GeekGround Marvel, I submit. You won.

4/21/17 2:23 AM
6/8/08

I am just totally lost I have to say and I give up trying to understand.

I feel like it's impossible to stay informed about what is what in the marvel universe. AI lost track after Civil War II, which I never read. After that, I just kind of followed the headlines. Cap is bad, then in Paw's other thread, Cap is good now. Then we have this generations thing, we have multiple spiders swinging around, Thor is not Thor because unworthy, so the chick is thor, but ... I think Thor is Thor again? I don't know. And it just goes on like that. I can't tell what are what if- scenarios, I can't tell what the members of the avengers are, since there are 100 avengers teams (with different adjectives before the word avengers). What's canon, what are experiments?

In my circle of friends, I go as the comic geek, although any geek will know that I'm maybe at a 4/10 on a scale of real comic knowledge. Still... I COULD NOT explain to friends, what is happening in the marvel world if they wanted to know.

I just would have to say... look, I can tell you about the heroes back in the day, and then the "serious/more realistic" take that started for me with the Ultimates. I also can tell you about the big civil war... but soon after that... sorry, I just have no idea what's going on. Just watch the movies and let's pretend, that that's all there is.

4/21/17 1:27 PM
3/7/05
For Cap that is definitely the thing to do. Movie Cap is awesome and... there is no other Cap.
4/21/17 6:32 PM
12/10/16

Marvel essentially did this... 

Captain America, Steve Rogers, is now a blonde haired blue-eyed hate-mongering Nazi facist. 

Captain America, Sam Wilson, the REAL Captain America, is black.

That's all you need to know, and sums up Marvel these days. If you look close, there are probably some Quaran verses on Cap's shield promoting the beheading of Christians. 

4/21/17 10:00 PM
9/27/03
Abradolf Lincler -

Captain America, Steve Rogers, is now a blonde haired blue-eyed hate-mongering Nazi facist. 

That's all you need to know, and sums up Marvel these days. If you look close, there are probably some Quaran verses on Cap's shield promoting the beheading of Christians. 

And the acceptance of trans 

4/22/17 6:42 PM
4/18/01
Abradolf Lincler - 

I dont think this is true though. The Hydra Captain America is a ret-con from a cosmic cube fragment.  It's just a storyline that will be "fixed" after the current event. It's not like it's an official origins ret-con OGers are bitching about.

Sam Wilson has never been or considered himself THE Captain America

4/23/17 1:35 PM
12/20/05
NO HE ISN'T THEY JIMUST REVEALED HE WAS A HYDRA AGENT THE WHOLE TIME REGARDLESS OF THE COSMIC CUBE.
4/24/17 9:53 AM
3/7/05
BIGWHITESEXY - NO HE ISN'T THEY JIMUST REVEALED HE WAS A HYDRA AGENT THE WHOLE TIME REGARDLESS OF THE COSMIC CUBE.

yes indeed. Apparently sagging sales just make them more determined to bet heavy on dumb story lines.
4/25/17 10:22 AM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - 
BIGWHITESEXY - NO HE ISN'T THEY JIMUST REVEALED HE WAS A HYDRA AGENT THE WHOLE TIME REGARDLESS OF THE COSMIC CUBE.

yes indeed. Apparently sagging sales just make them more determined to bet heavy on dumb story lines.

re: cap - correct.

re: sagging sales just make them more determined to be heavy on dumb story lines

Um...I don't think so.  I mean, yes, Marvel is going through with the redonkulous "Secret Empire" (which NONE of you had better by buying!), but given schedules and the like, they might not realistically have a choice.  But aside from that, the "Generations" event/series thingy seems like Marvel is committed to returning to original versions of their characters.

4/25/17 11:28 AM
3/7/05
Yeah there is a lag on when something is thought up to when it hits the stands, but they had plenty of time to think it over before they green lighted it in the first place. I give them no allowances, they had their chances. BURN THIS TO MOTHER TRUCKER TO THE GROUND!
4/25/17 12:56 PM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Yeah there is a lag on when something is thought up to when it hits the stands, but they had plenty of time to think it over before they green lighted it in the first place. I give them no allowances, they had their chances. BURN THIS TO MOTHER TRUCKER TO THE GROUND!

That's a perfectly reasonable approach to take.