10. Netherlands

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/overall-full-list

1/24/18 9:13 AM
9/11/14
Lol at USA not being Número Uno.
Edited: 1/24/18 9:14 AM
6/3/09

Methodology: How the 2018 Best Countries Were Ranked

Behind a country's wealth and success are the policies that create possibilities, the people that drive the effort and the history that shapes the environment and perspective.

Globalization has expanded a country's presence beyond its physical borders, and the 2018 Best Countries rankings seek to understand a nation's worth beyond hard metrics.

The 2018 Best Countries report and rankings are based on how global perceptions define countries in terms of a number of qualitative characteristics, impressions that have the potential to drive trade, travel and investment and directly affect national economies. The report covers perceptions of 80 nations.

Ranking the Countries

The study and model used to score and rank countries were developed by Y&R's BAV Group and The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, specifically professor David J. Reibstein, in consultation with U.S. News & World Report.

A set of 65 country attributes – terms that can be used to describe a country and that are also relevant to the success of a modern nation – were identified. Attributes by nation were presented in a survey of more than 21,000 people from across the globe. Participants assessed how closely they associated an attribute with a nation.

Each country was scored on each of the 65 country attributes based on a collection of individual survey responses. The more a country was perceived to exemplify a certain characteristic in relation to the average, the higher that country's attribute score and vice versa. These scores were normalized to account for outliers and transformed into a scale that could be compared across the board.

Attributes were grouped into nine subrankings that rolled into the Best Countries ranking: Adventure, Citizenship, Cultural Influence, Entrepreneurship, Heritage, Movers, Open for Business, Power and Quality of Life.

These thematic subrankings were formed by grouping country attributes that had similar global trends in survey responses. Subranking scores for each country were determined by averaging the scores that country received in each of the attributes comprising that subranking.

To determine the weight each subranking score had in the overall Best Countries score, each was correlated to 2014 gross domestic product purchasing power parity per capita, a measure of inclusive prosperity, as reported by the International Monetary Fund. Subrankings that demonstrated a stronger relationship with the wealth metric were weighted more heavily, and all weights were standardized to total 100.

The Movers subranking represents a version of BAV's BrandAsset Valuator Model of Brand Building, a metric developed by BAV that is predictive of a country's future growth in terms of gross domestic product purchasing power parity per capita. Instead of one year of data, it was correlated to predicted growth of the metric from 2014 to 2020.

The subrankings, their weights in calculating the overall ranking score and the country attributes factored into each are below. The country attribute scores were equally weighted within each subranking. Subranking weights do not add up to precisely 100.00 due to rounding.

Edited: 1/24/18 9:14 AM
6/3/09

Adventure (3.24 percent): friendly, fun, pleasant climate, scenic, sexy

Citizenship (16.95 percent): cares about human rights, cares about the environment, gender equality, progressive, religious freedom, respects property rights, trustworthy, well-distributed political power

Cultural Influence (12.93 percent): culturally significant in terms of entertainment, fashionable, happy, has an influential culture, modern, prestigious, trendy

Entrepreneurship (17.42 percent): connected to the rest of the world, educated population, entrepreneurial, innovative, provides easy access to capital, skilled labor force, technological expertise, transparent business 
practices, well-developed infrastructure, well-developed legal framework

Heritage (3.17 percent): culturally accessible, has a rich history, has great food, many cultural attractions

Movers (10.00 percent): different, distinctive, dynamic, unique

Open for Business (11.99 percent): bureaucratic, cheap manufacturing costs, corrupt, favorable tax environment, transparent government practices

Power (7.42 percent): a leader, economically influential, politically influential, strong international alliances, strong military

Quality of Life (16.89 percent): a good job market, affordable, economically stable, family friendly, income equality, politically stable, safe, well-developed public education system, well-developed public health system

To arrive at a country's rank, we first calculated its standardized scores for each of the 65 country attributes. Each country received nine subranking scores by averaging its scores for the country attributes grouped into that subranking. A country's overall score reflects the weighted sum of its subranking scores. The subranking and overall scores were rescaled so that the top country in each category received a value of 100, and others were calculated as a proportion of that top score. Scores were ranked in descending order.

Additional lists rank the countries on more specific topics, such as the Best Countries for Women and the Best Countries to Raise Kids. Groups of relevant country attribute data were used to score and rank countries for these lists, but they do not affect the overall Best Countries score or ranking.

http://More at https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/methodology

1/24/18 9:19 AM
4/1/10

1/24/18 10:38 AM
6/22/03
A survey? How incredibly unscientific.
1/24/18 10:46 AM
6/5/03
EluThingol - Lol at USA not being Número Uno.
Exactly.

Bunch a slackjawed faggots making that list.
1/24/18 10:47 AM
6/5/03
ChomskyBlackBelt -

Truth hurts, eh bitch?

Here's one of the slackjawed faggots now.
1/24/18 10:50 AM
9/11/14
ChomskyBlackBelt -

Truth hurts, eh bitch?

CNN style truth does not hurt, bus wanker.
1/24/18 11:13 AM
6/3/09
alley - A survey? How incredibly unscientific.

If I come across a ranking of countries derived from special relativity, I’ll be sure to post it for you.

1/24/18 11:26 AM
8/18/13

Probably because everyone living outside of the USA couldn’t bear the thought of doing anything other than going on a trip there. I know tons of people who have, and want to, emigrate to Australia & Canada. I don’t know a single person who’d ever even considered moving to the US. The US is a nice place but has one big issue, it’s full of fucking Americans 

1/24/18 11:29 AM
10/15/13

Don't see any 'Shithole' countries in that list.

1/24/18 1:12 PM
9/11/14
Dreville79 -

Probably because everyone living outside of the USA couldn’t bear the thought of doing anything other than going on a trip there. I know tons of people who have, and want to, emigrate to Australia & Canada. I don’t know a single person who’d ever even considered moving to the US. The US is a nice place but has one big issue, it’s full of fucking Americans 

Hahahahaha. Texas alone is better than anywhere in Europe.

Delusional boy.
1/24/18 1:32 PM
8/6/11
Al Cappucino -

Don't see any 'Shithole' countries in that list.

How did you miss Canada?

-Mark
1/24/18 1:38 PM
1/9/02

I rank USA number one bitches!!

USA USA USA

1/24/18 2:03 PM
1/9/02

lol @ the UK ranking above the US

in what way?

highly suspect

I think they just took all of the countries in Europe taking in the most refugees and put them in the top 10 in a random order then htrew Switzerland in there to throw ppl off that got suspicious of their bias

this is just globalist propoganda

Ive been to every single one of those countries except Australia and realistically that is probably the only country you could make an argument would rank higher than the US.

1/24/18 2:06 PM
1/9/02

the UK has higher crime

higher taxes

worse weather

much less public land than the US

more crowded

you can get arrested for saying the wrong things and it's illegal to arm yourself to portect yourself from crime.

they have govt helathcare and some might see that as better than our system but come on. the rest are not defensible.

1/25/18 4:01 AM
10/29/07

MAGA!

1/25/18 7:44 AM
8/12/09

Did they survey citizens of Detroit to rep the US?

1/25/18 9:59 AM
8/17/13

I live in the U.K. and I’ve travelled a fair bit. There’s no way it’s a better place to live than Australia. 

The survey is about people’s impressions of countries from abroad though isn’t it? 

The fact Aussie is Ninja to get into and get citizenship and is relatively strict on immigration probably explains it. 

1/25/18 11:01 AM
4/22/17
Dreville79 -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

1/25/18 11:10 AM
4/3/08

I'm shocked we don't see Haiti on there

1/25/18 11:39 AM
6/3/09
Akkadian88 -
Dreville79 -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

LOL what?

You respond to a claim that most people only want to visit the US... with a list about how people like to visit the US?

Do you want a minute to rethink that one?