OtherGround Forums Bill O'Reilly is out. What a shame.

Edited: 6 days ago
4/20/11

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-fox-news-has-decided-bill-oreilly-has-to-go.html

Sources: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go

The Murdochs have decided Bill O’Reilly’s 21-year run at Fox News will come to an end. According to sources briefed on the discussions, network executives are preparing to announce O’Reilly’s departure before he returns from an Italian vacation on April 24. Now the big questions are how the exit will look and who will replace him.

Wednesday morning, according to sources, executives are holding emergency meetings to discuss how they can sever the relationship with the country’s highest-rated cable-news host without causing collateral damage to the network. The board of Fox News’ parent company, 21st Century Fox, is scheduled to meet on Thursday to discuss the matter.

Sources briefed on the discussions say O’Reilly’s exit negotiations are moving quickly. Right now, a key issue on the table is whether he would be allowed to say good-bye to his audience, perhaps the most loyal in all of cable (O’Reilly’s ratings have ticked up during the sexual-harassment allegations). Fox executives are leaning against allowing him to have a sign-off, sources say. The other main issue on the table is money. O’Reilly recently signed a new multiyear contract worth more than $20 million per year. When Roger Ailes left Fox News last summer, the Murdochs paid out $40 million, the remainder of his contract.

According to sources, Fox News wants the transition to be seamless. Executives are currently debating possible replacement hosts. Names that have been discussed include Eric Bolling, Dana Perino, and Tucker Carlson, who would move from his successful 9 p.m. slot and create a need for a new host at that time. One source said Sean Hannity is happy at 10 p.m. and would not want to move.

The Murdochs’ decision to dump O’Reilly shocked many Fox News staffers I’ve spoken to in recent days. Late last week, the feeling inside the company was that Rupert Murdoch would prevail over his son James, who lobbied to jettison the embattled host. It’s still unclear exactly how the tide turned. According to one source, Lachlan Murdoch’s wife helped convince her husband that O’Reilly needed to go, which moved Lachlan into James’s corner. The source added that senior executives at other divisions within the Murdoch empire have complained that if O’Reilly’s allegations had happened to anyone else at their companies, that person would be gone already.

Spokespersons for 21st Century Fox and Fox News did not respond to requests for comment, nor did O’Reilly’s agent, Carole Cooper.

4/20/11

Considering his career it'd be an absolute shame if they don't let him go on air one last time to classily sign off. 

6 days ago
3/21/12
Damn, can't believe someone finally cut his mic.
6 days ago
7/1/15

Smh there goes my viership of Fox news.  Bet their ratings drop.  People like me really only watched Bill and Sean.

6 days ago
7/26/07

See ya later Felicia

7/26/07
Willin - 

Considering his career it'd be an absolute shame if they don't let him go on air one last time to classily sign off. 

Except there is absolutely nothing "classy" about Bill O'Reilly

Never has been, I mean, your gif right here is proof of that

Guy has been a toxic douche where ever he's been, and other douche's like him.

He's like a lightning rod for assholes

6 days ago
1/14/07
O'Reilly podcast incoming....
6 days ago
8/1/10

Everyone knows he's a fucking asshole, is anyone really surprised that egomaniac finally got himself shitcanned?

6 days ago
7/26/07
Sultry Crockett - 

Everyone knows he's a fucking asshole, is anyone really surprised that egomaniac finally got himself shitcanned?

Apparently OP is
6 days ago
2/6/13

Never paid much attention to Bill, but I'll just assume that he has contributed greatly to the political mess in this country and throw out a [mattserra.jpg].

6 days ago
4/20/11
Chimonos Revenge -
Willin - 

You are bitch made.

6 days ago
7/26/07
Willin - 
Chimonos Revenge -
Willin - 

You are bitch made.

Cry about it snowflake
6 days ago
11/12/16
Would like to see fox moving in a younger direction. Gavin... Ben...
6 days ago
2/7/08
Wonder who they're gonna' fill that time slot with? When Megyn Kelly left, it worked out great for Tucker.
6 days ago
1/1/01
Greg Gutfeld's Unicorn Zone!

Make it happen Fox News!
6 days ago
3/5/14
Willin -
Chimonos Revenge -
Willin - 

You are bitch made.

Call the wambulance that your hypocrite, asshole douchebag doesn't have a show anymore.  Boohoo. I'm sure everyone that had to work with him will sorely miss his cheery demeaner and respect for others.

4/20/11
theBEAToff - Wonder who they"re gonna" fill that time slot with? When Megyn Kelly left, it worked out great for Tucker.

Move Tucker to that spot, give Dana Perino a show. She's sharp as a tack and pretty hot.

Or move Martha Maccallum to that spot:

Or hire Dana Loesch:

6 days ago
6/10/10

6 days ago
6/10/10
Willin - 
theBEAToff - Wonder who they"re gonna" fill that time slot with? When Megyn Kelly left, it worked out great for Tucker.

Move Tucker to that spot, give Dana Perino a show. She's sharp as a tack and pretty hot.

Or hire Dana Loesch:

I vote for red shirt with the big knockers!

6 days ago
4/20/11
mixedmartialfarts -
Willin - 

Or hire Dana Loesch:

I vote for red shirt with the big knockers!

Wheeler Walker Jr. - "Drop 'Em Out"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rinZIBaDX6A

6 days ago
1/1/01

Give his spot to Tucker and Tucker's spot to Ben Shapiro.

6 days ago
4/22/03

6 days ago
9/20/07

Dislike him if you want. But he's the BEST interviewer in the game... He's the Only person in all of media who can do legit interviews with powerful people.. 

6 days ago
7/26/07
Marion Cobretti - 

Dislike him if you want. But he's the BEST interviewer in the game... He's the Only person in all of media who can do legit interviews with powerful people.. 

Except whenever anyone offers up a point contrary to his, he yells over them and drowns them out.
6 days ago
2/6/13

I think it's time to call up Mr. Alex motherfuckin' Jones. I bet he doubles Bill's ratings.