ago
5/11/08
Good stuff. I like your point regarding advanced moves being solutions to advanced problems. The berimbolo seems to have been developed as a way to deal with good stand up passers who have guards that are nearly impassable. The solution offered by the berimbolo allows you to off-balance your standing opponent, and then completely bypass guard passing and moving straight to the back. In that sense, it's an elegant solution to a difficult problem.

A beginner would be much better off using a basic collar and sleeve open guard to work on simple submissions and sweeps, and also guard passing when on top.
6 days ago
11/11/11
I honestly feel most instructors don't give a shit what their new students learn and just lump them into the advance stuff
6 days ago
2/28/03
pbody - Good stuff. I like your point regarding advanced moves being solutions to advanced problems. The berimbolo seems to have been developed as a way to deal with good stand up passers who have guards that are nearly impassable. The solution offered by the berimbolo allows you to off-balance your standing opponent, and then completely bypass guard passing and moving straight to the back. In that sense, it's an elegant solution to a difficult problem.

A beginner would be much better off using a basic collar and sleeve open guard to work on simple submissions and sweeps, and also guard passing when on top.

Exactly my sentiments 

5 days ago
8/17/12

Sounds fair enough. You mentioned a strong self defence foundation. Any thoughts on which self defence moves in particular?

5 days ago
2/28/03
burner22 -

Sounds fair enough. You mentioned a strong self defence foundation. Any thoughts on which self defence moves in particular?

Double and single legs. Punch defense 

4 days ago
9/10/12
Sweet
3 days ago
12/16/00
checkuroil - 

I have some strong opinions on the matter 

it's a pretty quick read 

https://www.facebook.com/jiujitsutimes/posts/711431295702748

Great article. Sound reasoning, and explained well.

3 days ago
4/24/08
with an attitude like that your students will never develop an awesome smoke of the cactus leaf