OtherGround Forums Dude told me he makes $15hr "trimming"

4 days ago
5/12/03
Spin away bitches! Anyway, as I was saying, dude from the neighborhood mentioned today that he makes $15 hour trimming weed. Said he sits in a room, listening to music, trimming away and makes $15 an hour under the table doing it. (I live in Colorado btw) I knew there was money being made by the growers and dispensaries here. But, I didn't imagine people made that much cutting weed. Sounds boring but that seems like decent money for a job that doesn't require a degree or much training. There's no real point to this thread. I was just surprised to hear they made that much money.
4 days ago
4/17/13
Not bad if he's turning that hourly into a degree or a business, otherwise he'll end up a shift leader at a fast food joint until he's 65.
Edited: 4 days ago
7/29/02
$15 an hour is pretty cheap for a trim job
4 days ago
1/30/10

$15 an hour is peanuts 

4 days ago
1/2/17
someone that's an artist and not a fucking fuckboy would be getting nearly 25 (prob ~20 w/ some tree on the side if they're industrious).
4 days ago
1/1/01
He probably trims too much and smokes the shake
4 days ago
1/1/01

That's not great pay for trimming. At all

4 days ago
5/23/07
25 to 30 an hour trimming here all day long
4 days ago
1/1/01
Ya trimming sucks. 15$ an hr isn't that crazy. If you can smoke and chill out all day Es ok if not easily bored.

Lots of money in the weed business 15$ an hour is toward the bottom of the earners.

People east of the Missouri River. How much do you pay for an ounce of some good dank smoke ?
4 days ago
11/15/11

If he was smart he would transition his skills over to man-scaping and make a killing. 

4 days ago
11/5/03
Damn I remember back in the day living in northern California, when the harvests came in, people would scramble to find trustworthy scissor tenders to help in marathon sessions lasting weeks. Now you can just hire any Joe blow for a couple hundred a day. Not to mention the machines that do it.

What a time to be alive.
4 days ago
6/24/16
chadk - Spin away bitches! Anyway, as I was saying, dude from the neighborhood mentioned today that he makes $15 hour trimming weed. Said he sits in a room, listening to music, trimming away and makes $15 an hour under the table doing it. (I live in Colorado btw) I knew there was money being made by the growers and dispensaries here. But, I didn't imagine people made that much cutting weed. Sounds boring but that seems like decent money for a job that doesn't require a degree or much training. There's no real point to this thread. I was just surprised to hear they made that much money.

Up here in British Columbia you get 25-30 an hour. And of course they get to do the same thing. 

4 days ago
3/19/11

$125-$175 per ounce is the normal rate here. Hard to tell if it's good or not, it really depends on his speed. Never heard of hourly pay for trimmers since it's hard to gauge value. You can trim 2 ounces in that hour, or you can trim less than 1 ounce.

4 days ago
3/19/11
Tim Duncan - He probably trims too much and smokes the shake

lol I remember those days. Clip off all the popcorn and roll all day long 

4 days ago
1/1/01
Sensei Milla 209TT - 

$125-$175 per ounce is the normal rate here. Hard to tell if it's good or not, it really depends on his speed. Never heard of hourly pay for trimmers since it's hard to gauge value. You can trim 2 ounces in that hour, or you can trim less than 1 ounce.

175$ an oz ? I think that's a little high. Ounces sell for about that much. I don't think a trimmer is getting 175$ an oz lol.
4 days ago
12/10/16

Don't burger flippers make the same? $15/hr isn't enough for low-class living standards in most cities. 

4 days ago
3/19/11
rhino x2 -
Sensei Milla 209TT - 

175$ an oz ? I think that's a little high. Ounces sell for about that much. I don't think a trimmer is getting 175$ an oz lol.

I've been partaking and meant a pound lol, not per ounce. Yeah, 175 an ounce to trim would be fucking amazing 

$125 was always the usual, sometimes the private reserve comes around and that shit deserves to be heavily manicured. Those were the times 175$ was the rate. 

4 days ago
11/16/08

Matter of time till those places have robot arms like a Japanese car factory.

4 days ago
3/24/14

Read that wrong. Was thinking he'd make more by jerking too. I mean, I'd pay $20 for a rusty trombone

4 days ago
1/1/01
Sensei Milla 209TT - 
rhino x2 -
Sensei Milla 209TT - 

I've been partaking and meant a pound lol, not per ounce. Yeah, 175 an ounce to trim would be fucking amazing 

$125 was always the usual, sometimes the private reserve comes around and that shit deserves to be heavily manicured. Those were the times 175$ was the rate. 

All good that's what I figured.
4 days ago
2/21/10
I used to get paid twice that and get free lunch for trim. Problem is i hated doing it too much. After a few hours my hands would cramp up, fingers and scissors are so gummy can hardly move and id be so baked i didnt want to do shit
4 days ago
1/20/08
I No Kung Foo -

That would actually be pretty good. The machines they use now suck. Just tumble and shear the tips off the leaves.

These are the best ever for trimming

4 days ago
7/26/16
Ya need spring loaded scissors for sure , 15 is weak for trimming all day
4 days ago
3/5/07
$20/hr is pretty standard here in Oregon.
4 days ago
4/5/10
ABCTT_SENNIN -
I No Kung Foo -

That would actually be pretty good. The machines they use now suck. Just tumble and shear the tips off the leaves.

These are the best ever for trimming

what kind are those