OtherGround Forums Australian discovers shouldn't mess with US cops

10 days ago
5/22/05
A 40-year-old woman who family members said called 911 to report a possible assault in the alley Saturday night was fatally shot by a Minneapolis police officer, according to authorities and the woman’s soon-to-be stepson.

The shooting happened at the south end of the alley on W. 51st Street between Washburn and Xerxes avenues S. in the city’s Fulton neighborhood. The woman, an Australian native, and her fiancé lived in the 5000 block of Washburn. They had planned to marry in August, a family friend said.

http://www.startribune.com/woman-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-in-south-minneapolis/434782213/#1
10 days ago
5/22/05
Oh and conveniently their body cams were turned off:
10 days ago
3/14/04
banco - Oh and conveniently their body cams were turned off:

Body cams will never work until they make it a crime for cops to turn them off or to not immediately report a "malfunction."

10 days ago
3/14/04

From the article...    

"Arradondo confirmed that the officer body cam program is fully rolled out in Minneapolis, but declined to say more about why there is no footage of the shooting."

No excuse for those bodycams being off.  That should be obstruction and felony tampering with evidence. 

10 days ago
3/21/12
She could've made a threatening physical or verbal gesture towards the officers, I'm not going to judge an officer for just trying to make it home to their family.
10 days ago
5/22/05
TzTinkle - She could've made a threatening physical or verbal gesture towards the officers, I'm not going to judge an officer for just trying to make it home to their family.

She looked pretty intimidating in the picture. Never know who you'll run into on the streets of Minnneapolis.
10 days ago
7/15/04
Why did they shoot her?
9 days ago
10/25/14

AussieLivesMatter

9 days ago
5/22/05
This is a doozy even for American cops:

Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver's side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver's side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.

http://www.startribune.com/woman-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-in-south-minneapolis/434782213/#1
9 days ago
3/31/14

Crikey!!

9 days ago
10/7/11
What's the story about this. I read a couple articles and it was quite vague. She called the cops and then she was shot?
9 days ago
10/7/11
banco - This is a doozy even for American cops:

Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver's side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver's side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.

Fuck sake Banco's post wasn't there when I commented. Fucking app
9 days ago
12/29/10
What is the purpose of having bodycams that are turned off ? Massive fuck up and unless she confronted the cops with a knife or gun then they should go down for manslaughter.
9 days ago
1/1/01
TzTinkle - She could've made a threatening physical or verbal gesture towards the officers, I'm not going to judge an officer for just trying to make it home to their family.

Not quite sure if your serious 

9 days ago
1/1/01
Snakey89 - What is the purpose of having bodycams that are turned off ? Massive fuck up and unless she confronted the cops with a knife or gun then they should go down for manslaughter.

Let's say if she did have a knife. Since she called them that means she must be a disturbed individual. They were still in their car. There hs to be a better tactic than opening fire from inside the car

if she had a gun, understandable. 

9 days ago
1/1/01
pharochuck - 
TzTinkle - She could've made a threatening physical or verbal gesture towards the officers, I'm not going to judge an officer for just trying to make it home to their family.

Not quite sure if your serious 

Hes repeating the standard police mantra.
9 days ago
12/29/10
pharochuck -
Snakey89 - What is the purpose of having bodycams that are turned off ? Massive fuck up and unless she confronted the cops with a knife or gun then they should go down for manslaughter.

Let's say if she did have a knife. Since she called them that means she must be a disturbed individual. They were still in their car. There hs to be a better tactic than opening fire from inside the car

if she had a gun, understandable. 

Definitely agree mate. Im not sure theres any excuse for this fuck up.
9 days ago
11/1/10

Body cams aren't usually on 24/7. I can't speak specifically to their program, but they're usually turned on when they exit a vehicle to make contact with somebody. If they never got out, things probably happened too fast to turn them on. 

It's much cheaper for the town/city to only have them turned on once you exit the vehicle. 

9 days ago
5/22/05
torubu - 

Body cams aren't usually on 24/7. I can't speak specifically to their program, but they're usually turned on when they exit a vehicle to make contact with somebody. If they never got out, things probably happened too fast to turn them on. 

It's much cheaper for the town/city to only have them turned on once you exit the vehicle. 

They leave them off when they do drivebys in Minneapolis I guess.
9 days ago
1/1/01
Crazy
9 days ago
1/1/01
torubu -

There should still be audio at least from the vehicle's camera.
9 days ago
6/26/06
Fair warning, you come at cops here with that dingo ate yo baby bullshit you will be dealt with. Good shoot.
9 days ago
10/15/13

Her Fiancee and Step Son.

9 days ago
10/15/13
RenatoCocopreta - Fair warning, you come at cops here with that dingo ate yo baby bullshit you will be dealt with. Good shoot.

Conduct yourself accordingly assface

9 days ago
10/15/13
banco - This is a doozy even for American cops:

He just wanted to get home to his family!!!!