OtherGround Forums Black Holes, a Size Comparison

3 days ago
2/24/10

3 days ago
2/5/06
later
3 days ago
1/28/12

Ya. They re pretty.. Pretty.. Pretty big.

:O

3 days ago
10/17/07
Toynbee idea 2001 movie resurrect dead on planet jupiter.
3 days ago
2/16/10
Crazy to think how massive the universe is
3 days ago
6/30/14
zackthewop - Crazy to think how massive the universe is

really unfathomable

there is no point of reference

we can watch videos like that and say "wow, earth is big, sun is bigger, this star even bigger, etc" but it is so goddamn large it does not even make sense

just...massive
3 days ago
1/28/12

You know. Sometimes i get to thinkin', guys..

The way everything works in the universe from the way black holes sustsin galaxies and then the galaxies form their own clusters and the way everything had to be so perfect for it all to occur .. From the grand scale down to how cells operate and swim.

It all seems designed. This is not chaos. Chaos did not create this.

There has to be a creator. Not the judeo christian creation and perhaps not even am omnipotent being.

And i also believe the same way numbers never end, size never ends. Size and time are relative to proportion. I believe that our fringe discoveries of multiple universes is akin to multiple cells in a being. I wouldn't be surprised if we ARE inside our creator.

This is not chaos. I just can't believe in that. The evidence is not there.

Edited: 3 days ago
11/9/10

The mass of 20billIion suns is fucking unfathomable. 

3 days ago
8/15/07
LOL @ New York City being a small town. Get the fuck outta here with this pseudo-science bullshit.
3 days ago
6/30/14
VinegarStrokes - 

The mass of 20billIion suns is fucking unfathomable. 

yeah, mind-blowing

and that black hole was thousands of times larger than our solar system. just think how big our solar system is

and that black hole is out, with other that size too, in vast areas of space to where the black hole is not even that large, compared to what is around it

my ti-83+ is fucking useless when it comes to space math
3 days ago
7/4/09
Very cool OP. Thanks for sharing.
3 days ago
10/4/15
Eeep
3 days ago
1/25/04

3 days ago
9/8/02
When you talk about sizes and figures that big, it loses meaning to me. A space the size of 200 billion suns...can't compute.
11/5/03
Thread title got me very excited.

Thread's content was not what I was expecting.

Not sure if I should put my pants back on or not.
3 days ago
6/6/11

Fapped to that, took a while but the final message got me 

3 days ago
9/22/16
Didn't see how it compares to Hope Solo's asshole.
3 days ago
6/30/14
jcblass - When you talk about sizes and figures that big, it loses meaning to me. A space the size of 200 billion suns...can't compute.

I thought video said it has the mass/weight of 200 billion (o whatever the number was) suns, not the size?
3 days ago
1/1/01
Awesome
2/24/10
TFK_Fanboy -
jcblass - When you talk about sizes and figures that big, it loses meaning to me. A space the size of 200 billion suns...can"t compute.

I thought video said it has the mass/weight of 200 billion (o whatever the number was) suns, not the size?

Correct.  The size in the last one was shown in relation to our galaxy. 

3 days ago
8/29/09
Soul Gravy - LOL @ New York City being a small town. Get the fuck outta here with this pseudo-science bullshit.

It showed it being about 1/3 the size of Manhattan.  That is about the size of your average town with a population of 10,000.

3 days ago
10/4/15

I spent a few days at an Ahyuaska retreat recently and for thirty six hours or so my imagination spent most of its attention simply on the size of the INFINITE universe and the impression I got was that even if the univese itself has some sort of life force and abiity to think, it truly also had no fucking idea what the fuck was going on what so ever. 

INFINITIY had no answer to how big or what purpose infinity served.

Lets just repeat this for a second... ITS INFINITE!

There was a very clear vision I had almost of like the universe constantly pulling back to show its bigger and bigger self to the point where just like the suns stacked on each other kept stacking, it got bigger and bigger and there was a voice that said, you see? This makes no sense to anyone in the entire universe or myriad of dementions that ocupy the fabric of anthing!

All I know is that McGreggor is the best in my known universe, and I've tripped some serious enough balls to have spoken to the voice of the universe and that mother fucker agreed with me. 

3 days ago
2/24/10
MMA Newbie -

I spent a few days at an Ahyuaska retreat recently and for thirty six hours or so my imagination spent most of its attention simply on the size of the INFINITE universe and the impression I got was that even if the univese itself has some sort of life force and abiity to think, it truly also had no fucking idea what the fuck was going on what so ever. 

INFINITIY had no answer to how big or what purpose infinity served.

Lets just repeat this for a second... ITS INFINITE!

There was a very clear vision I had almost of like the universe constantly pulling back to show its bigger and bigger self to the point where just like the suns stacked on each other kept stacking, it got bigger and bigger and there was a voice that said, you see? This makes no sense to anyone in the entire universe or myriad of dementions that ocupy the fabric of anthing!

All I know is that McGreggor is the best in my known universe, and I've tripped some serious enough balls to have spoken to the voice of the universe and that mother fucker agreed with me. 

3 days ago
3/12/14
I'm hoping that they find out what's inside a black hole during my lifetime
3 days ago
12/22/16

When it comes to black holes, our whole damn race are size queens.