David Jacobs' BJJGround LOL FLO Grappling...

5 days ago
5/30/03

They have a replay of the Nicky/Geo match and they cut the video off right as the time runs out.  We all know that Nicky won from the internet, but why on earth would you cut the video out without giving results/post fight interview?  Someone from managment, please explain that logic to me.  Maybe it's something that I'm missing.  You show a 29 minute video; 14 of which is the INTRO!  The match doesn't even begin until 14 minutes into the video!

Then you cut out the video as soon as the time runs out!?!  Who is running things over there?  If the ending doesn't matter, do you really think viewers want to be bothered with a 15 minute intro?

4 days ago
1/1/01

I was going to get flogrqppling but saw it’s 30/month unless you pay the year in full

is it worth it??

4 days ago
8/13/04
false
4 days ago
5/30/03
pigpen -

I was going to get flogrqppling but saw it’s 30/month unless you pay the year in full

is it worth it??

Did they increase it to $30?!

4 days ago
4/26/13

$30/month to watch mostly regional Jiu Jitsu competition with ads!!  No thank you.  Said it here before, that place must be bleeding money.  They’ll be done within 18 months.

4 days ago
1/1/01
The Maestro -
pigpen -

is it worth it??

Did they increase it to $30?!

I was going to do it because I saw 12.50/month but then noticed that I would have to pay 150 at once for the year or 30/month

no thank you

4 days ago
3/18/02
Easters - 

$30/month to watch mostly regional Jiu Jitsu competition with ads!!  No thank you.  Said it here before, that place must be bleeding money.  They’ll be done within 18 months.

good. maybe budovideos will come back and not have a predatory business model.  Id love to start watching jiu jitsu again 

Edited: 4 days ago
5/30/03

I really don't like talking poorly  about a business because it affects their livelihood but Flo makes it really hard. 

They're like a local gym that screen prints Hane's shirts for $60  

3 days ago
3/18/02

^ I totally hear you.  Especially in the grappling community, I remember what it was like to have zero media coverage.  But Flo does not do it in good faith and I cant stand their business practices.  Ill wait for the next one to come along...

3 days ago
10/8/08
^ what happen to budovideos, budo was good back in the day
3 days ago
3/18/02

no idea.  Toward the end they were really hitting their stride with multiple mat options and good commentating.  No subscription BS

3 days ago
1/1/01
People talk about budo videos like it was so much better, but to watch the entire pan was like $100 just before they stopped doing them. It was like 50 for the weekend or 30 for a single day, and 100 for the entire thing.

I'm not saying that flo is great, but just that its not like it was so much better before they were around. One good thing about the yearly sub, you get the other flo sites too so if you watch wrestling or any of the other sports they have it makes it a better deal.
3 days ago
3/9/13

I'll never support Flo. I have plenty of teammates that do though so I'm wondering if they are doing better than we are thinking in this thread.