OtherGround Forums 1st female Navy Seal candidate quits after week.

8 days ago
8/18/13

http://www.dailywire.com/news/19610/candidate-set-be-first-female-navy-seal-quits-amanda-prestigiacomo?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

8 days ago
1/1/01

Not unexpected. Don't like half of the participants drop in that time period?

8 days ago
10/31/10

Pussy

8 days ago
1/1/01
Regardless of everything else, I have respect for her for having the courage to try.
8 days ago
1/1/01
Not surprising. The vast majority of men would quit, too.
8 days ago
2/25/09

cant be didnt that one girl make it against the odds and the master chief leanrned his lesson after?

Edited: 8 days ago
1/1/01
buddie - Regardless of everything else, I have respect for her for having the courage to try.

Absolutely. 

8 days ago
10/15/13
buddie - Regardless of everything else, I have respect for her for having the courage to try.

This.

But i hope it stops with her......just saying

8 days ago
5/22/15
buddie - Regardless of everything else, I have respect for her for having the courage to try.

There's that, but there is still everything else. Allocation of resources, practical application, etc.. you know, reality. Regardless of feelings.
8 days ago
1/1/01

Way to step up sailor!

8 days ago
7/27/11

It was SOAS, but still, very cool...

8 days ago
1/1/01
what percent of candidates survive week one?

It's easy to jump on this but if a large percent of men drop out too, makes it a smaller deal
8 days ago
5/22/15
kungfugrip - what percent of candidates survive week one?

It's easy to jump on this but if a large percent of men drop out too, makes it a smaller deal

You could've just quoted DaveFu with a simple "."
8 days ago
3/18/05
Did any male candidates drop out before her?
8 days ago
1/1/01
About 25% make it past week 3, not sure how many drop out of week 1.
8 days ago
1/1/01
She never even made it to BUD's to be able to drop in week one.

""The candidate who dropped out was enrolled in the Navy SEAL Officer Assessment and Selection program. If she had completed the program, she would have faced an officer selection panel and the Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL program, or BUD/S, a six-month training course for the elite special operators."
8 days ago
5/24/10
nimitivd - She never even made it to BUD's to be able to drop in week one.

""The candidate who dropped out was enrolled in the Navy SEAL Officer Assessment and Selection program. If she had completed the program, she would have faced an officer selection panel and the Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL program, or BUD/S, a six-month training course for the elite special operators."

Jesus... 

8 days ago
6/12/00

respect for trying? 

OK, I'll try to be Miss America, or maybe I'll try to make the USA Women's Soccer team. 

Put some respek on my name.

So she signed on, tried, couldn't do the shit.  Respect?  Did anyone THINK she'd be able to make it?

Would you want a woman to be the person next to you who has to drag your shot ass to cover?

OK then.

8 days ago
1/1/01
SOAS WEEK ONE: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Week one is currently optional but highly recommended for Officer Candidate School applicants.

1. Introduction to NSW
2. General physical training with NSW Group 1 and local SEAL Team
3. Briefing and information sessions
4. Exposure to SEAL Team organization and home port operations.

Thats what she quit from. She quit from a heres what SEALs are seminar.

source:http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-officer-assessment-selection.html
8 days ago
1/1/01
nimitivd - She never even made it to BUD's to be able to drop in week one.

I'd be getting reclassed like a mofo. I didn't even make it through airborne, though.

The training curriculum begins at Naval Special Warfare Preparatory School in Great Lakes, Illinois. Here, aspiring SEALs are given a crash course in the physical standards required to even attempt to become a SEAL.
It starts with the initial Physical Screening Test and ends with a more demanding Physical Screening Test, one that includes a timed four-mile run and a timed 1,000-meter swim. The goal is to increase the SEAL candidates' physical readiness between the two tests so that they are ready to move on to Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) Training. Those unable to pass the final test are removed from the SEAL training pipeline and reclassified into other jobs in the Navy.
8 days ago
6/12/00
nimitivd - SOAS WEEK ONE: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Week one is currently optional but highly recommended for Officer Candidate School applicants.

1. Introduction to NSW
2. General physical training with NSW Group 1 and local SEAL Team
3. Briefing and information sessions
4. Exposure to SEAL Team organization and home port operations.

Thats what she quit from. She quit from a heres what SEALs are seminar.

source:http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-officer-assessment-selection.html

#warrior

8 days ago
1/25/04
mestregruber - Not surprising. The vast majority of men would quit, too.

Most of the men that tried passed

8 days ago
1/24/10
White347LX - About 25% make it past week 3, not sure how many drop out of week 1.
That's week three of actual BUD/S which is hell week she didn't even make it to buds she was in INDOC which is like the warm up before starting BUD/S
Edited: 8 days ago
1/1/01
She didn't even make it past pre-screening, with is there to stop obese clerks and pastry chefs from clogging up the selection process.
8 days ago
1/1/01
Squatdog - She didn't even make it past pre-screening, with is there to stop obese clerks and pastry chefs from clogging up the selection process.

I recall one 'pastry chef'  by the name of Casey Ryback who seemed to do OK.