GeekGround Guardians of the Galaxy and Jean Grey cancelled

10 days ago
1/1/01

From https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/05/guardians-of-the-galaxy-cancelled-150/

Bleeding Cool first brought you the news that Marvel had cancelled Guardians of the Galaxy #151, solicited for January 2018, while #150 was still planned to be published.

Replacing it in February is Infinity Countdown: Adam Warlock and Infinity Countdown Prime, following on from Guardians of the Galaxy #150, with the second part of the return of Adam Warlock in which he goes on a quest with Kang The Conqueror for the Soul Stone. You know the one that the recent Infinity War suggests may be in Wakanda.

No Guardians of the Galaxy comic was solicited for February. We have now learned that it has definitely been cancelled as an ongoing series. Until the inevitable 2018 relaunch of course, which we have also been talking about for some time

Also ending in January is Jean Grey with #11, which will, after the Phoenix Resurrection series also shipping in January, launch the X-Men: Red series in February.

10 days ago
3/7/05
They turned Starlord into a complete jack ass, that is why I stopped reading GotG.
10 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - They turned Starlord into a complete jack ass, that is why I stopped reading GotG.

I haven't liked Starlord since Bendis started writing him.  Do you think it's the character or the writer?  I'm going to go with the writer......

10 days ago
3/7/05
paw - 
BigWilliam - They turned Starlord into a complete jack ass, that is why I stopped reading GotG.

I haven't liked Starlord since Bendis started writing him.  Do you think it's the character or the writer?  I'm going to go with the writer......

It started for me when he took over Spartax from his father. Not sure if that was Bendis or not. But the final straw was him siding with Captain Marvel during her most fascist of moments on Civil War II.
9 days ago
1/1/01

oh God....I had forgotten about Civil War 2.  That whole event was such nonsense.

9 days ago
10/27/05

Eh, GotG hasn't been great in the last few books, however I'm not sold of transfering over what they would have been doing to a new character. Shameless grab for more #1 sales.

I have mixed feelings on Jean Grey ending. It's actually been good with her training with other heros to advance her control on her powers, but it was always leading into Pheonix resurection so that makes sense.