OtherGround Forums Don't cry about your tip on Facebook

2/11/18 11:24 PM
4/1/15
Mushroom Slap - tip on a carry out? fuck you

I tip on carry out. 

And when I call again on the phone they remember me, get my food done fast and give me extra shit. 

And when eat in there they treat me like a king. 

Be nice, tip. You’ll reap rewards.

Be a cheap entitled prick bastard and you’ll get shit. 

2/11/18 11:34 PM
4/3/08
^Bullshit. They don't remember and they don't care. They usually aren't working there the next time anyway.
2/11/18 11:34 PM
1/30/10
DuffyLaCoronilla -

I tip on carry out. 

And when I call again on the phone they remember me, get my food done fast and give me extra shit. 

I call bullshit ....either you live in a very small town or you’ve been very lucky you’ve gotten great service ...but trust me , it’s not because of your tips ...no one remembers your fat ass 

2/11/18 11:36 PM
5/30/09

Christians huh. So much for turning the other cheek

2/11/18 11:40 PM
4/3/08
darkness66 - 

Your narrative apparently doesn't fit what actually happened.
2/11/18 11:58 PM
3/14/16
darkness66 -

Should have read the thread before you posted , smug fuck .
Edited: 2/12/18 12:04 AM
1/1/01

Our local pizza place has a girl that takes orders.  She can give a $3 discount, if she wants to.  If she doesn't, I have coupons I can use that give me $3 off.  I'm lazy, and rather not go dig the coupons out of the drawer.  If she gives me a discount, she will get $1.50-2.00 in her tip jar (it is right there on the counter).  If I use the coupon, then no tip.

If the pizza has a goodly amount of toppings, then I throw a buck or two in the pizza guy's tip jar as well.  

For $700 worth of take-out food, I would have tipped the chick $20, maybe 40.  What's next, tipping 10% at the window at McDonalds?

2/12/18 12:15 AM
10/4/15

Two liquor stores here in my small town have a Tip option at the debit machine when they ring up your order 

THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A MINUTE 

2/12/18 12:19 AM
6/30/07
ShortyMac - Who the fuck tips for carryout? I'm a very generous tipper but never tipped for carryout and never will.

Pretty much this

What did she do to earn a tip?

2/12/18 12:32 AM
5/17/01
MountainMedic - 
ShortyMac - Who the fuck tips for carryout? I'm a very generous tipper but never tipped for carryout and never will.

Pretty much this

What did she do to earn a tip?

She may have helped carry $750 worth of food to whatever vehicle the volunteer showed up in. 

I'm surprised so many of you guys are saying "I never tip for take out." Well yeah, dinner for a few people, I get that. But $750 worth of food is a LOT of stuff to move, and that could have taken a while. Besides, the church intended a tip be left, but the volunteeer who picked up the food was unaware of that(according to OP). Why isn't that time, that would otherwise go to waiting on a table, be worth some kind of tip?

2/12/18 12:36 AM
5/30/09
fastnotch331 -
darkness66 -

Hows this? No tip on a $700 bill? Cheap tax exempt fucks. 

2/12/18 12:43 AM
7/5/13

This

2/12/18 12:44 AM
6/7/05
They apparently contacted her and attempted to make it right, and she said she was happy with them. This is a problem between employee and employer where the employer sets the employees against the customer, then fires the employee when they take their frustration too far. The person tasked with picking up the food didn't think or know to tip because it was a huge order purchased by the church.
2/12/18 12:43 AM
3/30/14

I always tip my local mexican food place when I pick food up.  I dont look down on people who dont leave anything, I just dont mind doing in myself.  

If she was a server at the restaurant and had to take less tables to prep almost $800 of food to be picked up I see why it would suck, but complaining about it on social media is just stupid.  She deserved to be fired as Im sure its blatantly against company policy

2/12/18 12:46 AM
10/14/05
shibbyguy -

Fuck complaining about tips. Get a real job where you don't have to rely on people to tip. Also it was a fucking carry out, what did she do to deserve a tip? Put the food in a bag. Do I gotta tip everyone for every little thing at every job? I understand they live off tips but that goes back to get a real job if you get upset, if they came in, had that tab and stiffed her then she can be upset, but don't complain regardless because she knows the risk by having that job

Better let illegals in to do sub minimum wage labor or have food cost go up 20% to pay for labor. 

If it's not a real job, who's going to take care of you when you're too lazy to cook? 

2/12/18 12:46 AM
3/30/14
dios -
DuffyLaCoronilla -

I tip on carry out. 

I call bullshit ....either you live in a very small town or you’ve been very lucky you’ve gotten great service ...but trust me , it’s not because of your tips ...no one remembers your fat ass 

Are you people retarded?  My local mexican places have a few employees and all know me over the phone.  I definitly get bigger burritos than the average customer after tipping every time.  

2/12/18 12:49 AM
3/30/14
darkness66 -
fastnotch331 -
darkness66 -

Im very anti religion but read through the thread first, sounds like they tried to do the right thing

2/12/18 12:52 AM
3/14/16
darkness66 -
fastnotch331 -
darkness66 -

Read the story genius.
2/12/18 12:56 AM
7/12/03
I do carry out from Outback all the time and the girl who does the carry out has to put the food in the bag and bring it out to my truck, so I always tip. With that said I dont tip as much as I would if I were dining in.
2/12/18 12:52 PM
7/26/15
shibbyguy -

Fuck complaining about tips. Get a real job where you don't have to rely on people to tip. Also it was a fucking carry out, what did she do to deserve a tip? Put the food in a bag. Do I gotta tip everyone for every little thing at every job? I understand they live off tips but that goes back to get a real job if you get upset, if they came in, had that tab and stiffed her then she can be upset, but don't complain regardless because she knows the risk by having that job

You must be a cheap bitch.  

2/12/18 1:02 PM
5/14/10

She deserves to be fired. It was a takeout order, she didn’t deserve a tip. Don’t talk shit about anything pertaining to work without knowing the repercussions.  

2/12/18 1:08 PM
1/1/01
Paperboy2000 - The waitress bears no responsibility for shaming customers publicly (also explicitly against her employer's policy)?

Really.  If Tiger woods dined in Outback and left no tip like he always does and a waitress posted jer anger on facebook she would be canned.  

Im sure the church didnt like the smear and just told the resturaunt that they didnt appreciate it.  I doubt they said,  comp pur meal and can the waitress 

Also lol on a tip for takeout

2/12/18 1:13 PM
2/24/07
Rashomon - 

This all day long. I NEVER tip on carry out. That’s one of the things that makes carry out so great. I do tip well for dine in, though. 

I typically don't for carryout either. If I had to drive there to pick it up why should I tip?

However if someone helped prepare/organize $750 worth of food I'd def leave something. I'm sure that took some work. If they are just bringing me 1 bag and handing it to me, no way.
2/12/18 1:16 PM
10/12/13
Some people tip more than average some less, every waitress knows this going in. In the end it should basically even out, no need to whine about every minor setback online and totally unprofessional to badmouth customers regardless of if they tip. She deserved to be fired.
2/12/18 1:20 PM
4/22/07

You said it,  dadday