GamerGround I don't understand the PS Store

8/12/17 9:19 PM
1/1/01
I'm a PC gamer, but my video card finally croaked after 6+ years and now I'm waiting for a new PC to arrive. I was thinking of using my wife's PS4 to do a little gaming, but my plan kind of stalled when I saw you couldn't buy stuff like Gran Turismo for the PS4. There's no backward compatibility? You can't get PS1/PS2 games for PS4?

The PS1 was the only console I ever owned and I was hoping to have some fun nostalgia times.
8/12/17 10:41 PM
1/1/01
I am seriously irritated I can't buy GT, GT3, Tekken 3, or Tekken Tag on the PS Store.

Serious first world problems going on over here.
8/12/17 11:24 PM
3/21/11
Tomato Can - I am seriously irritated I can't buy GT, GT3, Tekken 3, or Tekken Tag on the PS Store.

look into psnow. it  a stupid service you can get that lets you play older games. not sure what games are on the list

8/12/17 11:33 PM
1/1/01
Just checked, they don't have any GT titles, and only Tekken Tag 2.

NERD RAGE ACTIVATE ARRRRRRRRRRRGHGHGGHGH
8/13/17 7:46 AM
1/14/12
I always wanted an HD update of original Ridge Racer on PS4.
8/14/17 3:55 PM
5/10/16
Drunkie -
Tomato Can - I am seriously irritated I can't buy GT, GT3, Tekken 3, or Tekken Tag on the PS Store.

look into psnow. it  a stupid service you can get that lets you play older games. not sure what games are on the list

Do not get that service. It's streaming not downloading like xbox game pass. If anyone else is using the internet it's lags like hell and is unplayable.

There's tons of old games in the store it's just a pain to navigate
8/14/17 4:41 PM
3/21/11
opieandjimmy -
Drunkie -

Do not get that service. It's streaming not downloading like xbox game pass. If anyone else is using the internet it's lags like hell and is unplayable.

There's tons of old games in the store it's just a pain to navigate

i think the worst issue is people get put in queue. how do you offer a streaming service that  makes people wait in line. if you run a service like that it should  never get overloaded that it needs a que

8/15/17 9:01 AM
3/5/14

Why don't you just research a few of the best and most well reviewed games on the PS4, find one that looks interesting to you and play it?  There are a few pretty sweet exclusives you could take the opportunity to play. 

8/15/17 11:03 PM
1/1/01
Hurtsogood - 

Why don't you just research a few of the best and most well reviewed games on the PS4, find one that looks interesting to you and play it?  There are a few pretty sweet exclusives you could take the opportunity to play. 

Because I really just wanted something I could play in small bites with no big commitment.

My wife owns Red Dead Redemption and Last of Us but I didn't really wanna play one of those for a few hours and then put it down when my new PC comes.
8/16/17 8:49 PM
3/21/11
Tomato Can -
Hurtsogood - 

Because I really just wanted something I could play in small bites with no big commitment.

My wife owns Red Dead Redemption and Last of Us but I didn't really wanna play one of those for a few hours and then put it down when my new PC comes.

just get crash bandicoot

8/18/17 10:31 PM
8/15/11
Tomato Can -
Hurtsogood - 

Rocket League. 

Edited: 8/18/17 10:47 PM
1/1/01
My wife actually owns Rocket League and I did play it a bit. It's pretty damn fun, although it didn't really scratch that nostalgia itch.

I really should have just played MGS, since the company I ordered my PC from is running way behind schedule and I'd probably have had plenty of time to beat the game by now.
8/18/17 11:22 PM
3/21/11
Tomato Can - My wife actually owns Rocket League and I did play it a bit. It's pretty damn fun, although it didn't really scratch that nostalgia itch.

I really should have just played MGS, since the company I ordered my PC from is running way behind schedule and I'd probably have had plenty of time to beat the game by now.

building the pc yourself would of avoided these delays sir

8/19/17 12:08 AM
1/1/01
I guess so, as long as I didn't fuck it up as a first-time builder. Also it would be tough to recreate the system I ordered, which is a super tiny micro-tower with a lot of high end stuff in it.
8/19/17 12:24 AM
3/21/11
Tomato Can - I guess so, as long as I didn't fuck it up as a first-time builder. Also it would be tough to recreate the system I ordered, which is a super tiny micro-tower with a lot of high end stuff in it.

would of been far easier then you think. i know it scares people fucking around with all these parts costing so much. but building a pc today is really no more complex than legos

8/21/17 8:48 AM
3/5/14
Drunkie -
Tomato Can - I guess so, as long as I didn't fuck it up as a first-time builder. Also it would be tough to recreate the system I ordered, which is a super tiny micro-tower with a lot of high end stuff in it.

would of been far easier then you think. i know it scares people fucking around with all these parts costing so much. but building a pc today is really no more complex than legos

*Proceeds to fuck up the 5 dollar lego set he just purchased for his kid*

Yea, building stuff isn't for me.....

9/7/17 11:38 AM
8/14/10

There is a new GT coming soon. In the mean time check out assetto corsa, project cars, and dirt rally if you're looking for racing games.

9/7/17 9:23 PM
1/1/01
My new computer came a couple of weeks ago. Playing Pillars of Eternity now. Also ordered GTA5 and Witcher 3 on Amazon.