GeekGround Rumor Synder was fired, he didn't leave

2/11/18 10:20 AM
1/1/01
From https://www.cbr.com/rumor-zack-snyder-fired-justice-league/

A new rumor claims that Zack Snyder was fired by Warner Bros. from working on the DC Extended Universe prior to when he left during the production of Justice League.

A former entertainment reporter for Mashable, Josh L. Dickey, has indicated that Snyder was actually relieved of his duties by the studio over a year ago — before his official, public departure from the movie. Dickey claims to have known at the time but wasn’t permitted to report the news.

Since I'm shifting into DGAF mode, here's a hot one for ya: Zack Snyder was fired from the DCEU just over 1 year ago. Couldn't write it ~quite~ that way at the time, but was able to tapdance around it [clumsy/oblique headline not mine] https://t.co/7cht70rCaG

— Josh L. Dickey (@JLDlite) February 10, 2018

It has been reported numerous times over the past few months in some capacity that Snyder wouldn’t be returning to the DCEU, but nothing has been this decisive and clear-cut. Nonetheless, nothing official has been announced by Warner Bros. or Snyder, nor has it been confirmed in any capacity by either party.

Deep into filming Justice League, Snyder stepped back from the production and handed over the reins to Avengers director Joss Whedon. The movie was ultimately met with haphazard reviews from both critics and fans, and didn’t exactly light the box office on fire. The general thoughts among moviegoers was that it was inharmonious and rather messy, which can presumably be somewhat attributed to the change in direction.

At the time, Snyder explained his departure from the upcoming ensemble film as being a result of his daughter, Autumn Snyder, who took her own life in March of last year. “I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me,” Snyder said at the time. “In my mind, I thought it was a cathartic thing to go back to work, to just bury myself and see if that was way through it. The demands of this job are pretty intense. It is all consuming. And in the last two months I’ve come to the realization.”

Arriving Feb. 13 on digital HD and March 13 on Blu-ray and DVD, Justice League stars Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Ciarán Hinds as Steppenwolf, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon.

2/11/18 7:42 PM
1/1/01
I called it.
2/12/18 6:50 AM
6/8/08

I can believe that.

2/12/18 9:57 AM
3/7/05
Can't believe it took them that long.
2/12/18 10:31 AM
1/1/01
Let's see... That means it happened a year of so ago, which is about 4 years to late, since it should have been obvious that he didn't know what the fuck with the characters he was doing when he made Man of Steel.