GeekGround Marvel announces a marriage for June 20th, 2018

11/13/17 4:23 PM
1/1/01

From https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/13/marvel-comic-book-marriage-june-2018/

Black Panther and Storm, split. Scott Summers and Maddie Pryor, split (and turned into a Goblin Queen). Ant-Man and Wasp, split, with domestic abuse a factor. Reed Richards and Sue Storm are still together, but Reed is a now a cosmic being and above such concerns, or something. Only Northstar and Kyle Jinadu are still a married couple in the traditional sense of the word…

But Marvel Comics is announcing a wedding for two of its characters for the summer of 2018 — and ask you to save the date: June 20th.

Who could it be?

11/14/17 1:12 AM
10/27/05

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for a Bobby Drake and (trans version) Captain Marvel Carl Danvers wedding.

That has to sell copies right?

11/14/17 1:14 AM
10/27/05

My prediction for real?

Rogue and gambit. IIRC I saw a mock up of this pick taking place in Astonishing X-men, which has both characters in it, and they launch their own book next year.

11/14/17 9:17 AM
1/1/01
Thage - 

My prediction for real?

Rogue and gambit. IIRC I saw a mock up of this pick taking place in Astonishing X-men, which has both characters in it, and they launch their own book next year.

That's a pretty good guess...and I will be livid if it's true.

11/14/17 10:38 AM
3/7/05
Reed is a cosmic entity now? Didn't Sue cheat on him with Namor like a million times?
11/14/17 11:08 AM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Reed is a cosmic entity now? Didn't Sue cheat on him with Namor like a million times?

IDK about Reed being a cosmic entity.  That really doesn't make sense to me.  Yes, I understand at the end of Secret Wars, The Richards (Reed, Sue, Valeria, Franklin) are re-creating/exploring the cosmos.  If Reed is a cosmic entity, so is the rest of the family.

11/27/17 12:04 PM
2/9/14
Got to love how 3 out of 5 of those couples are no longer married. Its like they're saying that this marriage will only end in tears as well.
11/27/17 12:57 PM
1/1/01
JohnMc1 - Got to love how 3 out of 5 of those couples are no longer married. Its like they're saying that this marriage will only end in tears as well.

Not a fair count.  Scott is technically a widower as Jean was killed by Magneto.  Sue and Reed are still together, as is Northstar and Kyle.  So, 2 in 5 ended in tears...sort of.

The marriage of Storm and Black Panther was technically annulled, so it never really happened.  That brings us down to 1 in 5 ending in tears.

Anyhoo...at least Marvel lets their characters get married...mostly.  (I still remember The Pact!) 

11/27/17 3:51 PM
12/10/16

Probably Wiccan and Hulkling.

11/28/17 8:59 AM
1/1/01
Abradolf Lincler - 

Probably Wiccan and Hulkling.

Another really good guess.

11/28/17 6:05 PM
2/9/14
paw - 
JohnMc1 - Got to love how 3 out of 5 of those couples are no longer married. Its like they're saying that this marriage will only end in tears as well.

Not a fair count.  Scott is technically a widower as Jean was killed by Magneto.  Sue and Reed are still together, as is Northstar and Kyle.  So, 2 in 5 ended in tears...sort of.

The marriage of Storm and Black Panther was technically annulled, so it never really happened.  That brings us down to 1 in 5 ending in tears.

Anyhoo...at least Marvel lets their characters get married...mostly.  (I still remember The Pact!) 

Hank and Jane are divorced as well. Since they're bringing Jean back will that mean she'll still be married to Scott?
11/29/17 10:27 AM
1/1/01
JohnMc1 - 
paw - 

Hank and Jane are divorced as well. Since they're bringing Jean back will that mean she'll still be married to Scott?

Jean won't be married to Scott when she comes back.  First off, when she died, that ended the marriage.  And then Scott died so...there's that.