GamerGround Picking up the Assassin's Creed series.

6 days ago
1/12/15
I beat Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II years ago, so I am starting on Brotherhood. I'd like to play through the newest one, Origins, but not touch the handheld ones (fuck handheld games). It usually takes me 2 weeks or so to beat a 15 hour + game, due to RL stuff. Am I making a bad call? The story line and concept are what draw me to the series. Gameplay is fine. Not amazed by it.
5 days ago
9/14/13

the consensus is

revelations is essentially marking time

3 makes some advances but is like 6 hours of tutorial to start with

4 is great

5 days ago
1/12/15
Brotherhood reminds me of 2 quite a bit, but that's not a bad thing. I like the Ezio character so I'm enjoying it so far.
5 days ago
10/27/03

The connecting modern storyline of Desmond finishes with AC3.

From there it’s random so you can really just play the ones that interest you if you’re not a massive fan.

AC4 Black Flag is my favourite but they’re all pretty good.

5 days ago
1/1/01
Been through most myself.

I actually really liked the first because of its setting and the uniqueness of the story at the time. However, the combat in the first is *atrocious.* It's really hard to go back and replay it for that reason. Still a beautiful game, though, some of the architecture and such is still eye-popping.

AC2 was a big improvement, and Brotherhood was even better as an expansion of #2. The third part of the AC2 trilogy (Revelations) was a bit of a disappointment, but still not a bad game.

AC3 - wow, what an amazing setting. And the combat is better than ever. Goddamn shame some of the jumping sequences are HARD AS FUCK. Be careful with this one if you get frustrated easily.

AC4 - you know how some people play GTA or Skyrim and literally never touch the main storyline, and they have a shitload of fun doing so? You can do the same here, being a high seas pirate is so much fun you can practically ignore the rest of the game :-)

Haven't played the Egypt one yet - for some reason, the setting does not appeal to me....but we'll see, I'll likely give it a crack when it hits the $20 bin....
4 days ago
8/10/11

AC1 was awesome. It aged really poorly, but the modern day segments were probably the best of the series. 

Ezio Trilogy was also great. Brotherhood > 2 > revelations, but I still thought revelations was fantastic. It tried some new things that worked to varying degrees, but overall still was good. 

3 didnt do anything for me. I didnt dig the colonial america stuff. That modern day story too

4 was great, but not so much an AC game as pirate simulator with AC type stuff thrown in. 

Brotherhood is good now, terrible at launch. Syndicate was DAMN good, the england setting was done really well and it did everything right. 

Havent tried the new one yet 

4 days ago
1/12/15
None So Blind - Been through most myself.

I actually really liked the first because of its setting and the uniqueness of the story at the time. However, the combat in the first is *atrocious.* It's really hard to go back and replay it for that reason. Still a beautiful game, though, some of the architecture and such is still eye-popping.

AC2 was a big improvement, and Brotherhood was even better as an expansion of #2. The third part of the AC2 trilogy (Revelations) was a bit of a disappointment, but still not a bad game.

AC3 - wow, what an amazing setting. And the combat is better than ever. Goddamn shame some of the jumping sequences are HARD AS FUCK. Be careful with this one if you get frustrated easily.

AC4 - you know how some people play GTA or Skyrim and literally never touch the main storyline, and they have a shitload of fun doing so? You can do the same here, being a high seas pirate is so much fun you can practically ignore the rest of the game :-)

Haven't played the Egypt one yet - for some reason, the setting does not appeal to me....but we'll see, I'll likely give it a crack when it hits the $20 bin....

Nice insight, thanks! Got further into Brotherhood and I am still digging it. I'm gonna try to play Brotherhood, Revelations, and 3 through within the next couple of months and then maybe take a break if I am feeling burnt out. I don't want it to get old since the series has so many installments.

4 days ago
10/27/03

Many people missed AC Rogue (due to it being released on last gen systems when the new gens has just come out). but it connects up AC3 and AC4 and makes ‘The American Trilogy’

In narrative order it goes AC4-Rogue-AC3 but it’s just as much fun to see the narrative connect together in game release order.

4 days ago
1/1/01
^ YES, good call there, forgot that one. I have Rogue and have played only the first mission....but more piracy is never a bad thing :-)
4 days ago
1/26/12
Orgins is probably one of my favorite games of all time
4 days ago
12/21/16
Some great games in the series. II and Syndicate are my favorites.
4 days ago
9/27/03

I loved 3, mainly because colonial times are one of my favorite periods

12 hours ago
1/12/15
Just finished Brotherhood. The game was great but the ending pissed me right the fuck off.
10 hours ago
10/27/03
malf922 - Just finished Brotherhood. The game was great but the ending pissed me right the fuck off.

Ha it’s been so long I couldn’t tell you what the ending is?

What happened that pissed you off?

10 hours ago
1/12/15
FingerorMoon -
malf922 - Just finished Brotherhood. The game was great but the ending pissed me right the fuck off.

Desmond is forced to stab the blonde chick in the gut and then it goes straight to credits. What the fuck?

Best game of the series so far though. Revelations is up next.
7 hours ago
10/27/03
malf922 -
FingerorMoon -

Desmond is forced to stab the blonde chick in the gut and then it goes straight to credits. What the fuck?

Best game of the series so far though. Revelations is up next.

I still have so no memory of that.... too many AC games at this point!

40 minutes ago
1/12/15

Bunch of bullshit, lol.