OtherGround Forums Neighbor complained to landlord about dribbling...

10 days ago
3/13/17
In the summer I usually go to the park to get shots up and work on my handles. But the weather has been getting cold so I've started dribbling drills in my house.

No one is underneath me so I figured it was ok. And its not like I'm dribbling at 3am or something.. After work I do 15-20 min drill. and on weekends at a reasonable time too. Sometimes I'll have music playing and sometimes not. The only other noise I make is when I'm banging a broad, playing salsa music full blast when I'm cleaning or having a little get together with buddies.

So my landlord calls me this morning and asks me if I've been making noise. I say not really, but I have been dribbling basketball indoors.

She said that I have to stop doing that. I said why? She said the neighbors complained that I was hammering something all night.

Bullshit! My drills are timed at 15-20 min long. and I only do them at reasonable times.

I told her that I most definitely wont stop. It's not illegal and that its only 15-20 minutes a day.

She said she will have to call the housing board and if I continue, she could file paperwork to evict me. I'm pretty sure she can't do that.

So I told her to go ahead, have a nice day, I'm gonna continue dribbling indoors.

I used to have problems with her because I would have crazy parties, and she always complains about the smell of weed. But I barely party anymore, too focused on training and basketball (going pro next year).

So she has no valid reason to try to evict me really. Its my bitch ass neighbors from upstairs I'm sure. Some hipster white guy and his GF moved in over the summer and they gave me weird looks before when I was barbecuing and chilling with my boys out back. Didn't even say "hi!" when they saw us..

Landlord tried to raise rent on me like 4 times, but I refused each time. They can only raise rent if a new tenant comes in or if they make improvements to the house, so I fear shes trying to push me out so she can raise the rent and get some different people in. The neighborhood has definitely changed over the past 2 years.. Condos popping up all around and little cafes where pale dudes in skinny jeans with mustaches seem to hang around all day. I was actually going to move but I'm leaving next year anyways so figured I'd stay..

Anyways. I'm gonna go home today after work and dribble for 30 minutes this time. I aint stopping. Its fucking cold outside, and part of the deal to living in an apartment is having to put up with noise from your neigbors. You don't like noise, buy a house in the burbs.

Or be a man and talk to me face to face. Tell me it bothers you and maybe we can compromise something. Now that my neighbor went behind my back, I'm gonna make more noise just to spite his ass.

Fuck it, I'll do 2 ball drills from now on lmao..
10 days ago
12/24/10

Of all the things that never happened...

10 days ago
3/13/17
Zned - 

I am glad to not be your neighbor.

20 minutes a day of dribbling is really too much? And I'm BELOW them.
10 days ago
9/27/03

Hopefully your neighbor comes up and rapes you 

10 days ago
11/3/16

Are you even trying anymore? 

10 days ago
8/3/11
You're such a fruitcake
10 days ago
7/14/17
You sound like a shitty neighbor
10 days ago
7/14/17
Pedro Navaja -
Zned - 

You being below them matters? How do you think sound works?
10 days ago
3/13/17
disbeliever - 

Not gonna happen. I'm a beast. and my asscheeks are made of steel. I'd break his cock off if he tried. He'd have to drug me or knock me out.
10 days ago
6/30/03
Literally everything about you screams piece of shit liberal dirt bag
10 days ago
1/19/14
Pedro Navaja - 
Zned - 

You're a fucking moron
10 days ago
6/23/12

what do you gain from these threads? i consider myself a student of human psychology, and this is weird. make up a story like 4 people will get mad about. check in routinely. rustle a few jimmies. repeat tomorrow. such a weird hobby.

10 days ago
7/26/07
How about you realize you're being a shit neighbor and knock it off

Do you also vacuum at 3 in the morning?
10 days ago
1/9/02

the neighbor probably just doesn't like you because you're black pedro

I would file a complaint with the NAAcp

10 days ago
3/13/17
BrowBeaten - 
Pedro Navaja -
Zned - 

You being below them matters? How do you think sound works?

Dribbling below an apartment makes less noise than dribbling above, no?

Am I supposed to just be a quiet mouse? Part of living in urban city is having to deal with neighbors. I don't think I've ever complain about ANYONE to any landlord in my entire life.
10 days ago
3/13/17
Chimonos Revenge - How about you realize you're being a shit neighbor and knock it off

Do you also vacuum at 3 in the morning?

I'm not dribbling at 3 am bro. Its at reasonable times.

You are perfectly allowed to make noise as long as its before 10pm I believe.
10 days ago
7/15/04
Pedro Navaja -
disbeliever - 

Not gonna happen. I'm a beast. and my asscheeks are made of steel. I'd break his cock off if he tried. He'd have to drug me or knock me out.
Lolol
10 days ago
8/23/05

I'd beat the shit out of you.

10 days ago
10/15/13

Jesus tap dancing christ OP. Everytime i think i can't hate you more.....

10 days ago
1/19/14
Al Cappucino - 

Jesus tap dancing christ OP. Everytime i think i can't hate you more.....

He really is pretty good at this despite being obvious
10 days ago
11/7/07
are you dribbling in your white timberlands?
10 days ago
4/24/11

Why would you blast shitty salsa music?

10 days ago
8/16/11

idiot.

10 days ago
3/23/07
RockTheVote - 

what do you gain from these threads? i consider myself a student of human psychology, and this is weird. make up a story like 4 people will get mad about. check in routinely. rustle a few jimmies. repeat tomorrow. such a weird hobby.

It is incredibly weird.

10 days ago
1/13/13

I'm turning pro at ice hockey next year. I set up a goal in my apartment and go running around on my skates and then blast the puck into the wall. But it's just some timed drills.