3 days ago
1/1/01
https://youtu.be/iZ8sgpQpsbY
3 days ago
5/15/03

These guys are spot on 

3 days ago
9/10/13

Interesting they have "jujutsu" on their mats but nowhere else. 

3 days ago
1/1/01

Didn't watch --I don't care what two Blue Belts think.

Edited: 3 days ago
1/1/01

Actually, the ONLY person I have heard say he didn't think Rickson deserved the Red Belt yet, was Rickson himself. So, I don't know what the Valente brothers are addressing, I certainly haven't heard any outcry against Rickson's promotion, from anywhere.

3 days ago
1/1/01
Shen,

The Valente brothers were refuting Rickson. There were simply doing in an indirect way.
3 days ago
1/1/01
it been years since he threw water bottle.....so I think he meets the moral standards the valentes described!

AMIRITE?!?!?
Edited: 3 days ago
1/1/01
m.g - Shen,

The Valente brothers were refuting Rickson. There were simply doing in an indirect way.

Jesus man... do you expect me to actually sit through that video AND pay attention...?

--I saw them sitting there talking, that should be good enough.

3 days ago
1/1/01
speakimg of sitting through that vid......OH BRUHTHA

It was like watching ryon and rener bullsbit video. Blah-blah-blah-zhoozhitsu-blah-blah-Grandmaster Helio-blah-blah-blah-zhozhitsu
2 days ago
1/1/01

I watched half. Their logic regarding Rickson's "early" promotion was full of holes, comparing it to a child genius getting their batchelor's degree at the age of 12.

And as for their blue belts - If they respect Helio so much, they should follow the grading system he devised with Carlos. Not arbitrarily revert back to an older system.

James

2 days ago
10/16/14

Did they talk about how Rickson drank straight from the fountain that is Helio?

Otherwise I gotta suspect it ain't a real Valente product 

2 days ago
12/23/13

Wow. There's some cunty people on today. Watched the video, couldn't find any huge problem with it

2 days ago
1/1/01
Sir Taps - 

I watched half. Their logic regarding Rickson's "early" promotion was full of holes, comparing it to a child genius getting their batchelor's degree at the age of 12.

And as for their blue belts - If they respect Helio so much, they should follow the grading system he devised with Carlos. Not arbitrarily revert back to an older system.

James

The last 10 years of Helio's life he was wearing a blue belt, not the red belt. Even his own sons said the Valente Bros. had more access to Helio than they did.
2 days ago
1/1/01
graciesrule - 
Sir Taps - 

James

The last 10 years of Helio's life he was wearing a blue belt, not the red belt. Even his own sons said the Valente Bros. had more access to Helio than they did.

And? That doesn't change the fact that they've decided to ignore the system that Helio devised with Carlos and instead go back to an older system in an attempt to show how close they are to Helio. Helio tied on their black belts, and their father's red belt, as well as all the belts on his own sons. Helio said in interviews that he wore a blue belt in protest against the quality of black belts being produced, and alos because he liked the colour.

It's a marketing gimmick - "we're so pure water, we've gone back to the original grading system".

James

1 day ago
10/27/03

I'm so pure I use the original mythical system of slowly letting my white belt get so dirty it eventually goes black.

I don't even train anymore, just leave the belt in the garden. It's coming along nicely.

1 day ago
2/28/03

Don't like the cadence and intensity with which they speak.  It's like they are trying to brainwash me 

1 day ago
1/1/01
checkuroil - 

Don't like the cadence and intensity with which they speak.  It's like they are trying to brainwash me 

like rener and ryon vids
1 day ago
2/28/03
Sgt. Slaphead -
checkuroil - 

like rener and ryon vids

Exactly 

1 day ago
10/17/14

I'd rather be close to glavao/rafa/marcelo/cobrinha/caio than helio.

i would learn better jiu-jitsu 

1 day ago
1/1/01
Sir Taps - 
graciesrule - 
Sir Taps - 

James

And? That doesn't change the fact that they've decided to ignore the system that Helio devised with Carlos and instead go back to an older system in an attempt to show how close they are to Helio. Helio tied on their black belts, and their father's red belt, as well as all the belts on his own sons. Helio said in interviews that he wore a blue belt in protest against the quality of black belts being produced, and alos because he liked the colour.

It's a marketing gimmick - "we're so pure water, we've gone back to the original grading system".

James

Actually Pedro Valente Sr was given his Red belt by Relson and Royce, Helio had past. And him going back to wearing a blue belt instead of red belt was because he said people were being awarded red belts by people who were not even giving red belts themselves.
1 day ago
1/1/01

I stand corrected. Still think it's a load of marketing inspired bollocks from the Valentes.

James

1 day ago
1/1/01
^ i agree but they have Royce backing them. Maybe the Self Defense Jiu Jitsu and the sport Jiu Jitsu schools should have different ranking systems.
1 day ago
8/1/09
ckaa -

I'd rather be close to glavao/rafa/marcelo/cobrinha/caio than helio.

i would learn better jiu-jitsu 

Yeah, this. 

1 day ago
12/18/03
Who?
1 day ago
8/3/04

Jesus if these two drink any more of the Gracie kool aid they will piss purple.  

The irony of using helio as a moral touchstone given his documented behavior in the book Choque of thuggery and violence should not be lost lost on people.