GeekGround SPOILERS - Prof X......

7 days ago
1/1/01

Well, I'll let you read it.  Because I cannot bring myself to post it.

SPOILERS at this link

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/06/professor-xavier-returns-life-unexpected-way-astonishing-x-men-6-spoilers/

7 days ago
1/1/01

paw comments:  Prof. X is a horrible individual.  This one act has me hating him in a way I never thought possible. 

7 days ago
3/7/05
I don't even know who Fantomex is? Are they saying Fantomex was always Charles after he took the body of a brain dead patient?

And by the way, Fantomex, Phantom X, most transparent name ever.
7 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - I don't even know who Fantomex is? Are they saying Fantomex was always Charles after he took the body of a brain dead patient?

Fantomex was introduced during Morrison's run and used extensively during Uncanny X-Force.  I think they are saying Charles took over Fantomex's body -- effectively killing an innocent person, just so Charles can come back.  Now, I'd want to read the issue to be completely sure about that, but that certainly seems to be the case.

7 days ago
3/7/05
paw - 
BigWilliam - I don't even know who Fantomex is? Are they saying Fantomex was always Charles after he took the body of a brain dead patient?

Fantomex was introduced during Morrison's run and used extensively during Uncanny X-Force.  I think they are saying Charles took over Fantomex's body -- effectively killing an innocent person, just so Charles can come back.  Now, I'd want to read the issue to be completely sure about that, but that certainly seems to be the case.

So Marvel takes yet another hero and tries to make them into something else. There is room for the dark anti hero, but I think we have enough of them. And dark anti heroes need the shining example for the CONTRAST between them.
7 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - 
paw - 

So Marvel takes yet another hero and tries to make them into something else. There is room for the dark anti hero, but I think we have enough of them. And dark anti heroes need the shining example for the CONTRAST between them.

I don't believe "hero" fits Prof. X.  Not anymore - maybe not in a while. 

7 days ago
3/7/05
paw - 
BigWilliam - 
paw - 

I refuse to acknowledge bad Prof X. He will always be a good guy in my memories.
7 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - 
paw - 
BigWilliam - 
paw - 

I refuse to acknowledge bad Prof X. He will always be a good guy in my memories.

Would this be the same Professor X that had a unhealthy attraction to Jean when Lee and Kirby were still on X-Men?
7 days ago
3/7/05
I don't recall that happening, so I am guessing pre or post that?
7 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - I don't recall that happening, so I am guessing pre or post that?
Lee and Kirby did the first 14 issues of X-Men. It was mentioned in X-Men 4, in 1964. It was also referenced during the Onslaught crossover in 1995.

https://i-kinja--img-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/s/i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--9c-STpzp--/18lvnegyl5gtrpng.png

Professor X has always had questionable morals.
7 days ago
10/27/05

Eh, Fantomex wasn't great, and he even decided to mimic a french accent and in many ways talked/acted like Gambit.

Bit player who's only been around 15 years and was never really popular. I knew when Xavier was alive in the Astral Plane with the Shadow King that he was going to escape and come back somehow.

Being an Omega telepath, it isn't a leap that he would be able to infiltrate someones mind to come back since he still exists on the Astral Plane.

I guess it's better than him just reappearing.

6 days ago
1/1/01
Thage - 

Eh, Fantomex wasn't great, and he even decided to mimic a french accent and in many ways talked/acted like Gambit.

Bit player who's only been around 15 years and was never really popular. I knew when Xavier was alive in the Astral Plane with the Shadow King that he was going to escape and come back somehow.

Being an Omega telepath, it isn't a leap that he would be able to infiltrate someones mind to come back since he still exists on the Astral Plane.

Fantomex is waaaay better than Gambit.  Have you not read Remender's Uncanny X-Force?

6 days ago
1/1/01

I still haven't read the issue, but another review claims that Fantomex willingly sacrificed himself for Xaiver to return.  That alone is an act of redemption that trumps anything Gambit has ever done (or most of the X-Men, for that matter).

Assuming that account is true, Prof. X didn't murder anyone.  Still, f*** Prof. X.  He's still a horrible person, and the X-Men are better off with him dead.

4 days ago
6/30/09
paw -
Thage - 

Fantomex is waaaay better than Gambit.  Have you not read Remender's Uncanny X-Force?

Fantomex is easily one of my least favorite characters ever. Unoriginal from the start with powers and abilities tacked on as he goes. Prof X gets some brownie points for taking that stupid character off the stage.
3 days ago
12/10/16

I loved Fantomex during Uncanny X-Force when he was teamed up with Wolverine, Deadpool etc. 

2 days ago
1/1/01
Abradolf Lincler - 

I loved Fantomex during Uncanny X-Force when he was teamed up with Wolverine, Deadpool etc.