OtherGround Forums Molyneux on Race & IQ

5 days ago
11/5/03
https://youtu.be/T0KKc6GbeNo

Molyneux on Dave Rubin show talking about racial IQ differences

Save the muh white/black/asian/whathaveu supremacy bullshit
5 days ago
1/14/07
Dont have time to watch now, but does he cross reference the racial findings to income level or other household factors?
5 days ago
1/19/12
toelocku - https://youtu.be/T0KKc6GbeNo

Molyneux on Dave Rubin show talking about racial IQ differences

Save the muh white/black/asian/whathaveu supremacy bullshit

5 days ago
11/5/03
RdotC - Dont have time to watch now, but does he cross reference the racial findings to income level or other household factors?
Somewhat its not super in depth more general
5 days ago
1/14/07
toelocku - 
RdotC - Dont have time to watch now, but does he cross reference the racial findings to income level or other household factors?
Somewhat its not super in depth more general

Eh... I'll skip it then.

I'm a data person.
5 days ago
1/19/12

Income level is a symptom of IQ.He also states you put white kids in black homes and black kids in white homes, and there will be minimal impact to IQ. Obviously education would suffer, but he purports that IQ leans towards nature rather than nurture.I don’t understand why people would argue this. No one argues where there are genetic physical differences with races, asians/Indonesians on average are shorter, blacks have a predisposition to more fast twitch muscle fibres, on average, so why would anyone think the physical makeup of the brain, that drives IQ, would be any different.No one is stating everyone in the same race is the same. There are outliers across the board. The discussion here is there are statistically significant differences in IQ when you look at the averages of each race. Ignorance of the facts doesn’t make them not true. It’s akin to acting like a kid and plugging your ears and screaming “I’m not listening!!!”

5 days ago
11/5/03
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

Income level is a symptom of IQ.He also states you put white kids in black homes and black kids in white homes, and there will be minimal impact to IQ. Obviously education would suffer, but he purports that IQ leans towards nature rather than nurture.I don’t understand why people would argue this. No one argues where there are genetic physical differences with races, asians/Indonesians on average are shorter, blacks have a predisposition to more fast twitch muscle fibres, on average, so why would anyone think the physical makeup of the brain, that drives IQ, would be any different.No one is stating everyone in the same race is the same. There are outliers across the board. The discussion here is there are statistically significant differences in IQ when you look at the averages of each race. Ignorance of the facts doesn’t make them not true. It’s akin to acting like a kid and plugging your ears and screaming “I’m not listening!!!”

I agree
Edited: 5 days ago
1/1/01

FWAT - cliffs ?

Anyway, for research i've read.. POTENTIAL for intellect is drive by 2 factors, brain size, and number of brain cells.

IIRC - germany had one and asians had the other one..gold coast of africa had the least of both

that said, you'd think people in the middle of the 2 would be the smartest, due to various migration... but that would include poland, and stereo type's arent stereo type without good reason

5 days ago
3/14/04
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB - 

Yes, these studies have already been done. Black children in white homes statistically performed no better in schools than black children in black homes, nor were their IQs any higher. Same was found with children of other races. Their IQs were largely unaffected by their environment.

But...well.... that's racist....so we can't talk about it.
5 days ago
10/16/10
White people aren't even top of the list in IQ so discussing it doesn't promote white supremacy. I don't understand why it's such a taboo scientific topic.
5 days ago
7/31/09
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

"Race" is such a non specific term that it is worthless for scientific discussions.  The idea of race has changed from one generation to the next.  There are large genetic variations within seemingly homogenous "races".

5 days ago
9/11/14
Stache - White people aren't even top of the list in IQ so discussing it doesn't promote white supremacy. I don't understand why it's such a taboo scientific topic.
Come on, man. You know why these truths are silenced.
5 days ago
3/17/03
EluThingol -
Stache - White people aren't even top of the list in IQ so discussing it doesn't promote white supremacy. I don't understand why it's such a taboo scientific topic.
Yes, we all do.
5 days ago
3/13/17
angryinch - 
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB - 

Yes, these studies have already been done. Black children in white homes statistically performed no better in schools than black children in black homes, nor were their IQs any higher. Same was found with children of other races. Their IQs were largely unaffected by their environment.

If you believe black children are naturally "dumber" or have lower IQ, just by NATURE alone, then you are an ignorant bigot.

No other way around it.

5 days ago
7/31/09
angryinch -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB - 

There are also pretty straightforward studies that show how kids do better in school when they come from households that emphasize education as a top priority.  Some of the lower IQ cultures you'll notice tend to emphasize education less.  

Also, how is "black" defined? 

5 days ago
7/31/09
Pedro Navaja -
angryinch - 
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB - 

If you believe black children are naturally "dumber" or have lower IQ, just by NATURE alone, then you are an ignorant bigot.

No other way around it.

You're spot on.

5 days ago
1/14/07
Lots of talk of 'studies' in this thread.

It'd be helpful if someone would link to any study that has the variables of race, household income, and household composition in relation to IQ.

Ive seen and posted studies that income level is the most predictive variable as far as educational success is concerned.
5 days ago
9/27/03

Isn’t it proven Asians have the highest IQ of any race on average? 

5 days ago
7/20/09
^^
Kids do better in school when their parents prioritize education??

You need a study to tell you that??

We really have lost all common sense.
5 days ago
3/13/17
I really don't understand why anyone would even care about correlating Race and IQ..

IQ =/= intelligence

And so many factors, BESIDES the amount of melanin in your skin, contribute to an individuals success in that dated IQ test bullshit.

Measuring intelligence is an impossible feat as intelligence is subjective.
5 days ago
10/16/10
Onikage - 
EluThingol -
Yes, we all do.

So if a different minority group was last on the list, it would suddenly be worthy of study and discussion?

I just don't understand that logic. It's such a petty reason to condemn the subject. One group has to be first and another last. It is what it is.

Science is simply the systematic observation of the natural world and it should always remain above politics. We know that academic success is directly tied to social mobility so it should be obvious that studying the biological and social factors that lead to academic success would be beneficial those groups that statistically underperform.

The only ethical question should be what to do with the findings of such research, not whether it should be conducted at all.
5 days ago
6/17/11
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

ESPN is about to fire you 

5 days ago
6/17/11
Stache -
Onikage - 
EluThingol -
Yes, we all do.

So if a different minority group was last on the list, it would suddenly be worthy of study and discussion?

I just don't understand that logic. It's such a petty reason to condemn the subject. One group has to be first and another last. It is what it is.

Science is simply the systematic observation of the natural world and it should always remain above politics. We know that academic success is directly tied to social mobility so it should be obvious that studying the biological and social factors that lead to academic success would be beneficial those groups that statistically underperform.

The only ethical question should be what to do with the findings of such research, not whether it should be conducted at all.

Actually I will say asking ‘why are we studying this’ should be a valid scientific step. 

5 days ago
10/16/10
^ I gave a reason in the third paragraph. I'm sure there are others as well.
4 days ago
1/14/07
The problem is trying to say race has a significant impact on IQ/educational performance...

There are a ton of variables you should be looking at and from everything I've seen, race is not one of the leading indicators.