I tip on carryout if the counter girl has big tits and/or a nice ass

2/12/18 1:30 PM
7/14/17
MMAdotCOM -

Both sides in the wrong

Agree 

2/12/18 1:42 PM
1/1/01
ShortyMac - Who the fuck tips for carryout? I'm a very generous tipper but never tipped for carryout and never will.

Yeah, I've worked as a server and taking care of carry out was just part of the job, and the few times people tipped me I was always surprised.  I thought I would get in trouble for taking a tip on a carry out order. 

2/12/18 1:54 PM
5/14/08
Trust - 
ShortyMac - Who the fuck tips for carryout? I'm a very generous tipper but never tipped for carryout and never will.

Yeah, I've worked as a server and taking care of carry out was just part of the job, and the few times people tipped me I was always surprised.  I thought I would get in trouble for taking a tip on a carry out order. 

Ive only worked in one restaurant but the carry out person worked by themselves. They dont wait on you during your meal but they are doing more than a server who makes sure your drinks get refilled and brings out your food. Not too mention they dont have table limits like some restaurants put on their dine-in servers and they could be handling a lot of orders. Although I think they were paid a slightly higher hourly rate. I always turned it down if I had the option. More work and less tips since most people feel the same as Shorty. I think when it comes to carry-out orders the tippers are people who feel like it will get them better service or less spit in the future (whether true or not) or people who did that work themselves and know how shitty it can be.
2/12/18 1:55 PM
12/28/14
dios -
DuffyLaCoronilla -
Mushroom Slap - tip on a carry out? fuck you

I tip on carry out. 

And when I call again on the phone they remember me, get my food done fast and give me extra shit. 

And when eat in there they treat me like a king. 

Be nice, tip. You’ll reap rewards.

Be a cheap entitled prick bastard and you’ll get shit. 

I call bullshit ....either you live in a very small town or you’ve been very lucky you’ve gotten great service ...but trust me , it’s not because of your tips ...no one remembers your fat ass 

As someone who cooks for a living its very easy to recognize a regular who tips well and is generally a nice person to have come in.

Ill do 400 plus covers in a 5 hour service and can still recognize both good and bad regulars.

Being a good regular does allow us to treat you a little better if we can (as in have time during a busy service).

Not that we treat anyone bad, we do our best to promote our food and service but its not uncommon to throw in something special or a free desert for regulars who are good tippers.

Ive even bought shots for regulars when they come in with good news (having a baby, got a raise or new job, etc.) That i wouldnt do for just a random customer.

Hell one customer came to out xmas party one year lol.

It does pay to be a good regular in my experience.

2/12/18 1:57 PM
3/3/12

I’ve never done a carry out order at a place like that. I’m not sure why she should get a tip.

She didn’t serve them right?

2/12/18 2:01 PM
3/15/15

I do sometimes, I'll leave a couple bucks. Someone still has to make it, package it, etc. I don't mind if they are friendly.
2/12/18 2:06 PM
1/1/01
MountainMedic -
ShortyMac - Who the fuck tips for carryout? I'm a very generous tipper but never tipped for carryout and never will.

Pretty much this

What did she do to earn a tip?

Im going to hand you this food now where is my 140 bucks?

2/12/18 2:09 PM
1/1/01

What would have happened if this was another religion like Muslims or  some Jewish sect?  Im sure they would be ok with the public shaming

2/12/18 2:16 PM
10/14/05
MountainMedic - 
ShortyMac - Who the fuck tips for carryout? I'm a very generous tipper but never tipped for carryout and never will.

Pretty much this

What did she do to earn a tip?

For an order that big, if they took the order, helped package it, take an inventory of all the items to make sure that nothing was left out, bagging it carefully, adding utensils, and then run the transaction, it probably sucked up at least 20 minutes of time that they could've been spent with their guests at tables or doing their sidework that would get them out of there quicker at the end of the shift (where they're only getting $3/hour or so to do that work).

And here, they probably spent 5 minutes to get a manager to get their tax exemption authorized.
2/12/18 2:20 PM
12/2/05
Yoder said she made just $18 in tips during her shift since she spent most of her time on the church's order of 25 steaks, 25 chickens and 25 potatoes.

---

She probably had to help box everything. It would take time.
2/12/18 2:24 PM
6/23/14

Fuck everyone involved  

2/12/18 2:25 PM
5/28/02
DuffyLaCoronilla -

Well, fuck that Christ Fellowship. 

poor taste at best, and also hypocritical since churches operate on "tips" from members.

2/12/18 2:27 PM
1/1/01
tipping is so fucking stupid

you guys can't even agree on when to tip, it's a stupid custom
2/12/18 2:29 PM
12/2/05
microbiologynerd - 
DuffyLaCoronilla -

poor taste at best, and also hypocritical since churches operate on "tips" from members.

Read the thread. It was a volunteer who wasn't sure they were allowed to tip. When contacted, the church tried to make it right (as in provide a tip). Outback said no thanks, gave them a full refund (they didn't ask for) and fired her (against their wishes).

Anyone blaming the church here is either completely ignorant of what happened (excusable since it wasn't all in the OP) or being a dick (I know that's not you).
2/12/18 2:31 PM
1/1/01

If you bash your customers on social media for any reason, deserved or no, you will lose your job if the company finds out.

2/12/18 2:33 PM
12/2/05
mma_jeremy - 
Fake Pie - Yoder said she made just $18 in tips during her shift since she spent most of her time on the church's order of 25 steaks, 25 chickens and 25 potatoes.

---

She probably had to help box everything. It would take time.

I don't think most people disagree with the idea that they should've left something (definitely not 15-20%, though).

But you can't bash the customers of the company you represent on social media and not expect to lose your job.

I agree.
2/12/18 2:38 PM
5/28/02
Fake Pie -
microbiologynerd - 
DuffyLaCoronilla -

Read the thread. It was a volunteer who wasn't sure they were allowed to tip. When contacted, the church tried to make it right (as in provide a tip). Outback said no thanks, gave them a full refund (they didn't ask for) and fired her (against their wishes).

Anyone blaming the church here is either completely ignorant of what happened (excusable since it wasn't all in the OP) or being a dick (I know that's not you).

aint nobody got time to read the thread when its so easy to jump to juicy conclusions.

juicy

moist

butter

2/12/18 2:45 PM
2/21/11
William H Macy - 

I tip for takeout at the restaurants I frequent often. I don't want my food to be laced with body fluids lol 

Whether you tip or not has no bearing on whether you are getting a sloppy spit surprise in your fries. Some workers are just foul cunts that hate their job regardless.
2/12/18 2:45 PM
6/8/10

It's a take out order, why was a waitress involved? 

2/12/18 2:46 PM
6/3/11
I never tip for takeout. But I've never had a 700 dollar bill for it either
2/12/18 2:49 PM
12/2/05
I tip on takeout of they are friendly. But a lot lower than delivery or dining in the restaurant.
2/12/18 2:51 PM
12/2/05
jasperb - 

Assembling 75 orders is work, she probably had to help put everything in boxes and package it up right.
2/12/18 2:57 PM
12/11/11

I hope She doesn't forget to tip the people at the unemployment office. 

2/12/18 3:05 PM
2/25/03
Fake Pie - 
jasperb - 

Assembling 75 orders is work, she probably had to help put everything in boxes and package it up right.

Sure, and the Church admitted they fucked up and a volunteer who picked up the food didn't know it was their policy to tip on such occassions. No excuse for her to be a cunt and run to social media. I'd fire somebody like that in an instant.*

* I haven't read the whole thread and maybe that point has been made multiple times