OtherGround Forums Obama advisor Rice sent suspicious letter last day

7 days ago
8/18/13

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27054/breaking-her-last-day-office-obama-national-ben-shapiro

BREAKING: On Her Last Day In Office, Obama National Security Advisor Rice Sent Suspicious Letter About Obama, Comey, Trump-Russia Collusion Meeting

On Monday, the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Senators Charles Grassley (R-IA) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) sent a letter to former Obama national security advisor Susan Rice asking her to explain an email she sent to herself on the last day of her duty in the White House. That email was an email from Rice to . . . Rice. And it explained that President Obama had held a briefing on January 5 regarding supposed Trump-Russia collusion. According to the letter:

"If the timestamp is correct, you sent this email to yourself at 12:15 pm, presumably a very short time before you departed the White House for the last time. In this email to yourself, you purport to document a meeting that had taken place more than two weeks before, on January 5, 2017."

7 days ago
8/18/13

Here’s what Rice wrote:

On January 5, following a briefing by IC leadership on Russian hacking during the 2016 Presidential election, President Obama had a brief follow-on conversation with FBI Director Jim Comey and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates in the Oval Office. Vice President Biden and I were also present…President Obama began the conversation by stressing his continued commitment to ensuring that every aspect of this issue is handled by the Intelligence and law enforcement communities “by the book”. The President stressed that he is not asking about, initiating or instructing anything from a law enforcement perspective. He reiterated that our law enforcement team needs to proceed as it normally would by the book. From a national security perspective, however, President Obama said he wants to be sure that, as we engage with the incoming team, we are mindful to ascertain if there is any reason that we cannot share information fully as it relates to Russia…The President asked Comey to inform him if anything changes in the next few weeks that should affect how we share classified information with the incoming team. Comey said he would.

7 days ago
8/18/13

There are several portions of this email that should be disturbing.

First, why was Rice sending a memo to herself, except to create a paper trail designed to paste a friendly gloss on a rather suspicious meeting? Second, how exactly would Obama have planned to prevent the intelligence community from handing over information to the incoming commander-in-chief? Trump has full constitutional power over the executive branch, including the intelligence community. Yet Obama presumably said that he might want to prevent the full sharing of information regarding Russia. Third, Obama said he didn’t want to interfere with anything from a law enforcement perspective. But how about from an intelligence-gathering perspective?

Furthermore, the double emphasis on Obama stating that he wanted to proceed “by the book” smacks of a bit too much protest. Did Obama really want to proceed by the book? Or did he say that for effect?

Grassley and Graham ask a series of questions that deserve answers:

• Why did Rice send the email?
  • When was she aware of the Trump-Russia collusion investigation?
  • Was she aware of the FISA warrant on Carter Page?
  • Did Comey or Yates mention any media coverage of the Steele dossier?
  • Was she aware of the Steele dossier?
  • Were there any more meetings of this sort?
7 days ago
8/6/08
Thats called a CYA memo. they obviously knew what they were doing was wrong and that they politicized intelligence. this was something they could keep in their back pocket as a paper trail in case they were exposed.
7 days ago
3/1/10

It's like a pedo going to meet a teenage girl for sex and writing himself a note signed/dated beforehand where he says he's just checking up on her.

6 days ago
1/25/04

I'm so glad Trump and America overpowered the corrupt political system. 

America BARELY won that battle but the war still rages on. 

Edited: 6 days ago
5/14/06

As Perry Mason liked to say, OP's post is incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial - at least so far as the UG forum is concerned.

Edited: 6 days ago
7/23/10

Rice was smart enough to anticipate the bullshit and sent herself an email which could then be FOIA'ed to set the record straight.

6 days ago
1/1/01
Jack Carter - 

Without Trump winning, none of this comes to surface and tens of millions go on believing both Obama and Hillary are for the people with honor and integrity. If for no other reason, Trump's historical victory has served to expose the monumental amount of corruption which passes as business as usual.
6 days ago
1/1/01
Rice was the one that urged Bill Clinton not to kill Osama bin Laden,she should have never been brought in to another administration.
6 days ago
1/1/01
SinCityHustler - 
Jack Carter - 

Without Trump winning, none of this comes to surface and tens of millions go on believing both Obama and Hillary are for the people with honor and integrity. If for no other reason, Trump's historical victory has served to expose the monumental amount of corruption which passes as business as usual.

No wonder Trump won, his supporters are too stupid (or lazy?) to read. The article concerns Trump's alleged collusion with Russia and the Obama administration's handling of it. Your current fucking President colluding with a hostile foreign power.

All you fucking losers want to keep Mexicans out but you have no problem with your President and his staff sucking Putin's big Russian dick.
6 days ago
1/1/01
scarfacedave - 
SinCityHustler - 
Jack Carter - 

No wonder Trump won, his supporters are too stupid (or lazy?) to read. The article concerns Trump's alleged collusion with Russia and the Obama administration's handling of it. Your current fucking President colluding with a hostile foreign power.

All you fucking losers want to keep Mexicans out but you have no problem with your President and his staff sucking Putin's big Russian dick.

I actually believe you are that stupid to passionately believe what you posted.
6 days ago
8/29/09
SinCityHustler -
scarfacedave - 
SinCityHustler - 
Jack Carter - 

You are correct, scarfacedave is a very, very passionate, yet very, very stupid man.

6 days ago
7/2/09

What the fuck is wrong with you people posting this political shit on the UG?  You understand we fucking come here *SPECIFICALLY* because it's not your garbage, right?  FUCK OFF.

At this point, I honestly feel sorry for anyone that identifies or affiliates with any of the political tribes.  You are all one... retard.

6 days ago
3/15/06
Bad Monkey -
SinCityHustler -
scarfacedave - 
SinCityHustler - 
Jack Carter - 

You are correct, scarfacedave is a very, very passionate, yet very, very stupid man.

it's highly likely that he just read that and thought you complimented him

6 days ago
8/18/13
scarfacedave -
SinCityHustler - 
Jack Carter - 

I worry about you, Buddy. Maybe you have some brain damage from your shitty fight career.

6 days ago
8/29/09
CuddleBug -
Bad Monkey -
SinCityHustler -
scarfacedave - 
SinCityHustler - 
Jack Carter - 

it's highly likely that he just read that and thought you complimented him

It is somewhat a compliment.  I'm kinda envious of passionate people. Not so envious that I would accept the tradeoff of being as dumb as scarfacedave to be more passionate, but still.

6 days ago
11/19/06
DrPeterVenkman -
scarfacedave -
SinCityHustler - 
Jack Carter - 

I worry about you, Buddy. Maybe you have some brain damage from your shitty fight career.

Ouch lol

6 days ago
4/27/16

In for “WRONG FORUM ASSHOLE!”

6 days ago
1/1/01
ttt
6 days ago
1/1/01
I do a terrible job of noticing most screen names and remembering who is who. I know SFD has been here a while. I know I've seen his posts prior but I haven't paid close attention to them. It appears the consensus is he's one dumb mother fucker.

SFD if you're reading this, I wish you no ill will. I have a new found empathy for you now that I am aware of your situation. Best wishes.
6 days ago
9/11/14
scarfacedave -
SinCityHustler - 
Jack Carter - 

Avoid discussions that require intellect and stick to getting punched in the head for a living.

6 days ago
1/1/01
SinCityHustler - 
Jack Carter - 

And they almost got away with it. It makes you wonder if this was a one time thing or if it happens all the time and this is just one time the swamp missed it's mark and we got to see behind the curtain.
6 days ago
12/10/09
scarfacedave -
SinCityHustler - 
Jack Carter - 

I hope we deport your whole extended family

6 days ago
6/17/11

yea whats his face jew conservative guyyyyyyyy ... Shapiro!! ... talked about it today and it seemed fucking insanely wild