2/15/17 7:47 PM
12/5/11
I haven't done much gi work over the past few years. I started in 2007 but backed off the gi training pretty hard after two stripe blue and eventually totally stopped.

I want to get back into it this year. What gi's do you guys like the best? Willing to pay more for quality. I guess I want a lightweight one but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm sure this has been done 500 times, sorry fellers
2/15/17 9:08 PM
2/27/13

Shoyoroll if you can get one.  Also love the storm ultra lite and the Tatami estillo

2/15/17 10:59 PM
6/22/10
VHTS
2/16/17 1:01 AM
12/10/09

Lol name to thread combo 

nice

2/16/17 10:13 AM
12/8/16

If you're willing to pay a little extra for quality then Origin is hands down the way to go.  The weave they use for their gis was designed by them specifically for BJJ.  It's insanely light weight and still difficult for your opponent to grip.  It drys incredibly fast, and their higher end line (Axiom) are injected with silver to make them anti-microbial.  Then there are the pants.  The pants fit like fight shorts with a velcro fly and have an actual belt as opposed to a random piece of string.  The pants are pretty much regarded as being the best; I've never met someone that has a pair and doesn't love them.

Their customer service is also top notch, they'll do anything to make sure you are absolutely in love with your gi.  Including paying for return shipping and sending you a new one in a different size to make sure it fits you properly.

Sizing is great too as you order each item specifically, so you select your jacket size (Based on your typical A1-A5 sizing) and then you select your waist size (based on your jean sizing) and your Inseam size.  Plus you can have the sleeves tailored to fit you specifically by including a comment in your order, just measure your sleeves armpit to wrist and add an inch to 1.5 inches to adjust for shrinkage, it'll fit like it was custom made for you.

Seriously, Origin is all I'll buy now; Their textile technology is far superior to any other brand out their and they stand behind their products 1,000% I would never even consider another brand

2/16/17 10:19 AM
8/13/09
DomenicVelluso -

Lol name to thread combo 

nice

They always come back

I really the Hyperfly Pro Comp. Also, been wearing a Fuji Sekai a lot lately.
2/16/17 10:42 AM
1/1/01
If you plan on competing, you can't wear the Origin mentioned above as the belt fastening is illegal - no hard plastic/metal pieces allowed on uniform or supports/braces. But it's hard to tell from the pics if they still use that type of fastening (they did on some previous models). So you might want to think about that if you're tempted by the Origin.

James
2/16/17 11:40 AM
1/1/01

If No Gi brand makes a marijuana themed gi, I think they may have a customer for life.

2/16/17 11:44 AM
6/27/13

fuji.

cheap.

good.

2/16/17 12:34 PM
5/9/06

misread thread title as need a nude gi.

am dissapoint

2/16/17 6:38 PM
4/9/10

Flow. Very comfortable, affordable and they have tall sizes!

2/17/17 11:18 AM
12/8/16
Sir Taps - If you plan on competing, you can't wear the Origin mentioned above as the belt fastening is illegal - no hard plastic/metal pieces allowed on uniform or supports/braces. But it's hard to tell from the pics if they still use that type of fastening (they did on some previous models). So you might want to think about that if you're tempted by the Origin.

James

IBJJF is the only tournament I've ever heard giving anyone a hard time about the swiveloc belt, I've personally competed at NAGA, New Breed, and a few other smaller tournaments with no issue while using the swiveloc.

Also when you order you get to select the swiveloc, drawstring, or both.  They're pretty easy to interchange because of the way the belt feeds through the pants.

2/17/17 12:14 PM
11/26/07
Sir Taps - If you plan on competing, you can't wear the Origin mentioned above as the belt fastening is illegal - no hard plastic/metal pieces allowed on uniform or supports/braces. But it's hard to tell from the pics if they still use that type of fastening (they did on some previous models). So you might want to think about that if you're tempted by the Origin.

James

If true...good point.

Thanks
2/17/17 7:23 PM
1/9/09
I'm a big fan of Grips. I haven't bought any of the new models, bit of love the Koral MKM.