OtherGround Forums 21 yo dude DEAD from FLU

1/11/18 7:20 PM
6/30/09
TryhardNobody -
Jambo888 -

The 1918 flu pandemic (January 1918 – December 1920) was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic, the first of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus.[1] It infected 500 million people around the world,[2] including remote Pacific islands and the Arctic, and resulted in the deaths of 50 to 100 million (three to five percent of the world's population),[3] making it one of the deadliest natural disasters in human history.[4][5][6] Disease had already greatly limited life expectancy in the early 20th century. A considerable spike occurred in the first year of the pandemic. Life expectancy in the United States dropped by about 12 years.[7][8][9][10]

Most influenza outbreaks disproportionately kill juvenile, elderly, or already weakened patients; in contrast, the 1918 pandemic predominantly killed previously healthy young adults.

There are several possible explanations for the high mortality rate of the 1918 influenza pandemic. Some research suggests that the specific variant of the virus had an unusually aggressive nature. One group of researchers recovered the virus from the bodies of frozen victims, and found that transfection in animals caused a rapid progressive respiratory failure and death through a cytokine storm (overreaction of the body's immune system). It was then postulated that the strong immune reactions of young adults ravaged the body, whereas the weaker immune systems of children and middle-aged adults resulted in fewer deaths among those groups.[11]

More recent investigations, mainly based on original medical reports from the period of the pandemic,[12][13] found that the viral infection itself was not more aggressive than any previous influenza, but that the special circumstances (malnourishment, overcrowded medical camps and hospitals, poor hygiene) promoted bacterial superinfection that killed most of the victims typically after a somewhat prolonged death bed.[14][15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

My next screen name.......cytokine storm

I might go with sepsis

1/11/18 7:22 PM
11/21/05
ausgepicht - 
dhughes - 
ausgepicht - 
dhughes - 
ausgepicht -
dhughes - 
ausgepicht - "When I get back from my Flat Earth Society meeting, I am going to learn you about vaxxes and sciences, Hitler!" - Libtards

Lol wtf? This guy’s a loon!

No one likes a crybaby mod. And you care, because your posting about what I said, libtard.

There’s only one person crying in my thread and it’s you about libtards. Go repost this in your Nazi/DeepState/AntiVax Facebook group. 

Slutever, you say crytard.

Grab yourself a sense of humor while you're on your way to knitting class with the ladies.

Since you're clearly stupid, I was agreeing with you - so what are you CRYING about, creme puff?

I didn't come into this thread to be AGREED WITH!!!  I'm handing out vaxs and bubblecum.  Guess which one I'm out of?

Eww. Bubblecum sounds gross.

I mean, how do I go about getting some?

It takes seven years and lot of sucking....

1/11/18 7:44 PM
9/19/16

Stopped at page 2, but holy shit dhughes is top 5 faggotiest pussies on the entire interweb

1/11/18 7:45 PM
11/21/05
AnericanFootball - 

Stopped at page 2, but holy shit dhughes is top 5 faggotiest pussies on the entire interweb

Take that back!!!!  I'm number ONE!

1/11/18 7:50 PM
6/3/09
ausgepicht -
dhughes - 
ausgepicht - "When I get back from my Flat Earth Society meeting, I am going to learn you about vaxxes and sciences, Hitler!" - Libtards

Lol wtf? This guy’s a loon!

No one likes a crybaby mod. And you care, because your posting about what I said, libtard.

you're*

1/11/18 7:52 PM
11/21/05

^^^REKT!!!!!

1/11/18 7:53 PM
6/17/11
dhughes -

FRAT: Healthy kid died from organ failure due to the Flu.

Get a flu shot.

Horseshit you fakenews fella

he has fever, untreated, for multiple days 

1/11/18 7:56 PM
11/21/05
mihow - 
dhughes -

Get a flu shot.

Horseshit you fakenews fella

he has fever, untreated, for multiple days 

I'll take your temperature, buddy.

1/11/18 7:58 PM
12/27/11

God you are literally fucking retarded with your binary thinking.

How about people get vaccinations for the shit they should. You know, measles and polio and shit like that.

But the second you say don't get a flu shot - you're an antivaxer. Or, I'm not a fucking idiot.

Go walk into oncoming traffic.

1/11/18 8:02 PM
11/21/05
Kansas City Shuffle - 

How about people get vaccinations for the shit they should. You know, measles and polio and shit like that.

But the second you say don't get a flu shot - you're an antivaxer. Or, I'm not a fucking idiot.

Oh my gosh!  My kids and parents would honestly be devastated if that happened to me.  I've got an 11 and 15 year old who absolutely adore me.  The thought of them being alone is horrible.  It would, at this age, honestly destroy them, I think.

We may disagree on this topic but I wish nothing but good health for you and your family.

1/11/18 8:04 PM
11/21/05

The idea that there is someone out there hoping that I literally die, is really disturbing.

1/11/18 8:04 PM
2/5/13

Crossfit killed him

1/11/18 8:05 PM
6/13/15
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental -

Fact flu shots are at best a guess of what strain will be spread from year to year, most times they’re off. 

Fuck the flu shot. 

This. They missed it this year also. A different strain was the majority of cases. With that said it's still a good idea to get the shot.

1/11/18 8:07 PM
6/13/03
1/11/18 8:10 PM
6/26/17
GOAT St. Pierre - WASH YOUR HANDS YOU FILTHY FUCKS

I have pink eye

1/11/18 8:12 PM
6/15/16
Kansas City Shuffle -

Hey fuckface, I’m NEF and you now have my full attention!!

Care to keep talkin’ boy!!

Come on boy, talk some shit!!!!

Make this fun for me, or shut your fucking mouth boy!!!!!

1/11/18 8:16 PM
11/21/05

Thanks, NEF.  I'm about to delete this thread after the multiple death threats.  I was just trying to help people.  :/

1/11/18 8:20 PM
6/19/12

Bubblecum made me spit out my beer.

1/11/18 8:24 PM
11/21/05
ABCTT_zebers3 - 

Bubblecum made me spit out my beer.

It IS... an aquired taste, some say.

1/11/18 8:28 PM
1/1/01
PatK -
dhughes - 

Get a flu shot.

I did.

I also got the flu.

More important than getting a flu shot is recognizing your symptoms and seeing a doctor before things get out of control.

It's sad that this kid died, but he ignored the symptoms and continued on like business as usual.

This. If you get sick and are exhibiting flu symptoms, ESPECIALLY the fever go to the god damn doctor. 

I’m 37 and have only been severely sick twice in my life and both were the exact same year I got s flu shot. I don’t get them anymore and i haven’t been devastatingly sick since. BUT i still think everyone should get a flu shot unless they have their own personal experience and think otherwise. 

1/11/18 8:29 PM
12/15/11

RIP

1/11/18 8:32 PM
5/5/07

This year the H3N2 strain is the one fucking people over.

it has ravaged the south and is now making its way up north.   I just got my first admitted case of influenza today.

Most don’t need admission and do fine.   This strain seems to be very deadly this year .   Had a friend who is doing pulmonary fellowship have a 28 year old die from complications including necrotizing pneumonia .

most people don’t die from the flu itself but from complications from it including multilorgan failure, respiratory failure and pneumonia’s which tend to be aggressive like MRSA Pna.

the flu shot itself is really a crapshoot based on probable strains to hit in upcoming season.   Some seasons they suck.   Last year was decent we started seeing flu more in the months of March.    The prior year it was abysmal and had a shit affective rate.

This year seems to be useless as well for the most common strain affecting people that is the h3n2.

my personal medical recommendation would be get flu shot if you got risk factors that make u more prone to infections .  The elderly, chronic medical issues , etc.

if you are healthy then you can potentially take the chance of not getting it.   I’m ok with this. 

Flu is no joke and should never be taken lightly.   I’m required by profession to get it yearly even tho I hate them shots but fortunately even in high risk job, haven’t acquired the flu from any of my patients yet.

Stay safe people, this year is proving to be a very deadly year without much let up. 

1/11/18 8:39 PM
6/15/16
dhughes -

Thanks, NEF.  I'm about to delete this thread after the multiple death threats.  I was just trying to help people.  :/

Do it brother!!

I’m about to destroy this fuckers credit, bank account  and his life for saying that shit!!!

1/11/18 8:41 PM
3/23/12
dhughes - 
FETT_Loadin76_TFK - 
dhughes -
FETT_Loadin76_TFK - 
dhughes -
Paramount Donkey -
FETT_Loadin76_TFK - Fuck the flu shot
This.

I’ve got no problem with this. Just stay home for the next 4 months and don’t go anywhere near other people. Simple. 

Pffft 20 years of mandatory flu shots in the Air Force, 2o years worth of flu/flu like symptoms. 2 years of no flu shot, no flu/flu like symptoms...

Fuck the the flu shot

YOU DID IT!!!  YOU BEAT SCIENCE!!!

*fireworks*

*whiskey flowing like the river*

*Three girls for EVERY boy*

lol ya goof

Now let me be clear, all other vaccines 100% on board with and up to date... and yes my no flu stance is purely out of stubborness

I'm just fookin aboot, obviously.  But I do hope everyone gets their yearly vaxes.  I got flu and pneumonia vacs this year.

Can you explain the pneumonia vaccine to me? Pneumonia is a symptom, not a virus. How do you vaccinate against a symptom?
1/11/18 8:44 PM
2/7/13
dhughes -

The idea that there is someone out there hoping that I literally die, is really disturbing.

Yeah a bit harsh even for an insufferable twat like you. I just wish the flu on you. Whatever happens if you live or die from it will sway my opinion on flu shots.