GeekGround Shazam filming wraps

Edited: 8 days ago
6/1/07
Once Aquaman is in cinemas this Christmas, the next film on the DC slate from Warner Bros is Shazam. The movie has been shooting this year under the guardianship of director David F Sandberg. Zachary Levi has taken the lead role. And now? Filming is complete.

Production wrapped up in Toronto ahead of the traditional extensive post-production phase. And Sandberg marked the end of filming with a post to his Instagram account.

With a cast that also includes Mark Strong, Michelle Borth, Adam Brody and Ross Butler, the movie is earmarked for release on April 5th 2019. Expect a first trailer closer to Christmas…

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/shazam/57685/shazam-filming-wraps-on-next-dc-comics-adaptation
8 days ago
6/1/07
Not sure I'm going to be able to accept Chuck as Shazam, but Mark Strong as Thaddeus Sivana is a casting home run.
7 days ago
1/1/01

Well, it’s wrapped until the test screenings and weeks of reshoots

7 days ago
11/15/05

I am not excited at all for this, and I like shazam. no black Adam just shows you how damn dumb wb/DC really are.

7 days ago
3/7/05
Didn't they sign the Rock for Black Adam like a decade ago?
6 days ago
6/1/07
Silhouette - 

I am not excited at all for this, and I like shazam. no black Adam just shows you how damn dumb wb/DC really are.

No Black Adam makes perfect sense for a Shazam origin story. Doctor Sivana was Captain Marvel's main bad guy for 30+ years before DC developed Black Adam into more than just a throwaway one-off character.
6 days ago
11/15/05
Steve4192 -
Silhouette - 

No Black Adam makes perfect sense for a Shazam origin story. Doctor Sivana was Captain Marvel's main bad guy for 30+ years before DC developed Black Adam into more than just a throwaway one-off character.

I know who the doctor is and he works well in the comics, but black Adam could be worked in just like the Superman vs shazam short perfectly.

Using black Adam, you could have so much more world building and like you said Adam is a much more popular character now