OtherGround Forums Goodell Letter To NFL Owners. MAGA!

10/11/17 12:25 PM
1/9/02

the leftsist aren't used to losing these cultural battles. They've been kicking the right's ass at them for 50 years.

10/11/17 12:28 PM
3/4/08
tyronehernandez - too little too late.

I'm done with the NFL for life (or at least with this generation of owners, players, and coaches) regardless of what they do now under the duress of losing money and fans and potentially their billions in tax subsidies.

they already showed their true colors and as far as I'm concerned they can all go bankrupt and the "oppressed" players can try to make it in the real world.

Its nice to have my Sundays back and I don't miss it one bit.

I give this about 3 weeks and you'll be back...they always come back.

- NFL
10/11/17 12:32 PM
2/5/06
Rounder8 - 
CaptainWoody - The owners and NFL don't give a fuck about the Flag or the Anthem....they care about money

The fans up in arms about this don't give a fuck about "respect", "patriotism" or any of that other shit.....they care because they don't agree with what the protest was about.

Any red blooded American that cares about and wants to preserve the freedoms we have in this nation, which is the greatest in all human history...shouldn't have given two shits when Colin kneeled. We don't and are not going to agree on things, it's ok. Colin kneeling in a peaceful protest to what ever injustices he perceives, whether true or false is in actuality a TRIBUTE to this nation, the men and women who died for it and the flag that represents it.

For the people, by the people...we are free

Stop being a bunch of fags with your shit all fucked up

Agree with a lot of this, but such typical american bullshit.

America has the greatest freedom in human history?  Literally made me lol.

What I meant was it's the greatest nation in all human history.

I can see the confusion with how I wrote it.
10/11/17 12:35 PM
9/27/11
tyronehernandez - too little too late.

I'm done with the NFL for life (or at least with this generation of owners, players, and coaches) regardless of what they do now under the duress of losing money and fans and potentially their billions in tax subsidies.

they already showed their true colors and as far as I'm concerned they can all go bankrupt and the "oppressed" players can try to make it in the real world.

Its nice to have my Sundays back and I don't miss it one bit.
Wtf lol people are so fucking petty now. Shut up and cry under a pillow. Conservatives and liberals piss me the fuck off.
10/11/17 12:40 PM
4/22/17
ReneH -
Akkadian88 -
ReneH -
Akkadian88 -
ReneH -
rekt -
KCCII -
HorseMeat4200 -
Kwang - The NFL players hold all of the power here. If they had any balls every player in the league would kneel this weekend. If they suffer consequences then just refuse to play.

They would all be out of a job. They know who butters their bread.

You don't think the NFL learned in the late 80's that people don't want to see scab players?

What if they put this rule in and they kneel during the playoffs? Are you going to suspend someone for the Superbowl?

they would use it as a negotiation tactic to threaten a lockout and leverage it to reduce player salaries

How much more nationalistic do you need to be? Does it not bother you that the nfl has been politicised, the weirdness of it all? Isn't  it strange that people  are fixated that the national anthem has to be played before each game?

What does politics have to do with football?

Apply this logic to the other side. Why are the players politicizing football? Why are the coaches and owners? What do politics have to do with football?

No, the question that should be asked is why is it necessary to play the national anthem at a football game? Why is it necessary that a game be infused with nationlistic pride? 

Is it necessary because one gets to reaffirm their patriotism in front of masses of people? 

Is that what it is? 

It is clear to me that Trump is unable to unite people in any shape or form. A true leader can polarize people without intimidation and this is what it is: pure intimidation where one has to fall in line in a weird fascist way.

This is all just extremely weird, and if you are unable to see thru that, then maybe some deeper soul searching is in order. 

I'm not at all surprised that you won't apply your own logic to your own words. That's in line with everything I've read from you. 

Why is it necessary that a game be infused with nationalistic pride? What kind of stupid question is this? Sports have always been about nationalistic pride. Ever heard of the olympics? All that flag waving and marching to your respective anthem? This is nothing new. Stop acting like it's all of a sudden a problem and stop whining about Trump. He didn't cause any of this, but it looks like he fixed it. The NFL is capitulating. 

Yes, Trump "fixed it" and the NFL is capitulating, I will be sure to stand in my livingroom when the anthem is played. It will give me great pleasure in doing so, it will reafiirm my undying loyalty and patriotism to the cause. 

You don't want to talk about the logical fallacies you brought up. Why are you mad at the consumer for political speech but not at the NFL for political speech? It's a legit question that you refuse to answer. 

You for sure don't want to talk about your stupid nationalism in sports questions. You just want to avoid actual conversation and whine about Trump. 

10/11/17 12:41 PM
1/1/01
rekt -
ReneH -
rekt -
KCCII -
HorseMeat4200 -
Kwang - The NFL players hold all of the power here. If they had any balls every player in the league would kneel this weekend. If they suffer consequences then just refuse to play.

You don't think the NFL learned in the late 80's that people don't want to see scab players?

What if they put this rule in and they kneel during the playoffs? Are you going to suspend someone for the Superbowl?

they would use it as a negotiation tactic to threaten a lockout and leverage it to reduce player salaries

How much more nationalistic do you need to be? Does it not bother you that the nfl has been politicised, the weirdness of it all? Isn't  it strange that people  are fixated that the national anthem has to be played before each game?

when the UK national anthem was playing, the NFL players stood.  it wasn't because they are patriotic toward the United Kingdom.  it was a sign of common decency and respect.

when the US national anthem was playing, Usain Bolt who is a Jamaican national stopped an interview as a sign of common decency and respect.  Usain Bolt isn't being patriotic toward the US.

when the Canadian national anthem is playing, US NHL players continue standing as a sign of common decency and respect.  US NHL players aren't being patriotic to Canada.

when the US national anthem is playing, Canadian NHL players continue standing as a sign of common decency and respect.  Canadian NHL players aren't being patriotic to the US.

Standing during a national anthem is a sign of common decency and respect.  It isn't a patriotic act.  Kneeling during the national anthem is a sign of disrespect.

Kneeling does NOT go against the U.S. Flag code (Section 8: Respect For Flag)

The interesting thing aout carrying the flag flat is that it is against the code: The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

Jerry Jones, Roger Goodell, and the rest of the NFL brass disrespect the flag whenever it is carried flat in the stadiums during anthems. If people will be consumed about all this flag waving stuff and ceremony, at the very least follow the protocol.

10/11/17 12:49 PM
4/22/17
ReneH -
rekt -
ReneH -
rekt -
KCCII -
HorseMeat4200 -

when the UK national anthem was playing, the NFL players stood.  it wasn't because they are patriotic toward the United Kingdom.  it was a sign of common decency and respect.

when the US national anthem was playing, Usain Bolt who is a Jamaican national stopped an interview as a sign of common decency and respect.  Usain Bolt isn't being patriotic toward the US.

when the Canadian national anthem is playing, US NHL players continue standing as a sign of common decency and respect.  US NHL players aren't being patriotic to Canada.

when the US national anthem is playing, Canadian NHL players continue standing as a sign of common decency and respect.  Canadian NHL players aren't being patriotic to the US.

Standing during a national anthem is a sign of common decency and respect.  It isn't a patriotic act.  Kneeling during the national anthem is a sign of disrespect.

Kneeling does NOT go against the U.S. Flag code (Section 8: Respect For Flag)

The interesting thing aout carrying the flag flat is that it is against the code: The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

Jerry Jones, Roger Goodell, and the rest of the NFL brass disrespect the flag whenever it is carried flat in the stadiums during anthems. If people will be consumed about all this flag waving stuff and ceremony, at the very least follow the protocol.

You got him on a technicality. Sick burn bro. As usual you didn't address anything he actually said. 

10/11/17 7:46 PM
9/13/08
failure at life -
Billco - First time in 14 years I didnt order the ticket, or won't go to a single game.

Hard for me, b/c I am about as diehard a Steeler fan as their is. They make me sick as well.....

The steelers make me especially sick considering they made a captain in the army, a decorated war veteran and and a West Point graduate apologize for standing for the anthem

That is why they disgust me at this point. That fact that a person like Al had to apologize was disgusting to me.
10/11/17 8:10 PM
4/19/09
Kwang -
BrowBeaten -
Lol you're in a union, aren't you?
Not in a union, just understand the power the common worker possesses. The problem is they don't realize they have that power.

For me it isn't even about kneeling, it is about the billionaire owners forcing them to do something to save their profits.

What do you think happens to these morons if the money dries up? Too stupid to protect their own interests, thankfully the league owners are doing the thinking for them. 

10/11/17 11:00 PM
2/4/07
gregbrady - 

the leftsist aren't used to losing these cultural battles. They've been kicking the right's ass at them for 50 years.

I think this is actually the key issue that makes the left hate Trump so much. Trump just will not back down. That's why they want him off of Twitter. Not because he says stupid things or embarrasses the country, but because it's his primary weapon in the culture war and it's hurting them badly.

Many conservatives have been content to let the left do whatever it wanted and wouldn't fight dirty because they were content to have the moral high ground and be right on paper. Trump goes for the win and for the jugular every time.
10/11/17 11:03 PM
8/1/13
Sandy Pantz -
gregbrady - 

I think this is actually the key issue that makes the left hate Trump so much. Trump just will not back down. That's why they want him off of Twitter. Not because he says stupid things or embarrasses the country, but because it's his primary weapon in the culture war and it's hurting them badly.

Many conservatives have been content to let the left do whatever it wanted and wouldn't fight dirty because they were content to have the moral high ground and be right on paper. Trump goes for the win and for the jugular every time.

This

10/12/17 9:23 AM
4/22/17
Kwang -
BrowBeaten -
Not in a union, just understand the power the common worker possesses. The problem is they don't realize they have that power.

For me it isn't even about kneeling, it is about the billionaire owners forcing them to do something to save their profits.

They have zero power and they are all replaceable. A couple of us pointed that out to you but, no surprise, you ignored those posts. These aren't employees at a factory doing skilled work. There are thousands of college players they can plug into those spots at a moments notice. 

Edited: 10/12/17 11:29 AM
8/30/16
BrandoTheBarbarian -
Lazer MMA - 
BrandoTheBarbarian -
Lazer MMA - 

IDNGAF if U watch or no. 

The right to freedom of speach and expression is gaurenteed to US Citizens. Black people have been treated unequally in this country forever. - FACTS

Prior to the presidents comments there was no real HUGE issue.only a few guys were involved. If he did his job (health care, budget, proper foreign relations) it would be better. 

He's a guy so fuckin clown shoe stupid that when his own party tells him he can not equate Nazi's and those protesting them on equal terms, he triples down. If he only had the brains to say 'in no way should I have left room for that interpertation', it would have been forgotten. Instead he sees members of the the Strategic and Policy Forum and the Manufacturing Jobs walk away from his stupid ass. 

He's a guy that's so stupid that he had the leader of the fuckin boy scouts, and president of Mexico call him a lier (about what Trump claimed was said by them).

Then as ever he tweets like a child.

I supported him because he was nationalist. Too fuckin bad his dumb as rocks....

Yeah bro totally. Black people are treated HORRIBLY here. How they manage to live in such an oppressive shit home enduring all this racism is UNBELIEVABLE. / sarcasm

No country and no people anywhere in the history of mankind has been better to thr African and given more opportunity than this country is giving today, despite thr fact that they over represent themselves on every criminal category There is. There is equality and then some. Get your head out of your ass.

Go to youtube and type in 'poilce brutality' watch a couple hours of videos. You're delusional, have no consept of reality concerning the entire matter. I hope you're trolling.

What is YouTube going to show me??? You realize white people PER CAPITA are killed by cops at a higher rate than blacks right?

You realize a black man has a higher chance of being killed by a BLACK cop than a white cop right? What in the fuck is watching some cherry picked YouTube video going to prove dude?

The numbers don't lie dude. more often than not, concerning ANYONE of any race and creed, they are their own worst enemy and its no different here. No one on thus country is truly oppressed, gtfo with that. It's total nonsense

Do you know what "per capita" means? It means, per head or per person. Since there are way more white people than black people in the US, it isn't surprising that more white people are killed by cops.

Either way, that's a pretty simplistic way of looking at things. The average black person in the US lives a second-class existence compared to the average white person. Few go to college. A disproportionate number go to jail. Maybe white people were responsible for this a long time ago and in certain places today, but in reality its just a shitty situation that results from generations of poverty, substance abuse and bad parenting. 

10/12/17 11:28 AM
8/30/16
jaywill -

Dam man, can Trump ever not win. 

curious what trumptards think he's accomplished here.

KK kneels to bring attention to a race issue. Some white people get triggered. A few more players kneel. Trump rants at a political rally and sends out a few angry tweets. Suddenly all the players are kneeling and ctards everywhere are triggered.

MAGA!

Edited: 10/12/17 11:33 AM
4/24/12
truffleButter -
BrandoTheBarbarian -
Lazer MMA - 
BrandoTheBarbarian -
Lazer MMA - 

IDNGAF if U watch or no. 

The right to freedom of speach and expression is gaurenteed to US Citizens. Black people have been treated unequally in this country forever. - FACTS

Prior to the presidents comments there was no real HUGE issue.only a few guys were involved. If he did his job (health care, budget, proper foreign relations) it would be better. 

He's a guy so fuckin clown shoe stupid that when his own party tells him he can not equate Nazi's and those protesting them on equal terms, he triples down. If he only had the brains to say 'in no way should I have left room for that interpertation', it would have been forgotten. Instead he sees members of the the Strategic and Policy Forum and the Manufacturing Jobs walk away from his stupid ass. 

He's a guy that's so stupid that he had the leader of the fuckin boy scouts, and president of Mexico call him a lier (about what Trump claimed was said by them).

I supported him because he was nationalist. Too fuckin bad his dumb as rocks....

Yeah bro totally. Black people are treated HORRIBLY here. How they manage to live in such an oppressive shit home enduring all this racism is UNBELIEVABLE. / sarcasm

No country and no people anywhere in the history of mankind has been better to thr African and given more opportunity than this country is giving today, despite thr fact that they over represent themselves on every criminal category There is. There is equality and then some. Get your head out of your ass.

Go to youtube and type in 'poilce brutality' watch a couple hours of videos. You're delusional, have no consept of reality concerning the entire matter. I hope you're trolling.

What is YouTube going to show me??? You realize white people PER CAPITA are killed by cops at a higher rate than blacks right?

You realize a black man has a higher chance of being killed by a BLACK cop than a white cop right? What in the fuck is watching some cherry picked YouTube video going to prove dude?

The numbers don't lie dude. more often than not, concerning ANYONE of any race and creed, they are their own worst enemy and its no different here. No one on thus country is truly oppressed, gtfo with that. It's total nonsense

Do you know what "per capita" means? It means, per head or per person. Since there are way more white people than black people in the US, it isn't surprising that more white people are killed by cops.

Either way, that's a pretty simplistic way of looking at things. The average black person in the US lives a second-class existence compared to the average white person. Few go to college. A disproportionate number go to jail. Conservative white people and some retards blame white people for this. Maybe that was true a long time ago and in certain places today, but in reality its just a shitty situation that results from generations of poverty, substance abuse and bad parenting. 

I already scourced the refutation. You can refur to the post if you like, his claim was bogus as logic dictated.

I came though to post this for the the thread:

Roger Goodell: 'No policy change' on national anthem

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000860248/article/roger-goodell-no-policy-change-on-national-anthem

10/12/17 11:31 AM
4/24/12
truffleButter -
jaywill -

KK kneels to bring attention to a race issue. Some white people get triggered. A few more players kneel. Trump rants at a political rally and sends out a few angry tweets. Suddenly all the players are kneeling and ctards everywhere are triggered.

MAGA!

What r u talking about? Healcare and the bugit are done. Russia is fake news, just ask the boyscout leader.....

Is this real life?

10/12/17 11:38 AM
1/1/01
Rush Limbaugh is not feeling Trump on this forced patriotism/f*ck the 1st amendment stance:

"Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday voiced concerns about President Trump's comments on NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem to protest racial injustice, saying Trump should not have the power to dictate who can kneel during the anthem.

"There's a part of this story that's starting to make me nervous, and it's this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That's not where this should be coming from," Limbaugh said on his show."
10/12/17 11:43 AM
9/17/10
Akkadian88 -
ReneH -
Akkadian88 -
ReneH -
Akkadian88 -
ReneH -
rekt -
KCCII -
HorseMeat4200 -

Apply this logic to the other side. Why are the players politicizing football? Why are the coaches and owners? What do politics have to do with football?

No, the question that should be asked is why is it necessary to play the national anthem at a football game? Why is it necessary that a game be infused with nationlistic pride? 

Is it necessary because one gets to reaffirm their patriotism in front of masses of people? 

Is that what it is? 

It is clear to me that Trump is unable to unite people in any shape or form. A true leader can polarize people without intimidation and this is what it is: pure intimidation where one has to fall in line in a weird fascist way.

This is all just extremely weird, and if you are unable to see thru that, then maybe some deeper soul searching is in order. 

I'm not at all surprised that you won't apply your own logic to your own words. That's in line with everything I've read from you. 

Why is it necessary that a game be infused with nationalistic pride? What kind of stupid question is this? Sports have always been about nationalistic pride. Ever heard of the olympics? All that flag waving and marching to your respective anthem? This is nothing new. Stop acting like it's all of a sudden a problem and stop whining about Trump. He didn't cause any of this, but it looks like he fixed it. The NFL is capitulating. 

Yes, Trump "fixed it" and the NFL is capitulating, I will be sure to stand in my livingroom when the anthem is played. It will give me great pleasure in doing so, it will reafiirm my undying loyalty and patriotism to the cause. 

You don't want to talk about the logical fallacies you brought up. Why are you mad at the consumer for political speech but not at the NFL for political speech? It's a legit question that you refuse to answer. 

You for sure don't want to talk about your stupid nationalism in sports questions. You just want to avoid actual conversation and whine about Trump. 

Forget it. Can't make people like this see any logic.

10/12/17 6:42 PM
3/13/08
Long Ball Larry -
Lazer MMA -
BrandoTheBarbarian -
Lazer MMA - 

IDNGAF if U watch or no. 

Youtube bro..... YouTube!??!!

of those videos I have seen, a vast majority of them,  I've agreed with the level of force used

Edited: 10/12/17 7:34 PM
3/13/08
Kwang -
BrowBeaten -

so if you did something to hurt your company's profits, your boss would just let you continue?

10/12/17 7:34 PM
3/13/08
cheech - Rush Limbaugh is not feeling Trump on this forced patriotism/f*ck the 1st amendment stance:

"Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday voiced concerns about President Trump's comments on NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem to protest racial injustice, saying Trump should not have the power to dictate who can kneel during the anthem.

"There's a part of this story that's starting to make me nervous, and it's this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That's not where this should be coming from," Limbaugh said on his show."

Even though I agree with Trump's stance, I agre with this is well.  He is no longer a private citizen, he is a representative of the US Government.

10/12/17 7:37 PM
8/27/08
Looks like Trump lied again... Maga lol
10/12/17 8:39 PM
8/20/09
Such ruffled feathers in here.

Stay distracted by some dumb ass shit
10/12/17 9:12 PM
10/25/05

That letter means less than nothing. Should is not shall. 

10/14/17 12:42 AM
1/9/02
truffleButter -
jaywill -

MAGA!

Trump exacted a price on the NFL owners for their pandering to the BLM crowd.