David Jacobs' BJJGround Rickson Gracie workshop in Tokyo 2018

Edited: 2/13/18 8:20 AM
3/13/02

2/14/18 7:47 AM
9/10/12

Anyone else feel like Rickson struggles to convey what he is trying to teach on connection when at seminars? Or rather people struggle to unnastan it?

2/15/18 5:45 AM
1/1/01

Honestly I think what he wanted to teach is pretty difficult to teach with words....

I felt Rickson and I felt a few internal martial artists like Minoru Akuzawa and they feel different for sure. But to put it into words is pretty difficult.

2/15/18 6:00 AM
1/1/01
Zero1 - 

Honestly I think what he wanted to teach is pretty difficult to teach with words....

I felt Rickson and I felt a few internal martial artists like Minoru Akuzawa and they feel different for sure. But to put it into words is pretty difficult.

Who is Minoru Akuzawa ?
2/15/18 11:40 AM
3/15/15
FatBuddha - 
Zero1 - 

Who is Minoru Akuzawa ?

I never seen a video Akuzawa fighting anyone, nor do any high level athletes say they sparred with him and were astounded. While he might have some good things, we are talking about two different things here.
2/15/18 12:00 PM
1/1/01

Akuzawa was a Kickboxer and Sanda Fighter in his youth now he is 50....Never the less, I have never felt anyone that powerful than Akuzawa because the way he uses his body.

WIth Rickson is the same. When he sits on top of you you can´t move him and when you sit on him he just moves out of the position.

The stuff he wants to teach is pretty high level body mechanics and that makes it hard for him to teach and hard for beginners to understand....

2/17/18 9:24 AM
3/13/02
Zero1 -

Akuzawa was a Kickboxer and Sanda Fighter in his youth now he is 50....Never the less, I have never felt anyone that powerful than Akuzawa because the way he uses his body.

WIth Rickson is the same. When he sits on top of you you can´t move him and when you sit on him he just moves out of the position.

The stuff he wants to teach is pretty high level body mechanics and that makes it hard for him to teach and hard for beginners to understand....

I felt the same way with Akira Hino. Now I do not know if he can apply this in a real fight but it impressed me.
I did an exercise with him where he could move my arm as he wanted and I felt that nothing could stop his movements.

Very weird feeling.