Revgear League BJJGround What arm bar things are you doing lately?

Edited: 11 days ago
2/27/08
I've been working on a sequence from guard that is coming together nicely and I'll incorporate it into live rolling soon.

Let me know what you think.

11 days ago
2/27/08
But really, my two favourite things to do at the moment are both arm bars:

* mounted arm bar from s-mount

* near-side arm bar from side control

The near-side opportunity is usually only there for a second but man it feels good to hit.

What are you doing with arm bars?
11 days ago
9/14/13

kimura from side control-neck scissors- far side armbar

11 days ago
9/14/13

11 days ago
2/27/08
Nice. The leg is already on over the face, the defending hand is busy pushing the legs, awesome.

This one is nice - not quite an armbar but close enough.

11 days ago
12/21/16
Getting caught in them.
11 days ago
1/1/01
Red Stuff - But really, my two favourite things to do at the moment are both arm bars:

* mounted arm bar from s-mount

* near-side arm bar from side control

The near-side opportunity is usually only there for a second but man it feels good to hit.

What are you doing with arm bars?

I was at a Roger Gracie seminar recently and he taught an armbar from s-mount. Really focused on eliminating all space and making the guy on bottom miserable. Trying to incorporate it more 

11 days ago
5/15/09

I've been finishing face down on the mounted armbar from s mount a lot recently. I never loved sitting back or falling back towards the legs, and always preferred to bring my shin over their face and go to the far side.

11 days ago
11/10/05

I've been focused on 2 varieties lately:

- collar/sleeve grip where one foot is on the bicep of his free arm.

- paper-cutter to near side arm bar (one shin into his arm pit, the other behind his head)

10 days ago
2/27/08
Oh yeah, that near-side follow up to the paper cutter is fun to hit. Am I picturing it wrong or is your non-armpit leg over the face or under the head?

There's something so satisfying about constricting someone with a nice s-mount and then slipping that shin across the face. It really is hell to be under there!
10 days ago
9/8/17

My shittiest impression of a triangle armbar from spider guard.

10 days ago
11/10/05
Red Stuff - Oh yeah, that near-side follow up to the paper cutter is fun to hit. Am I picturing it wrong or is your non-armpit leg over the face or under the head?

There's something so satisfying about constricting someone with a nice s-mount and then slipping that shin across the face. It really is hell to be under there!

The hitchhiker escape not only requires the person to walk his legs away but in the process his head has to go underneath you because the centerpoint of you clock is not his head. The centerpoint is the outside of his shoulder. When you attempt the arm bar with one foot under the arm pit, you are vulnerable to this hitchhiker escape, but by putting your other foot under his head (with a nice little shin to the jaw as you step into it), you prevent that.

Yeah the s-mount to arm bar driving the shin into the face feels good, but you get a little of that with the paper cutter transition that I'm describing.

10 days ago
10/5/11

Near side arm bar but I think I'm doing it a bit different than the ones mentioned,

North south choke to isolate an arm between my armpit, shin to their side and papercut so I can easily throw my other leg over. Finally, sit back gable or guillotine grip under the elbow. Does that make sense? lol

Also, far side arm bar off neon belly, the mendes brothers have a great drill for this. I'll also step over the head and throw in a kimura grip to mix it up and try to finess the armbar with the kimura grip. 

Exciting time for me, I've been horrible at arm bars for years but I'm finally saying fuck it and going for them and landing a few. 

10 days ago
9/10/12

Ive been just trying to grab peoples arms and bend them in weird positions from weird positions and make them tap on me and ask me to stop.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes they do it to me and I don't like it.

10 days ago
12/24/10

About 3 years ago I was hitting armbardfrom all over the place. Then for a couple years I stopped using them. 

I've recently started seeing opportunities to use them in weird spots I didn't before and am having success again. Funny how that works.

10 days ago
12/26/02

I always like the armbar from S-Mount, or spinning from Side / Half Guard Top, or the back.

When I'm serious, I always finish by rolling them over first (see pic).  

10 days ago
9/10/12
twinkletoesCT - 

I always like the armbar from S-Mount, or spinning from Side / Half Guard Top, or the back.

When I'm serious, I always finish by rolling them over first (see pic).  

I find it really easy to escape them from the S Mount. im also really big. 

9 days ago
2/27/08
Jake95 - 

Near side arm bar but I think I'm doing it a bit different than the ones mentioned,

North south choke to isolate an arm between my armpit, shin to their side and papercut so I can easily throw my other leg over. Finally, sit back gable or guillotine grip under the elbow. Does that make sense? lol

Also, far side arm bar off neon belly, the mendes brothers have a great drill for this. I'll also step over the head and throw in a kimura grip to mix it up and try to finess the armbar with the kimura grip. 

Exciting time for me, I've been horrible at arm bars for years but I'm finally saying fuck it and going for them and landing a few. 

Crazy how things happen when we just try it, right?

I look for the far-side arm any time they're turned into me just slightly from side control and I can pin their top arm/sleeve to the mat.

This works great off that DLR sweep where you pass their far sleeve through their legs and grab it with your other hand. They fall on their side with their bottom leg trapped, the top hand pinned to the ground, and their top leg easily passed. Then you spin for the arm.

It's a satisfying sequence to get.
7 days ago
4/6/12
In
7 days ago
8/17/12

Inspired by xande at adcc, I've been working the classic armbar from closed guard. Satisfying when u can get that 'basic' stuff to work against a good guy

7 days ago
10/15/06

I've been working on these grip breaks lately 

6 days ago
1/1/01
I've been working the Rickson one a lot. Throwing up shoulder guard (obviously from guard) and then working the finish. My left side is much better than my right. Trying to balance them out.
5 days ago
6/27/02
Just the basic belly to back suplex into mid-air armbar...