Revgear League BJJGround Warning: Adam Guerra - Guerra's House of Warriors

9 days ago
6/2/14

So I have attended a large number of my kids tournaments in various sports.  The kids BJJ tournaments I've attended have typically always had the best parents and spectators.  Sure there is the odd exception, but they typically don't train in BJJ.  

Well what I witnessed today takes the cake.  While at a tournament in the Pacific Northwest, a man named Adam Guerra, from Alvin, TX, who runs https://www.guerrasmixedmartialarts.com/ was absolutely out of control.  At first people noticed his behavior shortly after his sons loss in the gi finals.  Hey no big deal right?  However the father and son begin berating the ref, and Mr. Guerra tries to bump into the other coach.

The other coach gently says something to Mr. Guerra, essentially to calm down.  This coach is well known in the area, well liked, and has the support of almost everyone in the vicinity.  The son's behavior isn't far off from the fathers.

The nogi tournament begins and his 11 or 12 year old son goes in wild and attempts to kneebar the other kid.  Immediate DQ.  Except it doesn't end there.

The father literally goes ballistic and choke grabs his son and drags him off to the side of the mats screaming at him.  He is effectively winding up to punch his son in the face which holding him with the other hand by the throat.

The most amazing thing is if he is willing to do this in front of hundred's or people, not to mention dozens of high ranking BJJ black belts, including a number that are the size of Shrek how is he treating his son behind the scenes?

A couple of people stepped in and separated the father, who then stormed off out the front.  The poor kid was so embarrassed and shamed by the even he just lied on the gym floor for over an hour crying.

If you know this guy or live in Alvin, TX, understand who you are having train your children.

If you are Adam Guerra and are reading this: Get yourself some help.  Put your poor son in therapy and get him the help he needs.  Yes, his BJJ is decent.  No, you are NOT the reason for his success.  You are the reason for his failures.  A complete coward.

9 days ago
4/2/13

Damn, what association did he rep if any?

9 days ago
6/2/14
Robobear -

Damn, what association did he rep if any?

"Independent".

Edited: 9 days ago
1/1/01

His website has a few red flags.

On the website there is a Mexican-looking guy  in his 30s and wearing a 8th degree coral belt  in apparently no specific style of "Japanese jiu jitsu". Lots of talk about "integrity", etc.

I swear, these schools all seem to follow the same pattern. There are a lot of really bad/strange "MMA" gyms run by people who really just don't have the qualifications to do so. 

I feel bad for the kid.

9 days ago
3/14/02

He was very active on the Ug when i first joined. He used to go by Barnone and claimed hammerhouse i think. I trained with a few guys from his school years back but havent heard the name in a while.

9 days ago
1/1/01
I don't live far from Alvin, and did not even know he was still in the area! He actually had a Hammerhouse affiliation for a short period of time, very early 2000's I believe.

He tried to promote some fights, and I attended a few of them. The infamous Guy Metzger/Shannon Ritch submission fight was at one of them. Adam gave me a hat at another (LOL, I'll have to see if it is still in my closet!).

He had a jacked up "fight record" which some people on here investigated and found out most of his "opponents" were actually his students. He got nicknamed "Clownshoe" on here, and somebody even made a BRUTAL parody webpage about Adam.

Anyway, rest assured, he is not well thought of anywhere.
9 days ago
5/23/13
He was the submission wrestling coach for Hammer House in the late 90's, early 2000's
9 days ago
6/2/14

Well his reputation obviously precedes him.  For the sake of his kid hopefully he can change, but it sounds unlikely.

9 days ago
1/1/01

I knew that name sounded familiar.  Didn't he, or maybe it was his dad, go into the martial arts hall of fame (whatever that is) ?  I remember he was really well thought of because if his hammer house affiliation until his fight record was found to be bullshito 

9 days ago
1/1/01
Beer Man, I think he and his dad CREATED some sort of Hall of Fame, so that he could be a member!

LOL, I wish some of the Clownshoe-posse would see this, and share some of the stuff they dug up on him. Some of those guys declared war on him, and it was fun to watch.
9 days ago
6/2/14
Pig Bun - Beer Man, I think he and his dad CREATED some sort of Hall of Fame, so that he could be a member!

LOL, I wish some of the Clownshoe-posse would see this, and share some of the stuff they dug up on him. Some of those guys declared war on him, and it was fun to watch.

I too would be interested in seeing this.

8 days ago
3/14/02
Pig Bun - Beer Man, I think he and his dad CREATED some sort of Hall of Fame, so that he could be a member!

now I remember that. UMAHoF was the name.

https://www.facebook.com/umahof/
7 days ago
1/1/01
shen - 

His website has a few red flags.

On the website there is a Mexican-looking guy  in his 30s and wearing a 8th degree coral belt  in apparently no specific style of "Japanese jiu jitsu". Lots of talk about "integrity", etc.

I swear, these schools all seem to follow the same pattern. There are a lot of really bad/strange "MMA" gyms run by people who really just don't have the qualifications to do so. 

I feel bad for the kid.

That could be a 4 th or 5 th dan belt for USJA or Danzan ryu, lol. But he does need shorter gi pants!
7 days ago
6/1/10

Is this a Barnone thread?  Fucking awesome

7 days ago
6/1/10
Pig Bun - I don't live far from Alvin, and did not even know he was still in the area! He actually had a Hammerhouse affiliation for a short period of time, very early 2000's I believe.

He tried to promote some fights, and I attended a few of them. The infamous Guy Metzger/Shannon Ritch submission fight was at one of them. Adam gave me a hat at another (LOL, I'll have to see if it is still in my closet!).

He had a jacked up "fight record" which some people on here investigated and found out most of his "opponents" were actually his students. He got nicknamed "Clownshoe" on here, and somebody even made a BRUTAL parody webpage about Adam.

Anyway, rest assured, he is not well thought of anywhere.

Vietnam MMA champ of the world!

7 days ago
3/27/03

These nuts really fuck up kids bjj... so many people would do anything to make their kids martial arts wrecking machines

they are who they are, you can fuck them up but you can't make them an elite competitor if it's not in them 

7 days ago
3/27/03

Btw DO NOT google image search "Adam Guerra" it is disturbing