GeekGround WTF?!?!? Marvel (Thor related)

6/13/18 11:18 AM
1/1/01

SPOILERS

NEXT POST

6/13/18 11:18 AM
1/1/01

I can't bring myself to copy/pasta this.

Go to https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/13/jason-aaron-christian-ward-donny-cates-thanos-thor-1-major-spoilers/

6/13/18 11:38 AM
1/1/01
As Keith Giffen's Justice League characters were known to say...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That seems like something a 5 year old would dream up.
6/13/18 2:07 PM
3/7/05
So.... he has the power of the phoenix and somehow the claws are still important? Good call marvel. But hey at least Jean Grey can always put him in check if need be, she can EASILY overpower the phoenix you know.
6/13/18 3:01 PM
11/9/09
Haha, Marvel is becoming more like that xenowhatever comic that someone from the GG drew up years ago. Can someone link/bump it?
6/13/18 6:27 PM
8/20/16

I have no idea what the fuck is going on. I haven't read anything about Thor for months now. I thought the original Thor was back, but a bunch of dialogue makes me think he's another person  merely weilding the power (like Jane Foster was), but then other dialogue makes him sound like the real deal. He's missing an arm and lives with his dog in a derelict fishing boat tied to a pier? What the flying fuck am I reading?

As for the Wolverine / Phoenix thing, it just sounds like they're trying to come up with interesting ideas that the fans will shell out money for. Like when they made Frank Castle the Ghost Rider / herald of Galactus. I used to read What If for this stuff; I never wanted it showing up in actual comics continuity.

6/13/18 8:15 PM
9/30/12
blabbermouth -

I have no idea what the fuck is going on. I haven't read anything about Thor for months now. I thought the original Thor was back, but a bunch of dialogue makes me think he's another person  merely weilding the power (like Jane Foster was), but then other dialogue makes him sound like the real deal. He's missing an arm and lives with his dog in a derelict fishing boat tied to a pier? What the flying fuck am I reading?

As for the Wolverine / Phoenix thing, it just sounds like they're trying to come up with interesting ideas that the fans will shell out money for. Like when they made Frank Castle the Ghost Rider / herald of Galactus. I used to read What If for this stuff; I never wanted it showing up in actual comics continuity.

I have long said marvel needs to bring back the 'what if' line. They can still make up whatever crazy shit they want, still sell the stories, and not completely ruin the established characters.  Alot of this shit is a joke. Cosmic ghost rider? Sounds cool as a what if. Not as continuity. Jane as Thor? They did that what if. It didn't need a run and to replace Thor for some bullshit reason. Hydra cap....no, anything from the last 20 years with Jean ..... No. So many no's. Oh and FUUUUUUUUCK all this venom shit. If I never see another venom again it would be too soon. So fucking beyond done with all this venom-venomverse-edgeofthevenverse-venomized-symbiote-agentvenom- venom venom venom venom variants venomized variants fuckfuckfuckfuck just stop 

6/13/18 8:55 PM
8/20/16
Uncle Rukus -
blabbermouth -

I have long said marvel needs to bring back the 'what if' line. They can still make up whatever crazy shit they want, still sell the stories, and not completely ruin the established characters.  Alot of this shit is a joke. Cosmic ghost rider? Sounds cool as a what if. Not as continuity. Jane as Thor? They did that what if. It didn't need a run and to replace Thor for some bullshit reason. Hydra cap....no, anything from the last 20 years with Jean ..... No. So many no's. Oh and FUUUUUUUUCK all this venom shit. If I never see another venom again it would be too soon. So fucking beyond done with all this venom-venomverse-edgeofthevenverse-venomized-symbiote-agentvenom- venom venom venom venom variants venomized variants fuckfuckfuckfuck just stop 

I totally agree. I blame Mark Millar for getting this ball rolling. Him, and the fact all the people who created teh characters retired, leaving the industry to be run by people who don't feel protective of the characters at all and will publish anything for a buck.

6/13/18 10:54 PM
9/14/12

Lol at the claws.  What happened to Thor’s arm? 

6/14/18 9:24 AM
1/1/01
Mr Sizzzz - 

Lol at the claws.  What happened to Thor’s arm? 

Thor lost his arm fairly early on in Aaron's run on Thor.  It was cut off in battle with Frost Giants and Malekith.

6/14/18 9:43 AM
8/20/16

Hulkverine vs Wolverphoenix. You know it's coming.

6/14/18 9:46 AM
1/1/01
blabbermouth - 

Hulkverine is one of the dumbest characters ever.  Wolverphoenix might be number two.

6/15/18 2:35 AM
6/8/08
paw -
blabbermouth - 

Hulkverine is one of the dumbest characters ever.  Wolverphoenix might be number two.

But did you do the math correctly? 

Hulkverine has Hulk in there. How much do you hate or love the Hulk?

Wolverphoenix has Phoenix in there....

==> Should Wolverphoenix not be no1?

I can't read or watch wolverine anymore. For a long while now. I'm so done with that character, everything that used to be cool, interesting etc has been destroyed by the countless versions, deaths, nondeaths etc. 

Same goes for the movies. X-men and Wolverine, he's always a stupid bar fighting idiot with a healing factor. He's not clearly faster than his agressors, his instincts never are that of an animal, he never feels much stronger and more ferocious than even the normal henchman he fights. Old man logan is the only exception. And when he faces a real skilled enemy that ALSO has a weapon, let's say a skilled samurai, he LOSES badly (but since he has god mode /on he ends up "winning"). 

Phoenix? Well lol. 

So you know who my No1 is!

6/22/18 11:41 AM
3/7/05
JohnMc1 - Is there anyone at Marvel capable of saying No to these bad ideas?

If there was they are probably working on the MCU now. You know the Marvel that doesn't suck!
Edited: 6/22/18 11:13 PM
5/11/04
You guys have no sense of humor...that shit is hilarious...and awesome...and hilarious !

"Hey, bub...Welcome to the end of time."

WTF

lol
Edited: 6/23/18 10:59 AM
5/11/04
The comic stories were in a huge upswing just prior to the SJW wave that hit a few years ago...Things are definitely ALOT better now than they were the past couple of years. They will need time to recover. At least the classics are back. The way they've been reintroducing Wolverine with the Infinity Stone, impaling Loki's head,has been pretty badass...About time the character got some respect to match his billing.
6/23/18 7:08 PM
1/1/01
SKARHEAD - The comic stories were in a huge upswing just prior to the SJW wave that hit a few years ago...Things are definitely ALOT better now than they were the past couple of years. They will need time to recover. At least the classics are back. The way they've been reintroducing Wolverine with the Infinity Stone, impaling Loki's head,has been pretty badass...About time the character got some respect to match his billing.

Nice post.

6/30/18 12:23 PM
8/20/16

lol I'm tapping out of this Thor series. The tipping point was when his goats were driving Baldur's monster truck of the gods and, combined with the art, I momentarily thought I was reading a Mad Magazine parody.