OtherGround Forums DOE: “We’re dome with trannies and bathrooms”

7 days ago
6/3/03

Oh shit, there’s gonna be a metric Fuckton of triggered trannies. 

Department Of Education: We're Done Being Involved With Transgender Students And Bathrooms

The Department of Education has decided it will not investigate or interfere if transgender students complain they are barred from bathrooms that match their chosen gender, according to Buzzfeed News.

On Thursday, Buzzfeed asked Liz Hill, a spokesperson for the Department of Education, if restroom complaints from transgender students are not covered by a 1972 federal civil rights law called Title IX. Hill answered, “Yes, that’s what the law says,” adding on Friday, “Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, not gender identity

Hill made it clear that some complaints by transgenders students will indeed be investigated, but bathroom complaints will not be among them. She stated, “Where students, including transgender students, are penalized or harassed for failing to conform to sex-based stereotypes, that is sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX. n the case of bathrooms, however, long-standing regulations provide that separating facilities on the basis of sex is not a form of discrimination prohibited by Title IX.”

No formal announcement of the Department's decision has been made.

Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 states that discrimination is forbidden on the basis of sex. The word “gender” is not included in its language:

No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

Advocates for the transgender community claim that the text of the law, by using “sex,” is ambiguous, thus allowing them to claim that sex can also refer to “gender.”

In May 2016, the Obama administration issued guidance stating Title IX guarantees transgender students can use restrooms and other school facilities matching their gender identity. In February 2017, the Trump Administration rescinding Obama’s guidance, asserting it would "more completely consider the legal issues involved

7 days ago
1/13/11

About time a sensible decision was made.  This shit has been bonkers.  

7 days ago
11/27/12
I’mGhayForJhay -

This.

7 days ago
12/6/16
I’mGhayForJhay -

Hateful, biggoted, Nazi, Facist, Hitler, xenophobic, cisgenderist, Islamophobic, Zionist, etc.

7 days ago
1/13/11
CharlesMartel -
I’mGhayForJhay -

Hateful, biggoted, Nazi, Facist, Hitler, xenophobic, cisgenderist, Islamophobic, Zionist, etc.

I’ll let you suck it if that’s what your asking.

7 days ago
9/4/17

They never should never have been involved from jump of this craziness. I normally don't post in these tranny threads (unless there are pics) but this shit is outta control. Parents these days are fucked up. 

7 days ago
11/9/17
I’mGhayForJhay -

Probably too late unless the DOE truly stands by this sensible decision and refuses to back down to the childish tantrums of the mentally ill and the media. 

7 days ago
10/15/13
"Triggered Trannies!!!!"
7 days ago
6/6/17

I don't know if MAGA was involved... but MAGA....

7 days ago
1/13/14

Good

7 days ago
1/1/01

Good.

This entire argument is so ridiculous. How much time and money has been wasted on this topic? How fucking complacent are we as a society they we arefucking worrying about where someone gets to take shit and piss? There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the way it was and there should have been no time wasted on it. What about people who identify as purple fucking elephants? Sorry we don’t have a bathroom designated specifically for you but this “gender neutral” sign should help you cope with such adversity. 

I’m totally fine with either unisex bathrooms or bathroom that distinguish the users by the tools they intend to piss from in the bathroom. Anything else is an overcomplication. 

7 days ago
1/11/06
CharlesMartel -
I’mGhayForJhay -

You need to add a few more to go full liberal. 

7 days ago
6/3/03

TTT. 

7 days ago
8/13/02
I’mGhayForJhay -

I'm glad the OG is finally starting to agree that sex != gender.

7 days ago
1/1/01
Pustak -
I’mGhayForJhay -

How could we agree with a sentence that makes no sense?

7 days ago
11/28/09

Dome, indeed.

7 days ago
8/29/09

Has the pendelum reached the end of it's arc?

7 days ago
4/24/07
Pustak - 
I’mGhayForJhay -

I would say that Sex makes Gender obvious but I wouldn't say Sex = Gender.
7 days ago
10/15/13
David@accu -
Pustak - 
I’mGhayForJhay -

I would say that Sex makes Gender obvious but I wouldn't say Sex = Gender.

You had to do it.....this thread was going along nice and smooth....

7 days ago
1/1/01
Its a start.

Can they be done with everything and leave it to the states.
7 days ago
10/17/06

Im not done sexing up white girls though, im making america great again by making white girls crave the bbc.

#MAGA

7 days ago
1/1/01
sex may or may = gender, but sex is clearly defined and it is biological: xy, xx.
7 days ago
6/30/07
FreightTrain - Its a start.

Can they be done with everything and leave it to the states.

I don't think it's a state issue. 

7 days ago
4/22/17
Pustak -
I’mGhayForJhay -

Advocates for the transgender community claim that the text of the law, by using “sex,” is ambiguous, thus allowing them to claim that sex can also refer to “gender.”

I'm glad the tranny community is finally starting to agree that sex=gender.

6 days ago
8/5/13

Thought post was about trannies giving dome.