GeekGround Jessica Jones is the strongest there is!

3/12/18 10:26 AM
7/8/09

Watching season 2 and a couple episodes in she throws a bagged, and presumably weighted, body of an adult male on a pretty flat trajectory about a 1/4-1/2 mile out into the ocean.

Wonder what the math on this says about her strenf? I wish writers would just be consistent with powered stuff and make more sense.

Haven't heard anything good about this season but it hasn't been bad yet. Just slow.

3/12/18 10:48 AM
1/1/01

I haven't started watching it yet.

me = fail.

3/12/18 2:29 PM
3/7/05
Sounds like the writers just took a mulligan on that one. JJ is Spidey level strength and always has been. Not even close to Iron Man level much less Thor or Hulk.
3/12/18 3:35 PM
3/22/10
BigWilliam - Sounds like the writers just took a mulligan on that one. JJ is Spidey level strength and always has been. Not even close to Iron Man level much less Thor or Hulk.

I still rank spidey above her. He’s always holding back so it’s hard to gauge his real strength level.

3/12/18 3:41 PM
3/7/05
daxfactor - 
BigWilliam - Sounds like the writers just took a mulligan on that one. JJ is Spidey level strength and always has been. Not even close to Iron Man level much less Thor or Hulk.

I still rank spidey above her. He’s always holding back so it’s hard to gauge his real strength level.

I was pretty much going off the numbers from those old Marvel handbooks. They were both ranked in the ten ton military press range. Not sure if those are still relevant though.

Iron Man was rated around 70 tons, Thor and the Hulk were over 100 tons.
3/12/18 3:47 PM
1/1/01
daxfactor - 

I'm with BigWilliam on this.  Although Spider-Man has gotten strength increases during various events, he tends to fall back down to the 10 ton range.  

I don't think Marvel does a really good job of showing exactly how strong JJ and Luke Cage are.  For all practical purposes Jessica Jones is a force of nature...and Luke Cage even more so.

3/12/18 9:45 PM
3/22/10
paw -
daxfactor - 

I'm with BigWilliam on this.  Although Spider-Man has gotten strength increases during various events, he tends to fall back down to the 10 ton range.  

I don't think Marvel does a really good job of showing exactly how strong JJ and Luke Cage are.  For all practical purposes Jessica Jones is a force of nature...and Luke Cage even more so.

Yeh on the 7 point scale (old marvel cards) Luke Cage is a 5-6, Spider-Man was a 4-5, and Jessica is a 4 I think.

3/13/18 9:51 AM
3/7/05
The 7 point scale is no where near granular enough. And Luke Cage is traditionally about half the strength of Spidey and JJ. Hero clicks is just completely off all the time.
3/13/18 9:58 AM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - The 7 point scale is no where near granular enough. And Luke Cage is traditionally about half the strength of Spidey and JJ. Hero clicks is just completely off all the time.

I was under the impression that Luke is twice as strong as Spider-Man and JJ.  I thought Luke was around the 50 ton mark.  *shrugs*

I really wish Marvel would do another Handbook.  I would buy that without question.

3/13/18 10:17 AM
3/7/05
paw - 
BigWilliam - The 7 point scale is no where near granular enough. And Luke Cage is traditionally about half the strength of Spidey and JJ. Hero clicks is just completely off all the time.

I was under the impression that Luke is twice as strong as Spider-Man and JJ.  I thought Luke was around the 50 ton mark.  *shrugs*

I really wish Marvel would do another Handbook.  I would buy that without question.

Under the old handbook Luke was 5 ton range. Now that was awhile ago, he might have been powered up since.
3/13/18 10:19 AM
3/7/05
Ah found a reference on the Marvel wikia, he has indeed been powered up to 50 tons.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Cage_(Earth-616)
Edited: 3/13/18 11:02 AM
3/7/05
Ok, so going through the Marvel wikia some more WOW have they jumped the shark. Thor, Hulk, Blue Marvel and Hyperion all have 'limitless' strength now. Thor can crush Uru with his bare hands? Snap adamantium cables by flexing? This is DC power level silliness. Come on Marvel.

Of course pretty much everyone has a healing factor now and high levels of super human strength. What happened to people being powerful in other ways?

And hey Spidey can lift a 200 airplane according to his entry. WOW. Just when I thought Marvel had screwed up as much as they could they hand someone their beer...
3/13/18 12:10 PM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Ok, so going through the Marvel wikia some more WOW have they jumped the shark. Thor, Hulk, Blue Marvel and Hyperion all have 'limitless' strength now. Thor can crush Uru with his bare hands? Snap adamantium cables by flexing? This is DC power level silliness. Come on Marvel.

Of course pretty much everyone has a healing factor now and high levels of super human strength. What happened to people being powerful in other ways?

And hey Spidey can lift a 200 airplane according to his entry. WOW. Just when I thought Marvel had screwed up as much as they could they hand someone their beer...

Marvel used to be more consistent.  Or at least Marvel felt like they were more consistent.

Maybe there's an in story reason that explains all that...maybe.  But even if there is, some future writer will completely ignore the in story reason and just assume that's the character's normal power level.  

3/13/18 3:15 PM
3/7/05
Spidey lifting a 200 jet means for some reason he multiplied his strength by a factor of 20! A big point of Spiderman is that he was not a powerhouse bruiser and he found ways around that when he fought the Rhino. Lazy writing.
3/19/18 12:35 AM
1/1/01

Cage was far better in his early days. I prefer limited characters and hate superman/sentry type crap

3/24/18 6:45 AM
1/22/03
Help me grasp how JJ or her mom can be so tough, take deadly falls and other impacts yet a simple syringe can be inserted to put them down.

The fact is there is ZERO continuity regarding JJ's and her mothers strength in these shows
3/25/18 4:06 PM
12/12/02
The body would fall at the same rate regardless of it travelling sideways, so the time taken to fall is square root of (height in metres when thrown / about 5). So assuming she threw the body at waist height, that would be around half a second to travel half a mile, which is 3600 mph on average.
3/26/18 11:42 AM
9/4/08
It's Patsy!
3/30/18 7:34 PM
4/1/11

This show blows about to wrap it up think god