OtherGround Forums Cheap British woman angers Nepalese woman

Edited: 13 days ago
12/2/05
13 days ago
3/21/12
Just pay the tourist tax and go on with your rich ass life.
13 days ago
1/1/01
TzTinkle - Just pay the tourist tax and go on with your rich ass life.

This.

British broad was probably "bargaining" for a few pennies. Yes, the lady probably charges locals 75 rupees for the tea, but you can afford the extra .25 cents.
13 days ago
1/1/01

Fuck that bitch.  

I can somewhat understand being upset that someone wanted to bargain with you.  But to chase her throwing rocks and swinging sticks is uncalled for.  

She should have punched her in the mouth.

Mark

3/16/15

The British cunt was in the wrong for two reasons;

1) She was CHEAP.  Just pay what is right.  She didn't.

2) She is standing there with two hiking poles that she could have speared that Gook in the face with.  She didn't.

(I am secretly awaiting the snowflakes that get upset by this.)

13 days ago
3/20/02
There's two sides to this. After travelling extensively, you get very tired of everybody treating you like a walking ATM machine. In most shit-hole countries every shit-skin is trying to extract/hustle the most money they can from you at every corner. On the other hand, sometimes tourists are just cheap pieces of shit. Really depends on the circumstance.

Bottom line in this situation is a woman should never travel alone...Especially with a small child.
13 days ago
8/29/17
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -

2) She is standing there with two hiking poles that she could have speared that Gook in the face with.  She didn't.

yeah 150 rupees is $2.34.  FFS that's not expensive.  

13 days ago
3/16/15
Gean - 

And if she could afford to travel there from the UK she could afford to pay what is right.

My buddy's father is Chairman of the Board of an S&P 500 company.  My buddy got married in Mexico.  I sat at his Dad's table at the wedding rehearsal dinner.  His step mother boasted about how she negotiated down the price of some silver jewelry that she bought from a vendor.  

I thought, "What the fuck is wrong with you?  You are a multi-millionaire and you are crowing about being able to take a few dollars away from a third world person?  Seriously???"

13 days ago
1/1/01

Fuck that uncivilised piece of shit. The tourist should have thrown her head first off the mountain.

4/18/01
13 days ago
7/27/13

Oh I remember this one, it's the one where the teenage kid runs off and leaves his mother to get attacked (and possibly killed) by some crazy mountain lady. 

Great job kid!

13 days ago
4/18/01
Gean - 

$1.45 - about 3x the cost of what tea normally goes for. Still, should definitely should have paid.
13 days ago
6/6/17
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 

Am I missing something here?  The video linked seems to start with some British chick running away from some brown chick.  The latter is coming at the former crazily, swinging sticks or boards or what not, apparenty claiming about the former not wanthing to pay something.  From THIS you conclude that the former was necessarily wrong?!?!  We have no freaking CLUE what happened!!!

7/15/04
I see both sides. If it is negligible or not much, I say fuck it and pay the tourist tax. I don't care to short people in third world countries money. For some fucking tea or other chepa shit on a mountain I sure as hell wouldn't care.

That being said, in some countries you will be taken advantage of severely if you allow it. Continously.
13 days ago
3/16/15
Homeslice - 

Am I missing something here?  The video linked seems to start with some British chick running away from some brown chick.  The latter is coming at the former crazily, swinging sticks or boards or what not, apparenty claiming about the former not wanthing to pay something.  From THIS you conclude that the former was necessarily wrong?!?!  We have no freaking CLUE what happened!!!

Are you claiming that the British chick didn't have hiking poles that she could have speared that Zipperhead in the face with?

13 days ago
6/27/02
I think the tourist should have just paid what was asked , but the locals reaction could have justifiably got herself killed if she had picked the wrong person
13 days ago
1/1/01
Gean - 

And if she could afford to travel there from the UK she could afford to pay what is right.

My buddy's father is Chairman of the Board of an S&P 500 company.  My buddy got married in Mexico.  I sat at his Dad's table at the wedding rehearsal dinner.  His step mother boasted about how she negotiated down the price of some silver jewelry that she bought from a vendor.  

I thought, "What the fuck is wrong with you?  You are a multi-millionaire and you are crowing about being able to take a few dollars away from a third world person?  Seriously???"

It's hard to say with stuff like this. There are so many shops in Mexican tourist areas that have their products marked up ridiculous amounts, so that if a customer pays full price the shop makes a killing, and even if the customer gets a huge discount like 50%, the shop still makes a half-killing.

I work at a high end pottery shop in a Mexican tourist area. We're pretty much the only shop around selling really nice high end products, but we're surrounded by tons of 'trinket' shops selling very low quality products. The difference in product quality is obvious to anyone with eyeballs, but we still get people coming in saying 'The sticker price of this flower vase is $50, I'll give you $25', and when we politely decline the response is like 'Well the guy down the street is selling flower vases for $10, and he even offered me a 50% discount!'. They are apples and oranges products, and I paid $25 for this vase and am selling it for $50, but that guy down the street paid 50 cents for his, so if he sells it for $10 he is making 1950% profit, and even if he gives you a 50% discount and sells it for $5, he is still making a 950% profit, whereas I only make a 100% profit by selling at full price, and break even with a 50% discount.
13 days ago
11/20/10

Tourist was a bit of a dick but the overreaction was third world tier. Imagine the uproar if the tourist was "poc" and this was in a white country though.

13 days ago
11/15/04
Gean - 

Bro, that's why she's a fucking multimillionaire, she's been saving on her latte costs since 9 years old!

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

13 days ago
1/1/14

God damn those sherpas get meaner every year 

13 days ago
3/16/11

That kid didn't look back once. 

13 days ago
8/15/07
Just a third world piece of shit acting like a third world piece of shit. Brit lady should have taken that stick away and beat her with it.
13 days ago
6/6/17
BaronessTitiVonTramp - I think the tourist should have just paid what was asked , but the locals reaction could have justifiably got herself killed if she had picked the wrong person

So, you don't know what was asked, just know that, whatever it was, the tourist should have paid it?  God damn when did this place get some dum?

13 days ago
6/6/17
Homeslice - 

Are you claiming that the British chick didn't have hiking poles that she could have speared that Zipperhead in the face with?

LOL, fair play, fair play.

13 days ago
3/16/15
Homeslice - 
Homeslice - 

LOL, fair play, fair play.

Legit LOL.  Glad you have a sense of humor.  Very cool.