OtherGround Forums Don't cry about your tip on Facebook

10 days ago
1/12/12
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5378181/Outback-Steakhouse-waitress-fired-tip-complaint.html

PUBLISHED: 09:15 EST, 11 February 2018 | UPDATED: 10:00 EST, 11 February 2018

An Outback Steakhouse server has been fired after complaining on Facebook that a church group left her no tip on a $735 carry-out order.

She took to Facebook to complain that Christ Fellowhip had stiffed on the tip, though she didn't identify where she worked. But when a friend saw her post he urged her to take it down and said he'd contact Christ Fellowship directly to see if they'd remedy the situation.

The next day, Yoder came in to work and was told that Christ Fellowship had been refunded the entire $735, and she was fired.
10 days ago
12/27/06
they sound like a really understanding and generous group of people... hope she gets to go work for Longhorn...
10 days ago
4/1/15

Well, fuck that Christ Fellowship. 

10 days ago
3/21/12
"The next day, Yoder came in to work and was told that Christ Fellowship had been refunded the entire $735, and she was fired."

Preacher probably spoke about Jesus with the loaves and fishes after this one.
10 days ago
1/12/12
The waitress bears no responsibility for shaming customers publicly (also explicitly against her employer's policy)?
10 days ago
11/19/09

Fuck complaining about tips. Get a real job where you don't have to rely on people to tip. Also it was a fucking carry out, what did she do to deserve a tip? Put the food in a bag. Do I gotta tip everyone for every little thing at every job? I understand they live off tips but that goes back to get a real job if you get upset, if they came in, had that tab and stiffed her then she can be upset, but don't complain regardless because she knows the risk by having that job

10 days ago
2/16/05
Paperboy2000 - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5378181/Outback-Steakhouse-waitress-fired-tip-complaint.html

An Outback Steakhouse server has been fired after complaining on Facebook that a church group left her no tip on a $735 carry-out order.

She took to Facebook to complain that Christ Fellowhip had stiffed on the tip, though she didn't identify where she worked. But when a friend saw her post he urged her to take it down and said he'd contact Christ Fellowship directly to see if they'd remedy the situation.

The next day, Yoder came in to work and was told that Christ Fellowship had been refunded the entire $735, and she was fired.

Good.  I fucking hate this new world of entitlement where servers expect to be tipped.  Do good work, make my experience awesome and you'll get tipped.  Do the bare minimum and I'll leave just enough to cover your tip out. Piss me off and I'll leave nothing. 

Being a waiter was one of the most challenging jobs I ever had and I took the good with the bad.  Bitch complained about a group that dropped $800 on food (take out no less with less overhead) and is surprised she got fired?  Fuck her.

10 days ago
2/5/13

Both sides in the wrong

10 days ago
9/14/03
She was petty to post it but probably a dumb kid, but wtf at the bunch of greedy cunt 'christians' getting $735 of free food and getting the girl fired?? Probably acted smug as fuck about it.

Greedy vindictive scumbags.
10 days ago
7/14/08
Fury2Feed - She was petty to post it but probably a dumb kid, but wtf at the bunch of greedy cunt 'christians' getting $735 of free food and getting the girl fired?? Probably acted smug as fuck about it.

1: You’re assuming the Christians demand she be fired.

2: You’re assuming this was her first act of cunty behavior. People who behave with entitlement often are guilty of many previous sins before the one that breaks the camel’s back. 

10 days ago
1/12/12
Fury2Feed - She was petty to post it but probably a dumb kid, but wtf at the bunch of greedy cunt 'christians' getting $735 of free food and getting the girl fired?? Probably acted smug as fuck about it.

The church said it was a mistake and called the restaurant to see if they could fix it. The restaurant fired the server for violating their policy of talking about customers publicly.

So there's that. Nice assumptions.
10 days ago
9/14/03
Toki Wartooth - 
Paperboy2000 - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5378181/Outback-Steakhouse-waitress-fired-tip-complaint.html

Good.  I fucking hate this new world of entitlement where servers expect to be tipped.  Do good work, make my experience awesome and you'll get tipped.  Do the bare minimum and I'll leave just enough to cover your tip out. Piss me off and I'll leave nothing. 

Being a waiter was one of the most challenging jobs I ever had and I took the good with the bad.  Bitch complained about a group that dropped $800 on food (take out no less with less overhead) and is surprised she got fired?  Fuck her.

She doesn't own the place, how much they spend isn't her concern. She probably had to spend time away from her tables to prep and bag up all their shit. The christians are the entitled assholes. Fuck them.
10 days ago
9/14/03
Paperboy2000 - 
Fury2Feed - She was petty to post it but probably a dumb kid, but wtf at the bunch of greedy cunt 'christians' getting $735 of free food and getting the girl fired?? Probably acted smug as fuck about it.

The church said it was a mistake and called the restaurant to see if they could fix it. The restaurant fired the server for violating their policy of talking about customers publicly.

So there's that. Nice assumptions.

My mistake then. I thought someone told the church about the post and they called complaining and demanding.
10 days ago
5/14/10
Any OGers in the area that can fill their congregation this Sunday for service without leaving tithes?
10 days ago
9/4/17
shibbyguy -

Fuck complaining about tips. Get a real job where you don't have to rely on people to tip. Also it was a fucking carry out, what did she do to deserve a tip? Put the food in a bag. Do I gotta tip everyone for every little thing at every job? I understand they live off tips but that goes back to get a real job if you get upset, if they came in, had that tab and stiffed her then she can be upset, but don't complain regardless because she knows the risk by having that job

So if everyone got a "real job" who the fuck is going to serve our food? Or would we all eat at buffets or cook for ourselves. Fuck all that lol. 

10 days ago
1/12/12
Freaky_Hibiki - Any OGers in the area that can fill their congregation this Sunday for service without leaving tithes?

Interesting. Do you support Antifa?
10 days ago
6/29/09
Whats customary for take out? Did she just carry bags from the kitchen to the customer? I need details....
10 days ago
4/2/13
Fury2Feed - She was petty to post it but probably a dumb kid, but wtf at the bunch of greedy cunt 'christians' getting $735 of free food and getting the girl fired?? Probably acted smug as fuck about it.

They actually called to try and get the girl a tip after being contacted about it, then reached out to her after learning she was fired to try and help either get her job back or find her other work 

the person who didn't tip was a vounteer who didn't know they had the authority to tip and brought back the extra money they were given for the tip 

I'm not religious and don't particularly like churches, but they were about as Christian as could be in this scenario 

10 days ago
11/11/14
Who the fuck tips for carryout? I'm a very generous tipper but never tipped for carryout and never will.
10 days ago
12/1/07
tip on a carry out? fuck you
10 days ago
5/18/01
Wait...tip a server for take out? Did she wait on them? Refill their glasses? Or did she just hand them some food?
10 days ago
11/15/04
MickColins -

1: You’re assuming the Christians demand she be fired.

2: You’re assuming this was her first act of cunty behavior. People who behave with entitlement often are guilty of many previous sins before the one that breaks the camel’s back. 

I think this is a fair statement. 

10 days ago
11/28/09

Tip for carry out?

10 days ago
2/2/15
MMAdotCOM -

Both sides in the wrong

No, no they're not. There's no more obligation to tip for carry out than there is to tip the person who hands you the bag at  fast food joint. None whatsoever 

10 days ago
9/4/17

I tip for takeout at the restaurants I frequent often. I don't want my food to be laced with body fluids lol