OtherGround Forums Cops execute unarmed teen in Little Rock

9 days ago
6/3/03

Damn pigs!!!!

On Sunday, a 17-year-old black teen was shot to death by North Little Rock Police Department (NLRPD), prompting precipitous reactions from people that resorted to attacking the police before the evidence was in.

One problem: the teenager in question, Charles Smith Jr., 17, who was a passenger in a car pulled over for a routine traffic stop, had already pulled out a handgun and fired, and the incident was caught on dashcam footage in a video.

Yet Smith’s brother, 21-year-old Juwaun Jordan, who said he was one of the occupants in the vehicle, told KATV that officers shot arbitrarily, asserting, “They just pulled up, told us to get out, tussled with him, and they shot him and killed him.” He alleged Smith did not resist the officers and did not carry a gun, adding, "[The officer] just shot him five times. He couldn't move, he couldn't do nothing. He had three officers on top of him, so how was he moving

There were others who insinuated police might have done something wrong

At a Wednesday press conference, NLRPD Chief Mike Davis said, “I fear that misinformation gets out that says the subject wasn’t armed, that the subject didn’t shoot. That is not the case.” Davis explained that the incident occurred just after 1 a.m., after officers noticed a vehicle with a headlight violation traveling at an “excessive speed.”

The video shows one officer asking the driver off-camera, “I'm catching a vibe from you, man. I'm just trying to figure it out brother. You ain’t got nothing crazy on you, do you?” to which the driver says that he didn’t.

After the officer pats the driver down, he says, “I’m just going to shoot it straight with you. The way you were acting there, it made me feel like there’s something in that car ... You got a little bit of weed in there or something like that?” The driver answers, “No, sir, no, sir,” then allows police to search the vehicle

Officers present ask a passenger to step out, then pat him down before telling him to sit on the curb next to the driver.

Then an officer asks Smith, “You ain’t got nothing crazy on you, do you?” Smith replies, “No, sir.”

The officer says to Smith, “Okay. I’m going to check real quick, alright?” While the officer pats Smith down, he asks about Smith’s shoes, before suddenly asking, “Hey, what you doing?”

Smith mumbles something about “weed,” prompting the officer to ask, “You got – just a little bit?” before he adds, “Ain’t going to find nothing else in here, right?” Then he says, “Hey – quit reaching, partner.”

Chief Davis stated, “As officers continued to pat him down, Smith attempted to gain control of a handgun and flee, at which time he was taken to the ground.”

The officer and Smith tumble to the ground, winding up near the feet of the driver and other passenger. Smith says. "I can't go to jail." The officer yells, “Get your f*****g hand out! It’s a f*****g gun

As the officers struggle to hold Smith down, they tase him, but as Sergeant Brian Dedrick told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Smith did not stop struggling.

Smith can be seen on the video firing his handgun; the bullet nearly hit the other two occupants of the car.

Davis said, “[Smith] is then observed engaging the slide back on the gun and again firing at officers, almost striking one officer in the face.”

Three officers then opened fire; Smith died at the scene.

“No officer wants to be put in this position, but these officers were left with no other choice but to protect their lives and return fire,” Chief Davis said

9 days ago
9/23/08

Nice grouping

9 days ago
3/14/12

Later

9 days ago
4/13/06
why didn't they just taze him?

oh wait...they did!

he still fired that thing a few times

fuck...I take no pleasure in seeing people being shot to death though
9 days ago
9/5/12
Why are their last names different?
9 days ago
10/16/10

It's amazing he didn't hit anyone from that close.  He got off a few shots.

9 days ago
5/8/10

Wow that’s scary. Fuck these little gangsters that do nothing positive for society.

9 days ago
3/5/15

Shaun King is pathetic. What an embarrassment to white people. 

9 days ago
1/29/12

Gangster pulls gun on cops they shoot him.  Where’s the execution??

9 days ago
1/25/04

"prompting precipitous reactions from people that resorted to attacking the police"

Open fire!! 

9 days ago
8/1/13

He dead.

Edited: 9 days ago
5/12/03

You knew Talcum X would spout something off. I wonder if he's redacted that tweet?

9 days ago
11/9/17
Is this supposed to be a shock, I think its an American thing now to IMMEDIATELY judge a situation before a single shred of evidence or facts are presented.

I mean for fucks sake, the President of the United States of America did it, the media do it, the SJW/Liberal Left do it and so many follow suit like sheep.

This is yet again another clear cut case, the problem lies in that there are no repercussions for the vile trash that spread misinformation etc.

The fact that white male King poses as a black person (literally), race baiting and doing nothing but fanning the flame of racism is compensated for that behavior further proves there is an agenda that racism is something to be encouraged etc.
9 days ago
11/9/17
^^^POTUS = Obama btw...
9 days ago
11/28/09
camicom -

He dead.

Yolo

9 days ago
8/3/11

Crazy that he thought he could shoot his way out of that situation. Jail must’ve really been bad for him the last time he was there that he thought he could kill 3 cops to not go back. Maybe he is better off dead. That kid was lost. 

9 days ago
6/17/11

So: how do you stop these ‘people’? There’s obviously a problem with 13% of the population being incapable of living in modern society and it’s getting pretty tiring cowtowing to them. 

9 days ago
8/12/16
PelosiesPanties - Is this supposed to be a shock, I think its an American thing now to IMMEDIATELY judge a situation before a single shred of evidence or facts are presented.

I mean for fucks sake, the President of the United States of America did it, the media do it, the SJW/Liberal Left do it and so many follow suit like sheep.

This is yet again another clear cut case, the problem lies in that there are no repercussions for the vile trash that spread misinformation etc.

The fact that white male King poses as a black person (literally), race baiting and doing nothing but fanning the flame of racism is compensated for that behavior further proves there is an agenda that racism is something to be encouraged etc.

To be fair, it is usually ony one certain segment of the population that continually jumps to the worst conclusions in these types of situations.  

9 days ago
8/12/16

Good shoot.  That kid offered nothing to society.  If you think you are going to get out of going to prison by killing three police officers than you might be too stupid to live in society anyways.  

9 days ago
3/10/11

The cop was actually trying to de-escalate the situation. He was making small talk and lower the anxiety level. It went to shit quick.

9 days ago
12/16/11

At least he doesn't have to go to jail.

9 days ago
12/23/08

Was that Tyrone Biggums on the sidewalk?

9 days ago
4/29/09
He died doing what he loved. Good riddance.
9 days ago
8/15/07
Fuck him.
9 days ago
1/12/12
Good work and this footage will hopefully prevent riots based off of lies.

This is why cops should have body cameras, dash board cameras or both.

Videos like this are also one of the reasons that civil rights groups are now opposed to body cameras. It exposes the truth in most cases.