OtherGround Forums If the Reagan assassination attempt was today...

Edited: 2/16/18 9:49 PM
6/27/09

can you imagine? I was too young to comprehend what was going on at the time, but looking back it was fishy as fuck. was the CT as strong as it is now? anyone remember?

It seems the Hinckley/Bush connections were (almost) completely ignored. both the father's to George's campaign & the sons dinner plans later that night. the obvious non-answers of their relationship. both from TX, both in big Oil. Vanderbilt in trouble with the Government (which led to a Bush/Hinckey meeting). Hinckley & World Vision.

Jodie Foster? really?

* * Just a few days earlier, after an internal struggle, Reagan put Bush in charge of "crisis managment".

HAIG OPPOSES PLAN FOR NEW BUSH ROLE BUT REAGAN MOVES

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/03/25/world/haig-opposes-plan-for-new-bush-role-but-reagan-moves-text-of-statement-page-a6.html

WASHINGTON, March 24— Secretary of State Alexander M. Haig Jr. today publicly questioned a White House plan to put Vice President Bush in charge of the Administration's ''crisis management'' team. Hours later, the Administration named Mr. Bush to the post.

* * The declaration of no conspiracy only 5 hours after, which was made by Bush.

http://tarpley.net/online-books/george-bush-the-unauthorized-biography/chapter-17-the-attempted-coup-detat-of-march-30-1981/

Another eyewitness of these transactions was Don Regan, whom the Tower Board later made the fall-guy for Bush’s Iran-contra escapades. Regan records that “the Vice President arrived with Ed Meese, who had met him when he landed to fill him in on the details. George asked for a condition report: 1) on the President; 2) on the other wounded; 3) on the assailant; 4) on the international scene. […] After the reports were given and it was determined that there were no international complications and no domestic conspiracy, it was decided that the US government would carry on business as usual. The Vice President would go on TV from the White House to reassure the nation and to demonstrate that he was in charge.”

As Weinberger recounts the same moments: “[Attorney General Bill French Smith] then reported that all FBI reports concurred with the information I had received; that the shooting was a completely isolated incident and that the assassin, John Hinckley, with a previous record in Nashville, seemed to be a ‘Bremmer’ type, a reference to the attempted assassin of George Wallace.” [fn 16]

Those who were not watching carefully here may have missed the fact that just a few minutes after George Bush had walked into the room, he had presided over the sweeping under the rug of the decisive question regarding Hinckley and his actions: was Hinckley a part of a conspiracy, domestic or international? Not more than five hours after the attempt to kill Reagan, on the basis of the most fragmentary early reports, before Hinckley had been properly questioned, and before a full investigation had been carried out, a group of cabinet officers chaired by George Bush had ruled out any conspiracy. Haig, whose memoirs talk most about the possibility of a conspiracy, does not seem to have objected to this incredible decision.

From that moment on, “no conspiracy” became the official doctrine of the US regime, for the moment a Bush regime, and the most massive efforts were undertaken to stifle any suggestion to the contrary. The iron curtain came down on the truth about Hinckley.

* * The odd placement of the limo. 

* * The former head of the CIA was one heartbeat away from the presidency, a VP that was (rumored to have been) pushed on him. only 69 days into Reagan's presidency.

“A coalition of multinational corporate executives, big-city bankers, and hungry power brokers… want to give you George Bush… their purpose is to control the American government.”

- Ronald Reagan, 1980

Odd how little talk there is of this, even now. was this even a thing back in the 80s?

2/16/18 10:00 PM
6/27/09

Mae Brussell not only talked about it, she might have predicted it.

3/28/81 - Mae Brussell speaks of a coup at the White House.

"Time for shoot-out at White House. Coup or war, which one? Necessary at this time to cover too many things coming apart!!! Who will be behind it? The team, HAIG, update Wells Fargo"

3/30/81 - Assasination attempt of Ronald Reagan. less than 48 hours after Mae's broadcast.

Alexander Haig claims "I'm in control here" (which pisses VP Bush off)

5/5/81 - Mae questions the connections. why the CIA's top attorney for Hinckley? almost immediately.

Analysis of the assassination attempt. Interconnecting links. E.B. Williams, CIA top attorney, hired for John W. Hinckley Jr.

2/16/18 10:06 PM
6/27/09
Gean - 

public perception was fully controlled back then pre internet.  today there'd have been an uproar

crazy isn't it?

it would be a shitshow  today  IMO, for good reason.

to this day, it's still not talked about much & people look at you like you're nuts.

it's not that far outside the realm of possibility.

Edited: 2/16/18 10:16 PM
6/27/09

"In a touch of irony..."

"IN A TOUCH OF IRONY..."

2/16/18 10:21 PM
6/27/09

It (possibly) goes back to some pretty dark places...

2/17/18 1:47 AM
6/27/09

almost 700 views & nothing? this doesn't interest anyone?

Apathy is their asset

Crisis Management *2/25/81

[Do you understand?]

Bankers. IC. Big Oil. (A)lot to cover up.

Exec Order 12333 [Who was behind that]?

Bush>Reagan

Hinckley BYRD fake as GLOBE+++

NOBODY IS SAFE.

D

2/17/18 2:28 AM
2/5/06
Never really thought about it

Interesting
Edited: 2/17/18 2:56 AM
12/10/09

Nah, you’re just spouting a bunch of bullshit CTard stuff with no real evidence. This is what you mongoloids do. You posit a bunch of obtuse “questions” under the guise of having a theory but never specify exactly what happened and exactly who did it and how. In this case we have a living breathing victim who had access, after the fact, to any and all info as well as the power to employ the full power of the government to investigate for the next 7 years. We also have a an assailant, Alive to this day that has never implicated Bush or anyone else in power. The crime was captured in full view of cameras beginning to end with audio. 

So I ask, what is your specific allegation? Who, what and how. Don’t just post a video of someone else saying something, what is your theory. You don’t believe the Jodie Foster letters? Jodie Foster lied for Bush too? Who else? How’d they get Jodie to continue lying her entire life?

Put it out there to be destroyed. 

Answer these questions or STFU dork. 

Edited: 2/17/18 3:11 AM
6/27/09
scrapdo - 

Nah, you’re just spouting a bunch of bullshit CTard stuff with no real evidence. This is what you mongoloids do. You posit a bunch of obtuse “questions” under the guise of having a theory but never specify exactly what happened and exactly who did it and how. In this case we have a living breathing victim who had access, after the fact, to any and all info as well as the power to employ the full power of the government to investigate for the next 7 years. We also have a an assailant, Alive to this day that has never implicated Bush or anyone else in power. The crime was captured in full view of cameras beginning to end with audio. 

So I ask, what is your specific allegation? Who, what and how. Don’t just post a video of someone else saying something, what is your theory. You don’t believe the Jodie Foster letters? Jodie Foster lied for Bush too? Who else? How’d they get Jodie to continue lying her entire life?

LOL that is exaclty what I'm doing dipshit, asking questions.

LOLOL. I think it's clear who did it & how.

which questions are "obtuse"?

watch the video if you're going to comment on it.

Do I believe Hinckley wrote letters to Foster? of course, why wouldn't I? could that only be part of the motive? why not? why so dismissive about the familes' relationship?

Tell me about Reagan's Presidency, It doesn't really seem like he was "in the loop" much after that. IC backed Bush over Reagan, LOL @ that investigation.

2/17/18 3:18 AM
10/11/05
We were too busy watching the videotape for the 8 zillionth time to think about anything. Same day disaster footage was brand new & mind-blowing.*

*Not an endorsement of CT slant.
Edited: 2/17/18 3:36 AM
12/10/09
daglord -
scrapdo - 

Do I believe Hinckley wrote letters to Foster? of course, why wouldn't I? could that only be part of the motive? why not? why so dismissive about the familes' relationship?

Tell me about Reagan's Presidency, It doesn't really seem like he was "in the loop" much after that. IC backed Bush over Reagan, LOL @ that investigation.

You admitted yourself in the OP you were “too young to comprehend what was happening at the time” but now you’re somehow the one who really knows what happened? GTFOH. and yes, I know you’re asking questions. You’re asking questions like a bitch rather than stating exactly what happened. Who did exactly what and how? You think it’s clear because you don’t know what you’re taking about. 

And yes, Reagan was most certainly “in the loop” for a long time after this attempt on his life early in his first term. Again, if you’re saying he wasn’t, say that and support it. Don’t be a cunt and ask me an entirely new question without ever committing to a statement and then having to prove it. You’re a clown. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/09/opinions/reagan-didnt-have-alzheimers-while-in-office-opinion-heubusch-shirley/index.html

2/17/18 3:27 AM
4/13/06
they'd have a hard time assassinating him today because he's been dead for a long long time
2/17/18 3:30 AM
6/27/09
scrapdo - 
daglord -
scrapdo - 

You admitted yourself in the OP you were “too young to comprehend what was happening at the time” but now you’re somehow the one who really knows what happened? GTFOH. and yes, I know you’re asking questions. You’re asking questions like a bitch rather than stating exactly what happened. Who did exactly what and how? You think it’s clear because you don’t know what you’re taking about. 

And yes, Reagan was most certainly “in the loop” for a long time after this attempt on his life early in his first term. Again, if you’re saying he wasn’t, say that and support it. Don’t be a cunt and ask me an entirely new question without ever committing to a statement and then having to prove it. You’re a clown. 

so first I'm "asking obtuse questions" & now I'm "somehow the one who really knows what happened"?

LOL. gotcha.

first off, watch the video, it's obvious what fucking happened.

Reagan said himself he didn't know half of what was going on re: Iran-Contra right? was he just playing dumb? wasn't Oliver North reporting directly to the Special Situations Group?

2/17/18 3:42 AM
12/10/09
daglord -
scrapdo - 
daglord -
scrapdo - 

so first I'm "asking obtuse questions" & now I'm "somehow the one who really knows what happened"?

LOL. gotcha.

Reagan said himself he didn't know half of what was going on re: Iran-Contra right? was he just playing dumb? wasn't Oliver North reporting directly to the Special Situations Group?

Serious question, are you retarded? I don’t honestly think you “really know(s) what happened”, dummy. That was sarcasm. I really wish your mother was a swallower. 

Anyway, I’ve done my job here. Everyone can see you bitched out of taking a real position by stating the facts then being tasked with supporting them. 

I’ll no longer argue with someone that refuses to commit to facts and support them with evidence, thereby bumping this stoopid thread. Enjoy wallowing in you ignorance. 

2/17/18 3:43 AM
7/15/09

Pretty crazy reading all of this. I wasn't even aware of the close connection to everything.

Hinckley just got released. I don't know how you aren't put to death immediately with a presidential assassination attempt.

2/17/18 3:50 AM
6/27/09
scrapdo - 
daglord -
scrapdo - 
daglord -
scrapdo - 

LOL. gotcha.

Serious question, are you retarded? I don’t honestly think you “really know(s) what happened”, dummy. That was sarcasm. I really wish your mother was a swallower. 

Anyway, I’ve done my job here. Everyone can see you bitched out of taking a real position by stating the facts then being tasked with supporting them. 

I’ll no longer argue with someone that refuses to commit to facts and support them with evidence, thereby bumping this stoopid thread. Enjoy wallowing in you ignorance. 

you stormed in here with your panties in a bunch for no reason. are you a bitch?

what "facts" haven't I supported? what have you contributed?

only one arguing (& dodging questions) here is you.

2/17/18 3:54 AM
10/3/16
daglord -

Apathy is their asset

[Do you understand?]

Bush>Reagan

NOBODY IS SAFE.

D

You're trying too hard 

2/17/18 3:58 AM
1/2/15

Im with scrapdo, typical ctard just 'asking questions'.

2/17/18 3:58 AM
12/6/10

In

2/17/18 4:02 AM
6/27/09
Muppetmower88 - 

Pretty crazy reading all of this. I wasn't even aware of the close connection to everything.

Hinckley just got released. I don't know how you aren't put to death immediately with a presidential assassination attempt.

same. can't find it now, but in one of the books they almost deny any connection until it comes out later. big donors as well. doesn't seem like it was reported on much. I wondered if it was hushed. investigative journalism was a lot more investigative back then IMO, but that line "In a touch of irony..." LOL, what.

it's hard to find news on it now, only books. who was Hinckley calling everyday from the payphone?

also a bit odd (IMO) how Hinckley  is defended by one of the CIA's attorneys of choice. Hinckley Sr had money, but EB Wililams didn't seem like the kind of guy to defend lone nuts with crushes on Jodie Foster.

2/17/18 4:03 AM
11/9/04
2/17/18 4:04 AM
6/27/09
MarcusAurelioFan - 
daglord -

Apathy is their asset

[Do you understand?]

Bush>Reagan

NOBODY IS SAFE.

D

You're trying too hard 

that was a joke regarding this board's fascination with Qanon & Flat Earth.

LOL.

2/17/18 4:10 AM
6/27/09
CawkJugglingThunderkunt - 

Im with scrapdo, typical ctard just 'asking questions'.

not sure why anyone is afraid of someone "just asking questions".

nobody is pushing disinfo here or calling it a hoax.

2/17/18 4:14 AM
6/27/09
Hammerstein - 
daglord -
scrapdo - 
daglord -
scrapdo - 
daglord -
scrapdo - 

LOL. gotcha.

you stormed in here with your panties in a bunch for no reason. are you a bitch?

what "facts" haven't I supported? what have you contributed?

only one arguing (& dodging questions) here is you.

If that's him, this is you...

Funny Face Eye Roll GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

it's been a long time, but wasn't he correct in the end?

2/17/18 5:20 AM
6/27/09
Muppetmower88 -

in 1985, only 3 years after being acquitted by reason of insanity, Hinckley's doctors report his condition in "full remission".

In 1999 he is making supervised visits outside the hospital.

In 2003, unsupervised.

By 2005 he was taking unsupervised trips to his parents' home. increasing from one to six, then ten & up to 17 days/nights at a time.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/us/john-hinckley-jr-fast-facts/index.html

and this in 85:

FBI releases documents in Hinckley investigation

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/07/31/FBI-releases-documents-in-Hinckley-investigation/1995491630400/

Notably absent from the file was a three-page interview with Reagan, who was shot in the chest and nearly died from the attack.

In deleting the interview, the FBI cited the privacy exception - one of nine reasons legally allowed for refusing to release information under the Freedom of Information Act.

Also missing from the file are details about the FBI's determination that Hinckley had acted alone in the March 30, 1981, assassination attempt.

-------

Shortly after the shooting, the FBI said it had determined there was no conspiracy and Hinckley had acted alone.

The file made no mention of papers seized from Hinckley's prison cell at Butner, N.C., which reportedly made reference to a conspiracy. Those writings were ruled inadmissible by the trial judge and never made public.

An FBI spokesman said the Hinckley case is officially closed.

In addition, the FBI deleted 22 pages concerning Hinckley's 'associates and organizations,' 22 pages about his financial status and 37 pages about his personality and character.

Hinckley was committed indefinitely to a mental hospital in Washington and although he has said he intends to petition a federal judge to be released, he has taken no steps to try to win his freedom.