OtherGround Forums Purposely not paying at self checkout Walmart?

3/20/17 6:57 PM
1/9/09
I used to ring up almonds as peanuts
3/20/17 7:06 PM
12/7/06

This thread is really sad...I have a hard enough time having faith in people already!

3/20/17 10:34 PM
1/30/10

Would you guys feel the same if it was a young child stealing a loaf of bread because his family is hungry? 

Thieve is a thieve right?

3/20/17 10:40 PM
6/17/11
dios -

Would you guys feel the same if it was a young child stealing a loaf of bread because his family is hungry? 

Jigglypuff?
3/20/17 10:50 PM
1/30/10
McSurly -
dios -

Jigglypuff?

Huh?

3/20/17 11:23 PM
1/1/01
dios -

Thieve!

3/20/17 11:28 PM
1/28/12
dios -

Are you a small child that needed to steal to feed his family?

No.

You're just a massive faggot of a thief. Attempting to play at a person's heartstrings in order to rationalize your very, very real character faults serves to FURTHER prove that you are lacking severely on morality.

Stop trying to rationalize this shit, you thief.

3/20/17 11:30 PM
11/5/03
Go to store.
Fill up dozens of bags with $12+ per pound bulk items.
Go to self checkout and enter them all as "plain white flour".
Pay $3.
Enjoy!
3/20/17 11:59 PM
1/1/01
Got to appreciate Walmart for showing the OG what it truly is, lol.
3/21/17 12:27 AM
3/9/13
No surprises from the Walmart crowd in this thread.
3/21/17 12:48 AM
1/30/10
IgnorantDeadline -
dios -

No.

You're just a massive faggot of a thief. Attempting to play at a person's heartstrings in order to rationalize your very, very real character faults serves to FURTHER prove that you are lacking severely on morality.

Haha I'm glad I got you pissed off ...you idiot 

3/21/17 12:53 AM
12/27/15
Stealing is addictive. You'll start small and grow.
3/21/17 1:03 AM
1/28/12
dios -
IgnorantDeadline -
dios -

No.

Haha I'm glad I got you pissed off ...you idiot 

What makes you think i am pissed off, you thief?

Some people swear to just swear. English isn't even my first language. Swearing in English is meaningless.

And if someone did get angry at a thief does that make them equal to or lesser than the thieving piece of shit?

You thieving fucking faggot! Man, you can rationalize and rationalize. You have a major, major character flaw.

Not only are you a thief but you are akin to a woman in your level of selfish rationalization.

That is why i call you, very fittingly, a faggot.

You faggot 

3/21/17 2:32 AM
11/2/14

I had a buddy who was a cashier at Albertsons. He would scan shit upside down and let us keep cases of beer in the cart but forget to scan them. Ended up paying 180 bucks for two carts overfilled with BBQ food and a whole cart of beer

3/21/17 3:18 AM
10/15/16
Liyon -
MMARAIDER - 

You're doing their job for them. It's only right you get compensated 

Interesting, but checking out your own groceries is the premium you pay for not having to wait in line.

The Randall's stores in my area actually did away with all their self-checkout stations and the lines are ridiculous now!

They also had a person monitoring the stations and knew exactly what you rung up, etc... Walmart doesn't have that. They may have a person directing traffic, but they're usually too busy hanging out and talking to their co-workers to care about what you're doing.

there's lines at the self checkout... as more people get used to it, it will increases until you have to guesstimate which line, self check included, is fastest

3/21/17 9:44 AM
3/13/08
I don't steal.

Once at Bashas Supermarket, all peppers were 75 cents each (regardless of color). I got four peppers (one red, one orange, one green, and one yellow). Since they were the same price, I tossed all of them in the same bag. I wanted to go into a regular line with a cashier, but the lines were way too long. During self-checkout, I selected four yellow peppers. I only did this because they were all the same price that weekend and did not want to separate the peppers and scan them one by one. Even though I still paid the correct price for my produce, I felt guilty because I want supermarkets to have correct inventory for their merchandise (and have it annotated that I bought one of each color). The next day I did separate the colors and scanned it one by one.

Stealing is stealing. It doesn't matter if it's a pack of Tic Tacs or a gold Rolex watch.

The poster that mentioned that loss of revenue due to theft is considered with self-checkout registers is correct for most stores. Many businesses still like them because it's convenient for their respective customers and that's one less employee with health benefits they must account for. The vast majority of thieves steal cheap items in the self-checkout line or else they notify a store employee. The ones that steal electric shavers and the more expensive items tend to get caught and prosecuted (as cameras videotape their transactions).

Nevertheless, stealing is wrong 100% of the time. I cannot and will not steal due to having integrity and a conscious.
3/21/17 12:27 PM
6/4/07
SgtJustinTeplitz - I don't steal.

Once at Bashas Supermarket, all peppers were 75 cents each (regardless of color). I got four peppers (one red, one orange, one green, and one yellow). Since they were the same price, I tossed all of them in the same bag. I wanted to go into a regular line with a cashier, but the lines were way too long. During self-checkout, I selected four yellow peppers. I only did this because they were all the same price that weekend and did not want to separate the peppers and scan them one by one. Even though I still paid the correct price for my produce, I felt guilty because I want supermarkets to have correct inventory for their merchandise (and have it annotated that I bought one of each color). The next day I did separate the colors and scanned it one by one.

Stealing is stealing. It doesn't matter if it's a pack of Tic Tacs or a gold Rolex watch.

The poster that mentioned that loss of revenue due to theft is considered with self-checkout registers is correct for most stores. Many businesses still like them because it's convenient for their respective customers and that's one less employee with health benefits they must account for. The vast majority of thieves steal cheap items in the self-checkout line or else they notify a store employee. The ones that steal electric shavers and the more expensive items tend to get caught and prosecuted (as cameras videotape their transactions).

Nevertheless, stealing is wrong 100% of the time. I cannot and will not steal due to having integrity and a conscious.

They don't give a shit about the pepper inventory, checkers screw that stuff up all the time. They have employees for the produce section who make sure the orders are right for what they have on hand.

3/21/17 12:37 PM
3/13/08
HexRei - 

They don't give a shit about the pepper inventory, checkers screw that stuff up all the time. They have employees for the produce section who make sure the orders are right for what they have on hand.

It all depends on the store. If the store was smart, they would balance their computer system with what they physically have in their inventory.
3/21/17 5:27 PM
1/1/01
SgtJustinTeplitz -
HexRei - 

It all depends on the store. If the store was smart, they would balance their computer system with what they physically have in their inventory.

Big chains keep perpetual inventory.  

3/21/17 8:39 PM
10/15/16

one time at walmart, I double bagged and only paid for one... suckers!

3/21/17 9:11 PM
1/1/01
Wayne Shamrock - 

Getting SexyTime at a Walmart is..........ahem.........edgy.

3/21/17 9:14 PM
10/15/16
Samoa -
Wayne Shamrock - 

Getting SexyTime at a Walmart is..........ahem.........edgy.

jambo gets it where jambo finds it... and takes adequate precautions