David Jacobs' BJJGround Masakazu Imanari has a big fight next week.

Edited: 1/11/18 8:29 AM
4/25/11

In ONE championship at 135 lbs against Yusup Saadulaev. Tough matchup for him. Up and coming guy who’s picture is on the front page doing that crazy RNC. Most of his wins are via submission, so will be interesting to see how willing he is to engage Imanari on the ground and risk getting caught in a leg lock.

1/11/18 3:41 PM
5/11/08
Triple_B -

In ONE championship at 135 lbs against Yusup Saadulaev. Tough matchup for him. Up and coming guy who’s picture is on the front page doing that crazy RNC. Most of his wins are via submission, so will be interesting to see how willing he is to engage Imanari on the ground and risk getting caught in a leg lock.

I did a seminar with Imanari recently and had a chance to roll with him. He's a really nice, friendly guy. Rolling him was a lot of fun.
1/11/18 3:46 PM
10/31/05
pbody - 
Triple_B -

I did a seminar with Imanari recently and had a chance to roll with him. He's a really nice, friendly guy. Rolling him was a lot of fun.

Wow, I always loved Imanari, that's great to hear. How was his English? How was he on the mat?
1/12/18 8:59 AM
5/11/08
Pugilist82 -
pbody - 
Triple_B -

Wow, I always loved Imanari, that's great to hear. How was his English? How was he on the mat?
His English is pretty good. He can understand well, from what I could tell.

He is really good. His leg dexterity is incredible, and made his open guard feel very dangerous. He was also very good at recountering my escape attempts from his leg lock attacks. It felt like he would just pull me in deeper every time I tried to escape until he'd get the tap. He caught me with 2 or 3 heel hooks. He was a very safe roll, despite what I've read elsewhere on the internet. He gave me plenty of time to tap.
1/12/18 4:53 PM
8/2/02
^ Very cool
1/12/18 6:18 PM
10/31/05
Yeah, that's awesome.
1/13/18 9:26 AM
3/30/12

One of the best in JMMA. Always wished him and sakuraba and even genki sudo fought longer and in the UFC 

1/14/18 3:09 PM
3/26/10
Imanari came to my academy in Wales before he fought on Polaris. Just popped in with a couple of Japanese guys for some rolling!!!! Was sureal!!!